E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
asiandon

My Ride: BM
Exclamation PIC REQUEST: p46 w/ 6K Angels, 8K HID

please post your pics, I want to do this but want to seee how it looks??

I have a black e46 (pre-facelift).....

...Thanks...
asiandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
i have this set up but OEM projectors with visionbulb HIDs and 6000K angels, look thru my old thread i think i have some daytime pics, my fogs are also 6000K. I like it, looks good

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:43 AM   #3
kwlaznkid

My Ride: 335i/M3/CLK500
Send a message via AIM to kwlaznkid Send a message via Yahoo to kwlaznkid
had this on my car as well
loved it, got tons of compliments! do it trust me it'll be hot!

Need angel eyes or any lighting stuff installed in OC? PM me, cheapest around, I promise
BMW E92 328I BMW E46 M3 Mercedes Benz CLK500
BMW E92 335I (SOLD)
Porsche 996 911 C2 (SOLD)
BMW E46 325Ci (TOTALED)
kwlaznkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #4
asiandon

what do u meen OEM? how much?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Nilz-323i

My Ride: 323i-4dr Black
i dont really have any pictures ...my car has 8K HIDs with 6k angel eyes .basically the P46's.
I think the setup is really great. I have a pre-facelift sedan thats black. LOOKS AMAZING.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
i would suggest getting 6k all over... i don't see why you would want lights that don't match

here is a full 6k set up (6k halos, 6k led turn signals, 6k xenon headlights, 6k xenon foglights)

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
asiandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilz-323i View Post
i dont really have any pictures ...my car has 8K HIDs with 6k angel eyes .basically the P46's.
I think the setup is really great. I have a pre-facelift sedan thats black. LOOKS AMAZING.
im new to all this, but wen u buy the p46's, do they come with HIDs and Angel Eyes installed??

Cud u also post a picture up, i really wanna see how this would look like on a black e46.... thanks

Last edited by asiandon; 06-28-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: extra
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
You can add on the HID option by selecting one of the HID/Xenon Kelvin color temperatures. They will come with preinstalled and built in angel eyes standard.

Projector46 Headlights

Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
asiandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
You can add on the HID option by selecting one of the HID/Xenon Kelvin color temperatures. They will come with preinstalled and built in angel eyes standard.
actually u know what the 8k HIDs with the black e46 dusnt really suit the 6k angel eyes!! that car luks jst like mine lol......u have any of the same kit with 6k for the HID's too??

Also.. Which HID temp is closest to the xenon seen on most factory bmw's and mercs??
Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Good choice, the 6000k matches up much better:

If you want the closes to OEM, go with the 4000k. Although, I recommend sticking with the 6000k as the 4000k will be a bit yellowish in comparison.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:47 AM   #11
asiandon

Quote:
If you want the closes to OEM, go with the 4000k. Although, I recommend sticking with the 6000k as the 4000k will be a bit yellowish in comparison.
Ok thanks.

A few more questions tho...

a) Im from the UK and because we drive on the the otherside of the road will the lights be illigal here..?

b) How easy is it to fit..?

c) Postage costs to the UK..?

d) How will the angel eyes be turned on? with the sidelight..?

e) Whats the difference between standard angel eyes and Predator Chromium..?

f) What is the warranty on the kit..?

Sorry for loads of questions, Im just curious!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:06 PM   #12
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

See below in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandon View Post
Ok thanks.

A few more questions tho...

a) Im from the UK and because we drive on the the otherside of the road will the lights be illigal here..?
There is a flap on the headlights that you can turn to make them RHD compatible.
b) How easy is it to fit..?
These are a direct factory replacement headlight so they will bolt into the stock locations and slide right into place. There is no need to modify your mounting brackets or anything out of replacing your factory headlights.
c) Postage costs to the UK..?
You can see a breakdown of postal rates right on our website by adding the headlights to your cart and clicking check out. Then enter your zip code and you will be good to go
d) How will the angel eyes be turned on? with the sidelight..?
The Projector46's come with our complete angel eye wiring harness with built in remote kit. This means that they will fade on when you unlock the car with your factory remote, stay on whenever the car is on (even if the headlights are on), and fade off when you lock the car with your factory remote. If you want the ability to turn them on and off at will, we do have a Kill Switch DIY that will show you how to install a custom switch.
e) Whats the difference between standard angel eyes and Predator Chromium..?
The angel eyes that you get with the Projector46's are identical to the Predator Chromiums but are custom installed by us into the built in bezels inside the P46 housing. Stock headlights do not have the built in bezels so the Predator Chromium rings clip on to the headlight. The P46's have molded bezels to create a seamless integration of the ring. Light output wise, they are identical, the rings on the P46's look a bit more factory and are thicker.
f) What is the warranty on the kit..?
Full lifetime warranty on all the internal pieces (ballast, igniters, angel eyes, wiring etc...)
Sorry for loads of questions, Im just curious!
Hope that helps out
Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
to Jlevisw.com... great vendor and I would not suggest buying lighting components from anyone else

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
asiandon

Quote:
See below in bold

Hope that helps out
thats a BIG help man, thanks.

I will b buying the kit from you, definatly. But what temp to get is still undecided.

Any chance you can find a picture of a black e46 with 8k angels and 8k HID??? The 8k produces more light than xenon imitation bulbs (halogen) right??
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #15
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Honestly, go with the 6000k. With the 8000k, you loose a good amount of light output and the color temperature will not perfectly match the 6000k angel eyes.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #16
asiandon

Quote:
Honestly, go with the 6000k. With the 8000k, you loose a good amount of light output and the color temperature will not perfectly match the 6000k angel eyes.
true, but thing is Iv got sum xenon immitation hallogens atm and their pure white with a bit of blue (very little)....6000k will luk similar (i.e. pure white)....so it wud b pointless in me gettin HIDs right? Thats why im wondering whether 8000k AE and 8000k HIDS wud luk good? I just want somethin that will look classy and turn heads....

Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

Pointless? Far from it, no matter how good your halogen bulbs are there is nothing that will compare to a true xenon output. At best, your halogens will close in on a 4300k output. I can guarantee the 6000k xenons will be not only 3x as bright but provide a much more pure white light output. If you want classy, go with the 6000k. The 8000k IMO is too blue.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #18
mycool

My Ride: needs rims 325i
sig
CF emblems|cf gauge overlay| Gauge Rings|Projectors!|6k HID kit|CUSTOM CF eyelids
Project:CSL
mycool is offline   Reply With Quote