E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
pakman3

My Ride: piece
dayamm lookin rip

sorry for threadjacking, but can you jot down what you eat throughout the day?? i just started to cut down and this is me as of now:

Last edited by pakman3; 07-02-2007 at 03:18 PM.
pakman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #22
Hartge50
Kleemann Info Centre GmBH

My Ride: The Hertz Mobile
Damn Bchop! You must be part of the 300 crew.

Seriously though what do you eat on a normal average day? I'm hitting the thread mill for a good 30min run just so i can lose some of the fats. Any other technique you can recommend?

How much can you bench(flat and incline?) Talk about motivation.
Hartge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #23
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
wow nice work man. Dedication really pays off.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #24
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
what's your ab exercise?

and do you have a chiseled face?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #25
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
jeeeez rich

what the hell do you eat?
i need to get a good meal plan going so i can shred a few pounds

you can contribute to the "jonathan russo needs a good exercise/workout/food intake routine" foundation anytime you would like

plus i need to sleep more....
Old 07-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #26
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Great work Rich, you are HUGE
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Thanks guys, its good to know my hard work has paid off. I'll share my diet and what not, but keep in mind fellas, this is what works for ME, and every person's diet/routine should be adjusted for their own needs and goals.

My cutting diet isn't too strict at all. It's actually pretty similar to my bulking diet, I just adjust the amount of food I eat to be at either a deficit or excess to my daily maintenance level. I usually have an extra meal for a total of 7 on a bulk. On my cut though, like today for example, it looked like this...

DIET
Meal 1 - 5 whole eggs/bowl of old fashion plain oatmeal made with milk (add a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 a scoop of chocolate whey for flavor)

Meal 2 - Tuna sandwich on whole grain bread, and some baby carrots

Meal 3 - My pwo shake

Meal 4 - chicken breast, brown rice, beans, and some veggies

Meal 5 - 2 slices of whole grain toast/Shrimp "stir fry" (a huge pan of garlic, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes; all in a pan with olive oil and a bit of my own seasoning, shrimp tossed in after)

Meal 6 - 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese with a couple tablespoons of natural peanut butter mixed in.

I also allow myself to have 1 all out cheat meal every weak, regardless of cut or bulk. I drink anywhere from 1 to 2 gallons of water a day, and snack on almonds all day long.

W/O Routine

My workout routine varies quite a bit when I cut, but for the most part, it is a 3 day split as follows...

Mon-chest/tris/abs
Wed-back/bis/forarms
Friday-legs/shoulders/traps

I always lift low and heavy, unless I want to shock my body in which I'll incorporate different shocking methods like drop sets and higher reps. As you can see, I only hit abs once a week, sometimes I'll hit them twice by tossing abs in on Fridays at the end. My specific ab routine is easy. It just consists on 3 sets of weighted decline twisting crunches, and 3 sets of leg lifts. Every now and then I'll switch it up but alternating the movements a little bit, but thats it

Cardio wise, I do cardio 2-3 times a week. I only do a light jog for 20-30 minutes tops, and perform HIIT once a week when I can.

Again, my training is pretty much the same all year round in terms of sets and reps, what determines whether I'm cutting or bulking is my diet. I don't count calories, as I already know my body pretty well to understand how it will respond to different portion sizes.

Supplement wise, I keep it simple, and to the basics. I use whey, l-glutamine, a multi, creatine monohydrate (although I haven't used it in months), fish oil, and dex/malto for my pwo shakes. I have recently switched to WMS these last couple weeks as opposed to the dex/malto to see what all the hype was about, its possibly too soon to tell but I haven't noticed a difference. I also ran some EC a few months back, but that was for 3 weeks in between a bulk. I didn't run it for this cut.

Remember, this is a typical day for me, don't go following this exactly as everyone is different, and it might not work for some, but I hope it at least somewhat helps you guys get a better understand to help you develop your own diets/routines designed for your particular goals and needs. You guys can also run a few searches here in this subforum as there is quite a bit of helpful info already circulating around

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS

Last edited by bimmerchop; 07-02-2007 at 10:01 PM.
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #28
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Thanks guys, its good to know my hard work has paid off. I'll share my diet and what not, but keep in mind fellas, this is what works for ME, and every person's diet/routine should be adjusted for their own needs and goals.

My cutting diet isn't too strict at all. It's actually pretty similar to my bulking diet, I just adjust the amount of food I eat to be at either a deficit or excess to my daily maintenance level. I usually have an extra meal for a total of 7 on a bulk. On my cut though, like today for example, it looked like this...

DIET
Meal 1 - 5 whole eggs/bowl of old fashion plain oatmeal made with milk (add a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 a scoop of chocolate whey for flavor)

Meal 2 - Tuna sandwich on whole grain bread, and some baby carrots

Meal 3 - My pwo shake

Meal 4 - chicken breast, brown rice, beans, and some veggies

Meal 5 - 2 slices of whole grain toast/Shrimp "stir fry" (a huge pan of garlic, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes; all in a pan with olive oil and a bit of my own seasoning, shrimp tossed in after)

Meal 6 - 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese with a couple tablespoons of natural peanut butter mixed in.

I also allow myself to have 1 all out cheat meal every weak, regardless of cut or bulk. I drink anywhere from 1 to 2 gallons of water a day, and snack on almonds all day long.

W/O Routine

My workout routine varies quite a bit when I cut, but for the most part, it is a 3 day split as follows...

Mon-chest/tris/abs
Wed-back/bis/forarms
Friday-legs/shoulders/traps

I always lift low and heavy, unless I want to shock my body in which I'll incorporate different shocking methods like drop sets and higher reps. As you can see, I only hit abs once a week, sometimes I'll hit them twice by tossing abs in on Fridays at the end. My specific ab routine is easy. It just consists on 3 sets of weighted decline twisting crunches, and 3 sets of leg lifts. Every now and then I'll switch it up but alternating the movements a little bit, but thats it

Cardio wise, I do cardio 2-3 times a week. I only do a light jog for 20-30 minutes tops, and perform HIIT once a week when I can.

Again, my training is pretty much the same all year round in terms of sets and reps, what determines whether I'm cutting or bulking is my diet. I don't count calories, as I already know my body pretty well to understand how it will respond to different portion sizes.

Supplement wise, I keep it simple, and to the basics. I use whey, l-glutamine, a multi, creatine monohydrate (although I haven't used it in months), fish oil, and dex/malto for my pwo shakes. I have recently switched to WMS these last couple weeks as opposed to the dex/malto to see what all the hype was about, its possibly too soon to tell but I haven't noticed a difference. I also ran some EC a few months back, but that was for 3 weeks in between a bulk. I didn't run it for this cut.

Remember, this is a typical day for me, don't go following this exactly as everyone is different, and it might not work for some, but I hope it at least somewhat helps you guys get a better understand to help you develop your own diets/routines designed for your particular goals and needs. You guys can also run a few searches here in this subforum as there is quite a bit of helpful info already circulating around
Solid routine. The diet is clean but will also enable you to bulk while cutting (nothing drastic time wise though). Kudos bro!
M3_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #29
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
I'm surprise you're not a personal trainer cause you have it down to a science.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #30
jaewonder

My Ride: 13 Cooper S
Looking very good. I wish I had pecs like yours haha. Mad props!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 AM   #31
Dalton
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly

My Ride: goes wshh
Do you use mayo with your tuna or do you put it on the sandwich plain? I've been trying to figure out healthy ways to incorporate tuna into my diet but I don't know if I'm 100% on the taste of plain tuna.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #32
simplyj

My Ride: the subway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Do you use mayo with your tuna or do you put it on the sandwich plain? I've been trying to figure out healthy ways to incorporate tuna into my diet but I don't know if I'm 100% on the taste of plain tuna.
I use Smart Balance Fat Free mayo mixed in w/ my tuna, usually with a leaf of lettuce on toasted whole wheat bread. I hate plain tuna, but the fat free mayo isn't so bad.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:47 PM   #33
bimmerchop

Thanks guys.

Mark, I usually eat the tuna plain, but every once in awhile I'll toss some Tabasco or pepper on it along with some lemon juice. Either that, or just slice up an onion and put it in the sandwich. I also prefer to toast the bread first.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Thanks guys.

Mark, I usually eat the tuna plain, but every once in awhile I'll toss some Tabasco or pepper on it along with some lemon juice. Either that, or just slice up an onion and put it in the sandwich. I also prefer to toast the bread first.
Only way to do it...straight out of the can
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #35
bimmerchop

I get made fun of all the time by gf whenever she sees me eat tuna str8 out of the can, I just retaliate by burping some tuna breath in her face

euro.techniks

Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #36
iLLM3

My Ride: Boosted M3 + G35
Send a message via AIM to iLLM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan e36 View Post
I'm surprise you're not a personal trainer cause you have it down to a science.
Exactly.. Knowledge is key, i have said it over and over on forums, friends and so on.. I was able to have gains in the past 6 months in every aspect from just reading and reading, trial and error..

Me at 246 (from 356lbs), dont mind the hair lol its cut! Now im 240-242 and much more defined.. Pics suck, but my forearms are striated with veins, vein pops out of bicep when i flex it too. KEEP IT UP GUYS AND KEEP SHARING, that's what gives people great hope and motivation! Rich you look nuts, i have a way to go to being that ripped

RUF R-GT2
07 E60 M5
01 996TT RWD/Stage 2+ turbo SOLD!!
03 G35 Nismo Daily
02 500+ HP SC M3 SOLD

www.e46psi.com
iLLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #37
bimmerchop

Damn dude, your back is massive

euro.techniks

Old 07-04-2007, 01:40 AM   #38
Ward

My Ride: 2011 335is coupe
Looking good bro. Have you ever cut and bulked at the same time?

All my past years I have tried to do it and thought I was successful but I was wrong.

I would be extremely happy if I liked being 204 at 6 3 right now but I want more size and want to retain my low bf % so it's so hard finding the right intake of clean food to up the muscle without burning it up in the process of trying to build. Keep up the good work man. Great definition ... glad to see someone else is out there is making the sacrifices and eating clean for results. My friends never truly understand why I eat tuna out of the can and why I am so adamant about sticking to my strict diet.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #39
core
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 ///M3
rich can u put the times u usually eat the meals.. thanks

core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #40
iLLM3

My Ride: Boosted M3 + G35
Send a message via AIM to iLLM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Looking good bro. Have you ever cut and bulked at the same time?

All my past years I have tried to do it and thought I was successful but I was wrong.

I would be extremely happy if I liked being 204 at 6 3 right now but I want more size and want to retain my low bf % so it's so hard finding the right intake of clean food to up the muscle without burning it up in the process of trying to build. Keep up the good work man. Great definition ... glad to see someone else is out there is making the sacrifices and eating clean for results. My friends never truly understand why I eat tuna out of the can and why I am so adamant about sticking to my strict diet.
I would say that is what i just went through.. Put on massive size with added definition, meanwhile i dropped 30 lbs and tons and tons of bodyfat.. What would you like to know? I eat like I am cutting, just much more throughout the day of what im eating.. Then just lift hard and do a moderate intensity cardio for 30-45 min in morning or 30 minutes max after you lift!

RUF R-GT2
07 E60 M5
01 996TT RWD/Stage 2+ turbo SOLD!!
03 G35 Nismo Daily
02 500+ HP SC M3 SOLD

www.e46psi.com
iLLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote