E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #21
highschooler

My Ride: 2000 bmw 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330man View Post
Most competitive swimmers would sink like a rock due to such a low body fat number. Even myself as an amateur competitor can't float to save my life.
so THAT'S why i cant float!
highschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #22
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by highschooler View Post
so THAT'S why i cant float!
+1.. i aint cut..
but now that's my excuse..

thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #23
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
I love the eliptical trainers b/c of the low impact. Not the ones that are stationary, but the ones that have the ability to slope up and down. I put it on the highest ramp setting and the resistance at about 5-8 (of 20) and do 45 minutes 3-4 times a week. It gets my heartrate up quicker than anything else and maintains it at around 165-170 bpm out of my max 189 bpm for my age (31). When I get done my shirt is drenched. Feels good.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 AM   #24
2001BMW330xi

My Ride: Jeep
Send a message via AIM to 2001BMW330xi
i think it's been discussed before, but doing cardio and weight-training on the same day is not a good thing... right? Unless spread apart by 6 hours?

I think that one should find a balance between weight-training and cardio - staggering the days has worked best for me. If you try to do them in the same gym session and without the proper nutrition - you'll lose lots of desirable muscle with the undesirable fat. The scale will show a lower #, but you could theoretically increase your bf%.