E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 45 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #101
hyunman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13
My Ride: Carbon Black M3
Send a message via AIM to hyunman Send a message via MSN to hyunman
In case anyone was curious, this worked for me. But this was for my 98 V6 Accord and not my M3. Drilling a 1/2 inch hole through one of the nonfoulers was no problem at all. Just grabbed a block of wood, drilled a 18mm hole, screwed the one nonfouler into it until it wouldn't turn anymore and drilled through it nice and steady with my power drill and a 1/2 inch drill bit.

After warming up my car a bit, I put my car on ramps and got under the car with a crescent wrench. Not knowing better, I struggled for about 40 minutes trying to pry out the O2 sensor with no such luck. I then went to a local Autozone, picked up a 22mm O2 sensor rental tool kit and a can of penetrating oil. Back at home, I sprayed the penetrating oil all over the seam between the O2 sensor and my cat converter, waited about 5 minutes, grabbed the 22mm tool (not sure what it's called) and the thing worked like a dream. After resetting the CEL, the light that usually appears within the first day of driving, has not come on at all yet and it's been about 240 miles (been about 3 drive cycles).
hyunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #102
n2Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calii
Posts: 9,670
My Ride: Loves Corners
yup my SES light is still on, yes i had it cleared, it comes on after 25-50 miles, i need the software, what should i get.
n2Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #103
pish180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135
My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2Bimmer View Post
yup my SES light is still on, yes i had it cleared, it comes on after 25-50 miles, i need the software, what should i get.

Maybe you have a dirty motor... how many miles? maybe you should try some "Seafoam" first. Then clear again. See how far you get.

Software is like 300-400$. Also when you go in for inspection they are going to see on the computer that those 2 o2 banks are not monitoring. Im not sure what happens at this point. If they turn the back on... or what.
__________________
<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #104
tony325ci_51
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 1,224
My Ride: BMW 335i 2007 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pish180 View Post
e46's have 3 cat's, 2 on the headers and 1 down stream. The one down stream doesnt do too much.

My car only has that 1 cat downstream right now and it stinks really bad! The exhaust temp also went up a LOT. You will defiantly want to buy some(2) universal cats ( jegs or summitracing I've found have good prices). My stock manifold flanges were 2" on my 03 330xi... Im' not sure if all 330's are the same or not. My guess is no.
My understanding is that e46's have 2 cats (where did you get 3 from ?). There are one in each of the exhaust manifold downpipes of which there are 2 (bank1 = cyl 1-3, bank 2 cyl = 4-6). Hence there are 4 O2/lambda sensors, 2 pre cat, 2 post cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
so you need 4 of those non-foulers for M3, since there are 2 rear 02 sensors?
You only need 2 non-foulers, for the post-cat sensors. There's no need to take the pre-cat sensors out of the gas stream before the cats as you're making no changes to the exhaust gases reaching them, indeed it may cause you to throw a code if you did as they won't get the reading they're expecting. If the kit includes both long and short it's probably for you to experiment with which to use for best result or fit on the post-cat sensors, not to put any on the pre-cat sensors.

I have stock system which throws a code occasionally, I reset it every couple of months. It can't be genuine as the car has passed an exhaust gas emission test in an annual MOT meanwhile, and it would come straight back on every time if it was. I've decided to log the frequency and circumstances when this happens so here goes:

Today, driving at a steady approx 58mph in traffic on M6, this (see attached thumbnail):
P0420 = Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) - source:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303141

Reset with scantool / ELM327. Fault code cleared, started car, warmed up until closed loop status reached, light stayed off, seemed ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error_code_p0420_2008_08_10.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	280932  
__________________

Last edited by tony325ci_51; 08-10-2008 at 06:50 PM.
tony325ci_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #105
F1004fun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 172
My Ride: '02 330Ci
I have installed a set of 3-1 headers on my 330ci and currently am without cats, tried 2 different versions of the 02 sensor foolers and both set cat efficiency faults. Even tried running the rear 02 sensors through an open channel of the unichip and clamp the voltage but still get faults for " no rich mixture detected". Anybody know any electrical engineers that would be willing to make a small circuit to fix this problem, I have some ideas but no knowledge past a simple diode.
F1004fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #106
pish180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135
My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony325ci_51 View Post
My understanding is that e46's have 2 cats (where did you get 3 from ?). There are one in each of the exhaust manifold downpipes of which there are 2 (bank1 = cyl 1-3, bank 2 cyl = 4-6). Hence there are 4 O2/lambda sensors, 2 pre cat, 2 post cat.



You only need 2 non-foulers, for the post-cat sensors. There's no need to take the pre-cat sensors out of the gas stream before the cats as you're making no changes to the exhaust gases reaching them, indeed it may cause you to throw a code if you did as they won't get the reading they're expecting. If the kit includes both long and short it's probably for you to experiment with which to use for best result or fit on the post-cat sensors, not to put any on the pre-cat sensors.

I have stock system which throws a code occasionally, I reset it every couple of months. It can't be genuine as the car has passed an exhaust gas emission test in an annual MOT meanwhile, and it would come straight back on every time if it was. I've decided to log the frequency and circumstances when this happens so here goes:

Today, driving at a steady approx 58mph in traffic on M6, this (see attached thumbnail):
P0420 = Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) - source:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303141

Reset with scantool / ELM327. Fault code cleared, started car, warmed up until closed loop status reached, light stayed off, seemed ok.

I could be mistaken... I am pretty sure the mechanics said there was another cat downstream. After looking under the car it appeared as: 1 muffler, 1 cat, 1 resonator. Like I said I could be mistaken and possibly its a mid-muffer.

Also it is 4 defoulers, 2 packages with 2 in each. And 1 set needs to be drilled out to screw the o2 all the way in.
__________________
<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #107
pish180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135
My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1004fun View Post
I have installed a set of 3-1 headers on my 330ci and currently am without cats, tried 2 different versions of the 02 sensor foolers and both set cat efficiency faults. Even tried running the rear 02 sensors through an open channel of the unichip and clamp the voltage but still get faults for " no rich mixture detected". Anybody know any electrical engineers that would be willing to make a small circuit to fix this problem, I have some ideas but no knowledge past a simple diode.
The mechanics told me when they did my headers: the computer monitors the rear o2's and expects changes in voltage. If it doesn't fluctuate then it will throw that code your talking about.

So just locking the it at a set voltage wont cut it for your BMW. Software, defoulers, or relocate the o2's behind newly installed cats. But if you relocated you cant make the wire much longer unless u go with a larger gauge wire. The resistance becomes to high and the voltage will drop too low and throw different codes.
__________________
<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

Last edited by pish180; 08-10-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: more info
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #108
F1004fun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 172
My Ride: '02 330Ci
I have done the wire extension trick on a buddies car and it worked out fine, after reading that maybe putting cats on after my header might give me a little needed backpressure I might just try that. It does kinda smell without that cats cleaning it up. Thanks for the input.
F1004fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #109
RJ's325ITS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 12
My Ride: E46 323IC_E36 Turbo
just thinking out loud

I've used the an O2 sensor simulator from eBay in my 01' F150 for over 2 years and 30K miles and no cell since day one. I might try the same 02 simulator in a 2000 323ci first, before getting the ebay headers and redoing the exhaust system with a cat-delete.

I don have to pass emissions but my wife will kill me if her check engine light is on all times.

I think I've seen HPF make some kind of box on the side of the exhaust where they have multiple O2 sensors! maybe they find the way to cheat the after-cat sensor

If some one could find out the voltage parameters where the DME thinks the cat is fully functional, we could built a simulator that sends the right signal within those parameters.... the only issue would be if these parameters are affected by the pre-cat sensors, therefore making it hard to simulate unless we input all variables....
RJ's325ITS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #110
BMWilli
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ca, Ab
Posts: 623
My Ride: 323 Ci
I'm having a hard time finding the short non fouler here. Can I use 2 long ones instead? Is there enough room to install with 2 long ones?
BMWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #111
jetskier88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USC / L.A. 4 Life
Posts: 1,279
My Ride: 330i ZHP S/C TS2+
Send a message via AIM to jetskier88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWilli View Post
I'm having a hard time finding the short non fouler here. Can I use 2 long ones instead? Is there enough room to install with 2 long ones?
lol no fuukkin way
__________________
- - JAMES - -
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
jetskier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 AM   #112
BMWilli
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ca, Ab
Posts: 623
My Ride: 323 Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier88 View Post
lol no fuukkin way

Think I could just run one? any other options?
BMWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:34 AM   #113
pacman904
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2
My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
cat problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Headers and/or Cats: Catalytic Inefficiency solved


WHO: People who upgraded to aftermarket headers without installing any catalytic converter will get a catalytic inefficiency error code. Likewise, people who install high-flow catalytic converter will get the same "inefficiency" error codes.

WHAT: Catalytic Inefficiency codes on the post cat 0xygen sensor: P0420 (cylinder 1-3) P0422 (cylinder 4-6).
Ref: http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...old-bank-1.php

WHY: The reason why your OBD-II diagnostic systems report this error code is because the 02 sensors detect an above normal exhaust reading when compare to OEM catalytic converter. The OEM catalytic converter does an excellent job at filtering/cleaning/converting exhaust fumes into cleaner air. The DME/ECU calibrates its post-cat sensors to the OEM catalytic converter performance and specs. Therefore, aftermarket cats do not clean well enough to satisfy the catalytic efficiency monitoring of the DME. This is a very common problem with aftermarket cats especially the high-flow ones.
An "inefficiency" reading does not mean that your catalytic converter is broken especially if it is brand new. Again, the error codes just means that they are not performing as efficient enough to meet OEM standards.

SOLUTION: There are three feasible options to solve this inefficiency problem
  1. Ignore.
  2. Spark Plug non-fouler (aka Spark Plug defouler)
  3. Software upgrade

-Ignore-Since the post catalytic converter oxygen sensors is purely for emission monitoring it does not in ANY way affect your fuel trim and car performance. Therefore, it is perfectly fine to ignore the check engine light.
-PRO: No time and resources wasted on fixing problem
-CON: Annoying check engine light

-Software Upgrade-Software upgrade from major tuning companies will flash your DME to remove the "catalytic efficiency" monitoring feature.
-PRO: Fast and requires no hardware/equipment modification to exhaust systems
-CON: Expensive

-Spark Plug non-fouler (aka Spark Plug defouler)-By installing the spark plug non-fouler, you are in essence moving the rear 02 sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust stream/flow. By doing so, you are tricking the 02 sensor will an inaccurate reading. Since the 02 sensors is not directly in the path of the exhaust fumes, it can not accurate measure the exhaust fumes.
-PRO- Inexpensive
-CON- None

HOW:

People aftermarket headers w/o cats


Go to Autozone and buy a pair of 18mm long and short "Spark Plug Non-Fouler."
Brand: HELP!
Part Number: 42009 (short) and 42002 (long)
Price: $3.50 for 42009 and $3.50 for 42002



Modify the short spark plug non-fouler (P/N 42009) to make the hole bigger in order for the oxygen's sensor tip to fit comfortable inside the spark plug non-fouler


Install your 02 sensors as followed:
O2 sensor, modified short fouler, long short fouler.

You are using two non-fouler to increase the distant between the exhaust fumes and the 02 sensors.



People with aftermarket headers and cats


Since you already have cats, you don't need to move the oxygen sensor out of the direct exhaust fumes as much as the people without cats.

Go to Autozone and buy a pair of 18mm long "Spark Plug Non-Fouler."
Brand: HELP!
Part Number: 42002 (long)
Prce: $3.50

.
NOTE: The package only comes with 2 non-fouler. In the picture above, there are 3non-fouler as reference only to help illustrate what a non-fouler looks like from different perspectives

Install your 02 sensors as followed:
O2 sensor, long short fouler.

NOTE: You might need to modify the long spark plug non-fouler (P/N 42002) if your 02 sensor's tip doesn't sit properly inside the spark plug non-fouler.

NOTES:
The oxygen sensor shown in picture is a pre-cat and NOT a post-cat. Only used as reference to help illustrate installing the non-fouler into the sensor.

When installing cats, you do not need to extend your o2 sensor. Simply re-wire the 02 sensor wire harness inside the engine comparment. This will give you an additional 3-4 feet of wire.


I hope this helps. Post your questions here if you have any. I am willing to help any fanatics with this modifications via online or in person for free.
I have bad cats and I was wondering if this would work for me. I have 86k miles so I cant do the warranty replacement. I just need to pass emissions. I had it tested already but only failed because of the engine check light.
If anyone has some oem headers I am interested
pacman904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #114
dpgrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 1,282
My Ride: 2005 330xi
this will work for you. ^^^
__________________
'05 330xi - Koni, H&R, Rogue, Supersprint, UUC, Dinan, Apex
dpgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #115
n2Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calii
Posts: 9,670
My Ride: Loves Corners
Quote:
Originally Posted by pish180 View Post
Maybe you have a dirty motor... how many miles? maybe you should try some "Seafoam" first. Then clear again. See how far you get.

Software is like 300-400$. Also when you go in for inspection they are going to see on the computer that those 2 o2 banks are not monitoring. Im not sure what happens at this point. If they turn the back on... or what.
my engine is clean, seafoam has been done.
n2Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #116
SWINFORD
///PIITB
 
SWINFORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Albertville, Alabama Status: Motorboating
Posts: 27,508
My Ride: Low Life Marie
Send a message via AIM to SWINFORD Send a message via MSN to SWINFORD
Ive heard this doesnt work. Can anyone confirm?
__________________
Swinford-Hypnotyzd : Dirty South-Swinny

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|
SWINFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #117
pish180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135
My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman904 View Post
I have bad cats and I was wondering if this would work for me. I have 86k miles so I cant do the warranty replacement. I just need to pass emissions. I had it tested already but only failed because of the engine check light.
If anyone has some oem headers I am interested

Generally O2 sensors go bad at around 100k miles. Maybe your's went bad sooner? Or are so dirty they are giving false readings?

The mod for me only works for like 300 miles then the CEL comes on. Then I have to get a OBDII reader from autozone and clear it. Mine would not be so bad if I didn't drill out all 4 (2 long & 2 small) to 1/2". You can always get some cats welded in and then re-locate the o2's after them. (use low guage wire though to keep the resistance down).

http://www.oxygensensors.com/catalog.php?&pkey=1411591
__________________
<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:28 AM   #118
Bimmer Dude Xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,353
My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Headers and/or Cats: Catalytic Inefficiency solved


WHO: People who upgraded to aftermarket headers without installing any catalytic converter will get a catalytic inefficiency error code. Likewise, people who install high-flow catalytic converter will get the same "inefficiency" error codes.

WHAT: Catalytic Inefficiency codes on the post cat 0xygen sensor: P0420 (cylinder 1-3) P0422 (cylinder 4-6).
Ref: http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_cod...old-bank-1.php

WHY: The reason why your OBD-II diagnostic systems report this error code is because the 02 sensors detect an above normal exhaust reading when compare to OEM catalytic converter. The OEM catalytic converter does an excellent job at filtering/cleaning/converting exhaust fumes into cleaner air. The DME/ECU calibrates its post-cat sensors to the OEM catalytic converter performance and specs. Therefore, aftermarket cats do not clean well enough to satisfy the catalytic efficiency monitoring of the DME. This is a very common problem with aftermarket cats especially the high-flow ones.
An "inefficiency" reading does not mean that your catalytic converter is broken especially if it is brand new. Again, the error codes just means that they are not performing as efficient enough to meet OEM standards.

SOLUTION: There are three feasible options to solve this inefficiency problem
  1. Ignore.
  2. Spark Plug non-fouler (aka Spark Plug defouler)
  3. Software upgrade

-Ignore-Since the post catalytic converter oxygen sensors is purely for emission monitoring it does not in ANY way affect your fuel trim and car performance. Therefore, it is perfectly fine to ignore the check engine light.
-PRO: No time and resources wasted on fixing problem
-CON: Annoying check engine light

-Software Upgrade-Software upgrade from major tuning companies will flash your DME to remove the "catalytic efficiency" monitoring feature.
-PRO: Fast and requires no hardware/equipment modification to exhaust systems
-CON: Expensive

-Spark Plug non-fouler (aka Spark Plug defouler)-By installing the spark plug non-fouler, you are in essence moving the rear 02 sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust stream/flow. By doing so, you are tricking the 02 sensor will an inaccurate reading. Since the 02 sensors is not directly in the path of the exhaust fumes, it can not accurate measure the exhaust fumes.
-PRO- Inexpensive
-CON- None

HOW:

People aftermarket headers w/o cats


Go to Autozone and buy a pair of 18mm long and short "Spark Plug Non-Fouler."
Brand: HELP!
Part Number: 42009 (short) and 42002 (long)
Price: $3.50 for 42009 and $3.50 for 42002



Modify the short spark plug non-fouler (P/N 42009) to make the hole bigger in order for the oxygen's sensor tip to fit comfortable inside the spark plug non-fouler


Install your 02 sensors as followed:
O2 sensor, modified short fouler, long short fouler.

You are using two non-fouler to increase the distant between the exhaust fumes and the 02 sensors.



People with aftermarket headers and cats


Since you already have cats, you don't need to move the oxygen sensor out of the direct exhaust fumes as much as the people without cats.

Go to Autozone and buy a pair of 18mm long "Spark Plug Non-Fouler."
Brand: HELP!
Part Number: 42002 (long)
Prce: $3.50

.
NOTE: The package only comes with 2 non-fouler. In the picture above, there are 3non-fouler as reference only to help illustrate what a non-fouler looks like from different perspectives

Install your 02 sensors as followed:
O2 sensor, long short fouler.

NOTE: You might need to modify the long spark plug non-fouler (P/N 42002) if your 02 sensor's tip doesn't sit properly inside the spark plug non-fouler.

NOTES:
The oxygen sensor shown in picture is a pre-cat and NOT a post-cat. Only used as reference to help illustrate installing the non-fouler into the sensor.

When installing cats, you do not need to extend your o2 sensor. Simply re-wire the 02 sensor wire harness inside the engine comparment. This will give you an additional 3-4 feet of wire.


I hope this helps. Post your questions here if you have any. I am willing to help any fanatics with this modifications via online or in person for free.
Correct me if I'm wrong, so with these spark plugs defouler, the O2 sensor will be reading pure oxygen and no the exhaust fumes?
I plan on going with headers and no cats.
__________________

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #119
Bimmer Dude Xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,353
My Ride: 03 325XI 07 ZX-6R
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer Dude Xi
Or where can I get the software done to remove post cat efficiency?
__________________

|Dinan High Flow Air Box|Eibach Pro Kit|Koni Sport|UUC Strut Barbarian|UUC TSE3|UUC Underdrive Pulleys|18" VMR V710|

|BMC Race Air Filter|CRG Spectrum Levers| Galfer Steel Braided Brake Lines|Volar Motorsport Spiked Frame & Bar-end Sliders|
Bimmer Dude Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #120
pish180
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 135
My Ride: 02' M3
Send a message via AIM to pish180
no they will still be getting a reading just not a strong one. and the light will eventually come on. As most of us have stated in earlier pages. It varies on differ cars, but 1 or 2 tanks of gas is an average i'd say and then the CEL comes back on. -- with defoulers.

best suggestion is the software imo, then for emmisions just get some high flows installed, and run some emissions stuff in ur gas.
__________________
<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->

<-----:::::::::===================== =======================:::::::::----->
pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use