E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Carbon Project Belgium

982K views 2K replies 456 participants last post by  robolop 
#1 ·
Friend of mine is very handy with Carbon Fibre.
Don't know him too well, but what i've seen, he's amazing with CF...

now that he bought an E46 Coupé, I'd like to share it with you guys.

pic of the car:

See less See more
#723 ·
I've bent 16 massive kopper tubes to connect the focal crossovers.

Then i made the screws shorter so that it all looks better.

The holes in the aluminium are equiped with LED holders. Now i have a good isolation between the the kopper and the aluminium.

at the end of every kopper tube i'm going to fasten some speakercable.

#727 ·
Time is the last thing on my mind.
It's impossible for me to put an "end date" on the project.
Let's just say that i wont be retiring in the next few years to come...
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

How the hell do you come up with al this stuff. As always a awesome update. Keep them coming. :bow:
THX DUDE's.
:bow::bow::bow:

#728 ·
The aluminium part which will become the frontcover of the crossovertay has been chromed .

The aluminium parts which need to guide the kopper and the piece inbetween the carbon will also get chromed.
This will make it easier for me to keep everything clean in the future.
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

#729 ·
These alumium plates are made to be mounted on the side of the crossovertray.
The previous ones have been removed because they didn't completely fit the rest of the design.

De aluminium parts on the side of the crossovertray have been replaced so the they have the same look.
Attention to detail...

I've used the old router.

Afterwards it all got polished.

#735 ·
This is the complete set up, you can see that everything worked out pretty good.
It's not easy perfectly line up the 16 tubes, and the fact that the connectionpoints on the cross-over aren't even in a straight angle doens't make it easier.

The kopper connectors have been sanded and clearcoated

The aluminium parts which need to guide the kopper and the piece inbetween the carbon will also get chromed.
This will make it easier for me to keep everything clean in the future.

#749 ·
excellent work, it's fantastic to see a thread like this when the work is so well thought out and then put into practice. i've just sat and read through all 38 pages and couldn't believe it when i got to the end only to find its not finished. i'm sure it'll be an absolute piece of art once complete and you should be very proud of what all your hard work and patience will have achieved. i'm not too bad at the old diy stuff myself but i've got to take my hat off to you. well done.

#756 ·
the install is still in its construction phase:thanks::thanks:

I sent you a PM.

i'm still figuring out what the best buy would be:):)

Unfvckingbelievable! The sorry part about this is that so much effort went into parts that you can't even see...

Well done robolop! Cool skills!
thats true, i like to have it that way:bow::bow:

WOW, What an amazing project!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the endresult....

THX DUDE :thanks::thanks::thanks:

you need to have a computer at each show so the judges can look through all the progress and see the work dont and to what extent the quality is and that you did all the work....that is, if you are going to be showing
Dan had ik totaal iets anders gemaakt. Dit is gewoon voor mezelf.

Your work is truly amazing.:bow::bow::bow:
Cant wait to see with what you come up next. Although you didn't now in the beginning where to put the filters or what to do with them, they now came out as one of the eyecatchers of the build.
RESPECT

i still have so much to do, don't know what the next step will be
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.