E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #521
robolop

My Ride: 323ci
Can sombody explane to me step by step how to remove the crome trim of my coupé.
I wnat to replace it with somthing totaly .difrent ........

I lookt for it but haven't found any thing.....

robolop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #522
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
I just read through this thread and it took me almost an hour. I can only imagine the amount of time it took to get to this point. You are truly a fabrication genius. I only hope other people can appreciate your level of skill and attention to detail. I love every part you have fabricated and I only wish that I could find someone as dedicated as you to work on my car. Good luck on the rest of the project. I'm sure you will be the center of many magazine articles and the winner of many trophies. I am definitely subscribed!
THX DUDE

you read fast

Last edited by robolop; 07-17-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #523
robolop

Future plans? Having the roof of my car painted black.
The chrome around the windows will be black .I'm going to try to build this in carbonfibre.
and the windows will also get tinted black.

Last edited by robolop; 07-21-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #524
hennep E46

My Ride: BMW e46 318i 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by robolop View Post
Future plans? Having the roof of my car painted black.
The chrome around the windows will be black .I'm going to try to build this in carbonfibre.
and the windows will also get tinted black.
Nice, Black roof on a silver car looks so sexy. I'm thinking of doing it as well. I hope you succeed building those trims in CF, that would look F#cking awesome. Keep us updated.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 AM   #525
win-by-miles
It really was a Rocky story

My Ride: Refer to sig
hey dude, i love your work and i've been following it from day one.

quick question tho. how did you secure the break thing around the rotor? or is it behind the rotor?
win-by-miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #526
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
I dont know how I havent seen this thread (aside from me being gone)...but now that I have read everything and seen all the pics all I can say is that I am absolutely stunned by the work, thought process, and follow-through with everything you have done.

I am humbled and can do nothing but give you praise. Your work is truly inspirational. I feel fortunate for even being able to see your workings. I have nothing but respect.

I'll have to look into some of these tools and maybe have a go at some of this.

Just out of curiosity, how long have your been dealing with these kinds of materials/tools?

Keep up the great work. I am going to subscribe to this so I do not miss any more.

Simply...it comes down to this little e-moticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #527
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by win-by-miles View Post
hey dude, i love your work and i've been following it from day one.

quick question tho. how did you secure the break thing around the rotor? or is it behind the rotor?

i've posted AROUND 50 pics with explaination. if you don't understand is after all that info, you probably didn't read it good enough.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #528
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post
I dont know how I havent seen this thread (aside from me being gone)...but now that I have read everything and seen all the pics all I can say is that I am absolutely stunned by the work, thought process, and follow-through with everything you have done.

I am humbled and can do nothing but give you praise. Your work is truly inspirational. I feel fortunate for even being able to see your workings. I have nothing but respect.

I'll have to look into some of these tools and maybe have a go at some of this.

Just out of curiosity, how long have your been dealing with these kinds of materials/tools?

Keep up the great work. I am going to subscribe to this so I do not miss any more.

Simply...it comes down to this little e-moticon

THX DUDE

Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #529
OptimusPrime

My Ride: Black-on-Black 04ci
very nice... keep it up...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #530
Icaro

My Ride: BMW E46 PACKMII
Fantastic , you are a Carbon Fanatic like me

/// ITīS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT ITīS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE ///
Icaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #531
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
i went through all 27 threads so far and i was upmostly impressed with the worksmanship and the creativity but i was not impressed with faux-carbon fiber look (fiberglass + carbon layers)...
if everything was to be pre-preg dry carbon that would have been
i think if the car were to be mine i'd have all the body panels layered with carbon and go for the full carbon look
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #532
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
i went through all 27 threads so far and i was upmostly impressed with the worksmanship and the creativity but i was not impressed with faux-carbon fiber look (fiberglass + carbon layers)...
i think if the car were to be mine i'd have all the body panels layered with carbon and go for the full carbon look

Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 AM   #533
robolop

Quote:

I find this a weird reply. I can understand that you're not impressed by my carbon parts, but i find them more than good enough.
You also referred to the fact that everything would look better if it was pure carbon instead of poly with a layer of carbon fibre on top. But, can you explain me the difference in look??? As said a million times before: I'm not doing it for the weight, but for the look.

Than you end with: if it was my car i'dd made everything out of carbon... I don't know what it is that you do in your daily life, but you surely talk like a pro!
It could be possible that you're a carbon artist, but i think you're just bluffing.
So there's only one way to prove that you're right: show us what you've already made out of carbon fibre etc.
I hope that, when you reply, it will be with a lot of pictures so that i can apologise and respect your work.

GO 4 IT!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 AM   #534
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
very nice... keep it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packm2 View Post
Fantastic , you are a Carbon Fanatic like me

THX DUDE's
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #535
The Chosen One

My Ride: E46
Robolop, you should open a topic of all your other projects

ps: ik wil eens langskomen, maar tijd ontbreekt me man.
ik doeje PM op TB

greetz
Old 08-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #536
Yellowmann
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?

My Ride: AA SC Y2K 323i
Send a message via AIM to Yellowmann
Wow, amazing creativity and skills... congrats on your accomplishments.

Charlie

PS. My cousin from Belgium was just here in USA to visit so one day I will be over to check both of your ride out in person

Once A Yellowmann, Always A Yellowmann ...One Who Is Wise - Always Learn From Other People's Mistakes ...One Who Thinks That They Can Never Be Successful - Will Never Be Successful ...First You Don't Succeed - Try, Try Again ...

Last edited by Yellowmann; 08-13-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Yellowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #537
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by robolop View Post
I find this a weird reply. I can understand that you're not impressed by my carbon parts, but i find them more than good enough.
You also referred to the fact that everything would look better if it was pure carbon instead of poly with a layer of carbon fibre on top. But, can you explain me the difference in look??? As said a million times before: I'm not doing it for the weight, but for the look.

Than you end with: if it was my car i'dd made everything out of carbon... I don't know what it is that you do in your daily life, but you surely talk like a pro!
It could be possible that you're a carbon artist, but i think you're just bluffing.
So there's only one way to prove that you're right: show us what you've already made out of carbon fibre etc.
I hope that, when you reply, it will be with a lot of pictures so that i can apologise and respect your work.

GO 4 IT!

i was thinking if you do entire car in carbon ...

it would look like ..

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=3716

^ how beautiful is that full dry carbon car *drool*

and regarding to pre-preg dry carbon parts... i have always been a function > aesthetics person so
Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #538
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is insane!!!!
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:35 AM   #539
VillanovaGrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is insane!!!!
well if you think about it ... most the new exotics are made of dry carbon they are just painted imagine ordering an unpainted enzo or something
Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #540
robolop

Quote:

i was thinking if you do entire car in carbon ...

it would look like ..

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=3716

^ how beautiful is that full dry carbon car *drool*

and regarding to pre-preg dry carbon parts... i have always been a function > aesthetics person so
You can be into aesthetics as much as you want, but you still didn't show me pictures of stuff you made in carbon fibre.
A link to some weird Japanese company which sells at outrageous prices isn't what I was asking you for
For me you're just bluff, someone who comes and tells stories like he knows everything better, but that's about it