E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #1281
1.8XLi

My Ride: 06 accord
Congrats!!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #1282
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Just read 64 pages , im nauseous and amazed.

I love this thread
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #1283
bmwhouse1

My Ride: e46 CSL

can give my car for experiments

now Alpine White 3 CSL
bmwhouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #1284
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
awesome mate simply awesome, however what you are lacking is a page where all the finished "after" photos lie in one place! atm they are all over the place and with 65 pages, its hard to backtrack to everything!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #1285
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Amazing, simply amazing. I am in awe with this thread, for about the 50th time!
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #1286
kami9a

My Ride: 2000 323i manual
ok, so its now 12:30am... and i have spent the last 3 hours drooling over this thread!!! your work is immaculate and your attention to detail is out of this world! your car looks great, and i cant get over how you can do every thing yourself! i checked that sight that explained how to work with CF and it was down, i was wondering if you could do a little DIY on just carbon rapping some thing, i would love to learn and i know you love carbon just as much as i do!! you use it in everything and i buy it on everything so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction so i can start covering my household furnishings, phone, TV frame, my toilet seat, and maybe just wrap the hole car in it.... oooh a carbon bedframe!!! ok maybe I'll just start with emblems like yours and old wooden box...
again i cant begin to thank you for all the posts! the pictures! this encourages us all to get our hands dirty and learn something new!
you are a true renaissance man!!!!
keep it coming!
kami9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #1287
jstrat85

My Ride: mercedes,porsche,bmw
you did a sick job!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #1288
320ci B.S.

My Ride: BMW 320ci executive
woooohw it's sick!!!
the attention to detail, verry nice

and not far away

Holland
BMW 320ci executive
320ci B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #1289
robolop

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmx View Post
your car looks soo good! that rear diffuser is pure sex
Quote:
Originally Posted by h82lose View Post
amazing job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
Congrats!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir4t View Post
Just read 64 pages , im nauseous and amazed.

I love this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Amazing, simply amazing. I am in awe with this thread, for about the 50th time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrat85 View Post
you did a sick job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320ci B.S. View Post
woooohw it's sick!!!
the attention to detail, verry nice

and not far away

THX DUDE's

Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #1290
ChrisMT79
Here

My Ride: Audi R8/BMW X6
Great work! I just dont know how you could drive it after putting all that work into it lol..
ChrisMT79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #1291
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
awesome mate simply awesome, however what you are lacking is a page where all the finished "after" photos lie in one place! atm they are all over the place and with 65 pages, its hard to backtrack to everything!
I donít think itís so hard to find something thatís already finished. You just need to take your time to go over everything.
Go for it dude
Old 05-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #1292
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kami9a View Post
ok, so its now 12:30am... and i have spent the last 3 hours drooling over this thread!!! your work is immaculate and your attention to detail is out of this world! your car looks great, and i cant get over how you can do every thing yourself! i checked that sight that explained how to work with CF and it was down, i was wondering if you could do a little DIY on just carbon rapping some thing, i would love to learn and i know you love carbon just as much as i do!! you use it in everything and i buy it on everything so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction so i can start covering my household furnishings, phone, TV frame, my toilet seat, and maybe just wrap the hole car in it.... oooh a carbon bedframe!!! ok maybe I'll just start with emblems like yours and old wooden box...
again i cant begin to thank you for all the posts! the pictures! this encourages us all to get our hands dirty and learn something new!
you are a true renaissance man!!!!
keep it coming!

Sure, I can put a DIY here about how to deal with carbon fibre. But since I had to experiment days, weeks, months myself, Iím not going to.
I cost me a lot of money on products who landed in the bin. I hope you can understand me a bit, thatís the only think I do not like sharing, my knowledge on CF.
About the rest, everybody may know how I make something, and Iíll try to give a detailed explanation on the asked questions.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #1293
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisalano22 View Post
Great work! I just dont know how you could drive it after putting all that work into it lol..

Once the winter is over here, I want to enjoy riding the bimmer first. Last couple of months itís just stood there and I worked on the car.
You have to drive and enjoy sometimes too
Old 05-10-2010, 04:36 AM   #1294
Walz

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robolop View Post
Sure, I can put a DIY here about how to deal with carbon fibre. But since I had to experiment days, weeks, months myself, Iím not going to.
I cost me a lot of money on products who landed in the bin. I hope you can understand me a bit, thatís the only think I do not like sharing, my knowledge on CF.
About the rest, everybody may know how I make something, and Iíll try to give a detailed explanation on the asked questions.

Yeah, the basic process is pretty simple, but to become good at it, as with most difficult things, you have to go trough a process of trial and error.
Practice makes perfect. I guess this is what Rob tries to say here.
However, if you have a difficulty and you document it well, I'm sure Robolop will advise you how to fix it. It's to hard to write a DIY, since with every single piece you wrap, you have different problems that surface.

Great work Rob! As always!

Walz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #1295
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
what do you do for work? you need to be doing that custom work for people for lots and lots of money. (if you aren't already)

professional grade '02 nissan frontier rock crawler, and a 325 with a few add-ons.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #1296
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
I'm not personally a fan of exposed CF, billet, and other flashy mods, but I have to tip my hat to you, OP - not only is your work of the highest quality, but your attention to detail and talent, alone, deserve praise. Well done.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #1297
robolop

A few pages before, you could see I was working on the backside of the front seat. I pimped that thing with some polyester and filler.
Now the time has come to finish this offÖ
I covered that seatcover with a layer of carbon fibre. And Ďcause I really donít like big things in carbon fibre, I styled the little net on the backside Ö
I adjusted the frame onto the form of the carbon plate, and made it a bit wider.

You can also see that I painted it silver, like the rest of the moldings inside the car. So it all takes part in one total package, and I get a nice contrast between the silver and the black carbon fibre.

To screw this thing tight, I use a bit thicker hold-screws.

Another piece I made, and this will get on the top of the back-rest.

On the rear, I made a sloth, where a neon will be added. This is also the reason I painted it white.

Here a picture of how itíll look when mounted in the car.

These polyester covers I made to cover up the pedals, so I canít damage them.
These are in primer, and must get to the painter soon, also they need to be provided with some rubber.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #1298
330ciandr6

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
absolutely freaking insane. i'm gonna ship my car there so you can do the exact same to mine
Old 05-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #1299
robolop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
absolutely freaking insane. i'm gonna ship my car there so you can do the exact same to mine
NO THX DUDE
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #1300
tenandtwo

My Ride: E46 330i, E36 (RIP)
This is out of control. Amazing, man. Amazing.