E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
imDerpz

My Ride: 2002 330xi
imDerpz 330xi Progress Thread

I had been searching around for an 330xi for a while and finally found one last november. It was in great condition with only 1 owner and 58k miles on a 2002. It was TiAg with Black Interior. Although TiAg was not initially my favorite color it was grown on me a ton. The car came completely stock except for a pretty hefty window tint. (I would guess around 15-20% on the rear windows) The first thing I did to the car was replace the tires. The front tires were a different brand than the back and three of the tires had dry rot. All tires were probably around 10% tread. I bought

After replacing the tires the first "mod" I did to the car was add on some WeissLicht 120 Led Angel Eyes. I was a bit worried that you would be able to see the individual bulbs since they were LED but that did not happen at all once I installed. It took me and a friend a solid six or seven hours to get the Angel Eyes installed due to being new to wiring and trying to find a piece so we could tap into the accessories port. Here are a couple of pictures of the wiring a took a day or two ago.

Here are the first decent pictures I took of my car back in November

I liked the look of my car but really did not like the interior wheel and trim.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
imDerpz

I will post my updated interior tomorrow. Its still in progress but has come a long way. I will talk about it more in depth then but here is a sneak preview.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
You seem proud of that wiring?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 AM   #4
saschaplease

My Ride: cars and bikes
the wheel is awesome and also the rest of the interior! but what colour is the trim around the shifter?

Last edited by saschaplease; 02-06-2014 at 04:18 AM.
saschaplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 Coupe View Post
You seem proud of that wiring?
I was very nice to figure it out after quite a bit of work even though I know it's not anything special around here

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #6
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschaplease View Post
the wheel is awesome and also the rest of the interior! but what colour is the trim around the shifter?
I will post more in-depth about the interior tonight and explain why some pieces are grey

Old 02-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
Studdly_Studright

My Ride: 135i
The grey doesnt look good man, keep it all red. The steering wheel is very nice!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
E46 Coupe

My Ride: Rules1 & 2: S T F U!
Quote:
Originally Posted by imDerpz View Post
I was very nice to figure it out after quite a bit of work even though I know it's not anything special around here

WhatI meant was: you could hide the wiring a lot better
Old 02-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #9
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46 Coupe View Post
WhatI meant was: you could hide the wiring a lot better
I agree. I've been meaning go zip tie it back for a while

Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
imDerpz

Back in December I started to mess with my interior. I decided to try to suede wrap it myself. Bought some Grey MicroSuede from Joann's. A couple of pictures from the process.

I ended up only finishing six of the pieces but here was the outcome

At this point I could tell I did not really like the grey. It was way to bland and boring. The job I did around the shifter trim was pretty shitty aswell.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #11
imDerpz

I had always admired peoples interiors with Coby Wheel's so I decided to do some research about getting one. Conveniently Mike from Coby Wheel only lived 30 minutes south of me. I was able to pick up a M3 wheel for pretty cheap and bought a carbon fiber wrapped lower trim piece from ILLuSioNz X. Over two weeks I bought Wrapped Trim Pieces, Wrapped Wheel, E brake handle, and boots for shifter and e brake. Here are a couple of pictures of once it was all finished.

Installing the Wheel

I still have to deal with the door trim and trim around the shifter. I believe red wrapped around the shifter would look a little too much so believe I am going to carbon fiber wrap that in the next week or so. The door pieces I am probably going to get wrapped in the same red alcantara as the rest of the trim. I also need to purchase a new shifter because the wood grain looks horribly out of place.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
imDerpz

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschaplease View Post
The color is gray. I just explained in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
The grey doesnt look good man, keep it all red. The steering wheel is very nice!
Going to eliminate the gray very soon.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
imDerpz

Was in England for the last week and a half but got to meet up with my brother who is a fellow fanatic. He has an amazing 2003 m3 with only 30k miles on it.

Alcantara interior, CSL wheel, and Short Shifter, Graphite Trim

BBS Lm Repicas

CSL Intake
Redone Cams
Strut Brace
Rogue Status Exhaust
Of course since its european clears all the way around

Was great getting to see his car and definitely inspired me to work on mine more.

Last edited by imDerpz; 03-05-2014 at 07:21 PM.
imDerpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #14
imDerpz

I don't have a ton of money to spend on my car at the moment but I bought a couple of small things recently.

Euro Tray I think improves the overall look of the interior a lot and is nice to have because you can put your phone or what not in there while your not in the car and don't have to worry about it being seen. I also bought a piece that allows you to not have a front license plate and that should arrive Friday. This is a small thing but I think it will make the car look much better from the front. I'm aiming for in April being able to afford some vmr vb3's but have a couple of things I want to buy before then.

Last edited by imDerpz; 03-18-2014 at 09:50 AM.
imDerpz is offline   Reply With Quote