E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
initialBMW

My Ride: 330i
i had a good experience with Bimmian recently.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #22
ports

My Ride: '09 Audi A4
Send a message via AIM to ports
Well, I replied back to the supervisor that told me to go directly to ApexCone. I hope he realizes what he told me to do is wrong. Otherwise it was all via e-mail. I'll forward it on to whoever is willing to read it.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:44 PM   #23
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ports View Post

Has anyone had trouble buying parts with Bimmian?

Somehow I've drawn the short straw in this. I bought an HID upgrade kit, and a Raptor CWP kit from Bimmian in January. The Raptor kit took about a month to show up. The HID kit took about 2 weeks.
Sorry about the delay on the Raptor kit, the supplier for that is nothing but problems and we have had to discontinue carrying it for that reason

Quote:
The HID kit was missing some parts and didnt have enough plugs to wire up everything that needed to be wired.. There was no place to wire up power. That's pretty important. And yes, I did it right. 3 plugs from the bulbs, and 3 available ports on the ballast. Plug them all in, and that leave you with zero ports to plug in the power connector from the car. Not like the power connector on the car would fit the plugs on the ballast.
I am not sure what you are saying here, there shouldnt be 3 plugs from the bulbs, there should be 2 from the bulbs. There is a wire coming out of the ballast which goes into the wire (with 2 connectors) coming from the bulb.

There is another port on the ballast where you plug in the OEM plug that used to go to your old light bulb. If that does not fit, wiring adapters are avialable (and should have been shipped) to adapt it to your car.

I dont understand what might have happened to confuse this issue.

Quote:
So I return the kit in February via USPS. Bimmian says they never received it, but my tracking and customs stuff from the USPS says it was delivered. So there goes $300.
Can you please provide this information. if it says delivered, i will issue a refund for you.

Quote:

The raptor cwp kit came as a box of some parts, no instructions, or inventory list. I started to assemble the kit in May when the weather was nicer here, and what do you know. According to the instructions from e46fanatics, and google that I found, I'm missing parts. My harness didnt have enough plugs to connect up anything other than the ballasts from the light rings. There was no extra plugs to hook up the heater inverters, and the heater inverters weren't included either. And i was missing connector plugs so i had to buy some from radio shack.
There was a change mid-production on those raptors. You got the new style of ballasts with old style rings. The new style ballasts only need 2 wires not 4 to go to the ring. The new rings are the same as the old rings, but the old rings have 4 wires, 2 for a heating element, which is not used. Other than the lack of heating element new and old rings are the same.

Quote:

I get in touch with Bimmian about the missing parts and they tell me they'll ship them out.

Now pausing, I was only able to reach Bimmian on the phone once, because they never answered the phones. Almost all of this was done via e-mail.

A month later a box shows up at my house, with 1 heater inverter. Great. What do i plug it into? My power harness has no plugs for it. And having one side heated is rather worthless too. I email them again, and they tell me theyll fix it and get me the correct harness, and ballasts. Then a few days later I get an email stating itll be shipped out that day. Nothings here 5-6 weeks later.
I apologize for this, and these are the exact reasons that we have stopped dealing with this manufacturer.

Quote:

Supposedly a service manager looked into my return and said it never showed up.

So here I am 8 months later, out almost $600, and sitting around with probably $100 in parts.

What can I do to resolve this?
please PM me directly, we will discuss the halo kit, and if there are any parts you need ill just take them out of a kit we have here and send them to you to get you up and running.

Regarding the HID as mentioned, please provide your tracking number, and if it says delivered, ill process your refund.

Thanks for your patience here, i acknowledge that you have had a horrible experience, but would like to set things right with you

Thanks

Last edited by bimmian; 07-29-2007 at 08:20 PM.
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #24
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highschooler View Post
i've been seeing a lot of posts about bimmian doing this $hit. sorry about that stuff
I dont know what is happening right now. It seems like everyone with an issue is posting.

Please understand while everyones concerns are important, we ship hundreds of orders a week.

There seems like there are 4-5 threads talking about our customer service, but please understand this is a fraction of a percent.

Please give us some credit, understand we are human, and that we occasionally make mistakes. We process the vast majority of our orders without a problem.

I want to make sure that all our customers are happy so please PM me with any concerns.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #25
silvergray

My Ride: 325i
I'm also concerned. I was told last week it would only take another 1-2 weeks for my missing clear lens to arrive. I called Turner Motosports on Friday, and he said at least another month...

I'm sure you remember me. Any updates?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #26
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinj3x View Post
again, it sounds like this is SOP for bimmian lately.

i, on the other hand, have purchased from bimmian many times and they have been a model retailer for me. all questions answered in under 24 hours, fast and accurate package shipping, and friendly PR. i guess im the odd man out.

btw, these threads should be in the feedback forum, not general. dont worry, it will be there soon enough..

I appreciate you posting about your positive experience.

Please understand that you are NOT the odd man out. The vast majority of our orders are perfect, as you have experienced, but please remember

HARDLY ANYONE HAS INCENTIVE TO POST GOOD THINGS because expectations are met, but PEOPLE DO POST BAD THINGS.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that probably 75% of people with bad experiences post and less than 1% of people with good experiences post.

We are one of the largest vendors on this board so we are bound to have many complaints because we simply process more orders.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:53 PM   #27
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray View Post
I'm also concerned. I was told last week it would only take another 1-2 weeks for my missing clear lens to arrive. I called Turner Motosports on Friday, and he said at least another month...

I'm sure you remember me. Any updates?
I can offer you 4 solutions: Please let me know which you choose:

1) i will refund you for the backordered light and you can order from your dealer
2) i will refund you for the pair if you return the single light that you got
3) We can ship you the light when it comes in, and it may possibly be a month - we are getting mixed messages from Turner, but we will humbly request that you wait patiently should you choose this option.
4) i can exchange you the single light you have for a set of DEPO lights which are in stock, and refund you the difference.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #28
silvergray

Bimmian, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for the response!!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #29
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave12345 View Post
ive been trying to cancell an order with them for a week now, ive called 10+ times this week, no answer EVER

no reponse from PMs i am sending either. my orders not even showing on their site.

last time....

hi Dave: we spoke on email and i sent you your tracking number.

WE UPGRADED YOU TO EXPRESS SHIPPING ON THIS ORDER AT OUR COST due to the delay.

We had also communicated by email and you mentioned that you didnt leave messages, so we didnt know you were calling. If you call and we are on the phone, you must leave a message. We are usually on the phone all day.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 PM   #30
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialBMW View Post
i had a good experience with Bimmian recently.
THANK YOU for being part of the 1% of people who mention the GOOD things that we do.

Any other satisfied customers, please post to show other users that we DO THINGS RIGHT most of the time.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #31
silvergray

I will admit, Bimmian has been good about addressing my concerns, and they seem like the do want to figure things out. So I'm not going to slam them -- I just really want to install my clears!!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #32
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoshot View Post
wow, i'm sorry to hear about your recent situation with bimmian. it's amazing how many customers get bad service from one e46fantics.com sponsors. you would think they would be professional and courteous to bmw fanatics.

I've too had problems with bimmian where they gave me a short m3 lips spoiler. luckily for me thats only one part!!! Bimmian is so sketch that you cant get a hold of them through the phone. I pm'ed "bimmian" here on this website and they tried to offer me 10% off my next purchase. I told them to suck it and told them that I wouldnt want to buy another product from them. I took off the spoiler and threw it away.

LOL, im still bitter about my situation.
I am sorry about your situation. The problem was that you stuck it to the car before requesting the return. This makes the part un-resaleable.

I was willing to work with you to find a reasonable resolution, but as you say, you - ripped it off your car and threw it away -

So now there is nothing that i can do for you.

We offered you 10% because it was only about 1/8" too short on each side, hardly noticable to most people.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #33
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:

Has anyone had trouble buying parts with Bimmian?

Somehow I've drawn the short straw in this. I bought an HID upgrade kit, and a Raptor CWP kit from Bimmian in January. The Raptor kit took about a month to show up. The HID kit took about 2 weeks.
Sorry about the delay on the Raptor kit, the supplier for that is nothing but problems and we have had to discontinue carrying it for that reason

Quote:
The HID kit was missing some parts and didnt have enough plugs to wire up everything that needed to be wired.. There was no place to wire up power. That's pretty important. And yes, I did it right. 3 plugs from the bulbs, and 3 available ports on the ballast. Plug them all in, and that leave you with zero ports to plug in the power connector from the car. Not like the power connector on the car would fit the plugs on the ballast.
I am not sure what you are saying here, there shouldnt be 3 plugs from the bulbs, there should be 2 from the bulbs. There is a wire coming out of the ballast which goes into the wire (with 2 connectors) coming from the bulb.

There is another port on the ballast where you plug in the OEM plug that used to go to your old light bulb. If that does not fit, wiring adapters are avialable (and should have been shipped) to adapt it to your car.

I dont understand what might have happened to confuse this issue.

Quote:
So I return the kit in February via USPS. Bimmian says they never received it, but my tracking and customs stuff from the USPS says it was delivered. So there goes $300.
Can you please provide this information. if it says delivered, i will issue a refund for you.

Quote:

The raptor cwp kit came as a box of some parts, no instructions, or inventory list. I started to assemble the kit in May when the weather was nicer here, and what do you know. According to the instructions from e46fanatics, and google that I found, I'm missing parts. My harness didnt have enough plugs to connect up anything other than the ballasts from the light rings. There was no extra plugs to hook up the heater inverters, and the heater inverters weren't included either. And i was missing connector plugs so i had to buy some from radio shack.
There was a change mid-production on those raptors. You got the new style of ballasts with old style rings. The new style ballasts only need 2 wires not 4 to go to the ring. The new rings are the same as the old rings, but the old rings have 4 wires, 2 for a heating element, which is not used. Other than the lack of heating element new and old rings are the same.

Quote:

I get in touch with Bimmian about the missing parts and they tell me they'll ship them out.

Now pausing, I was only able to reach Bimmian on the phone once, because they never answered the phones. Almost all of this was done via e-mail.

A month later a box shows up at my house, with 1 heater inverter. Great. What do i plug it into? My power harness has no plugs for it. And having one side heated is rather worthless too. I email them again, and they tell me theyll fix it and get me the correct harness, and ballasts. Then a few days later I get an email stating itll be shipped out that day. Nothings here 5-6 weeks later.
I apologize for this, and these are the exact reasons that we have stopped dealing with this manufacturer.

Quote:

Supposedly a service manager looked into my return and said it never showed up.

So here I am 8 months later, out almost $600, and sitting around with probably $100 in parts.

What can I do to resolve this?
please PM me directly, we will discuss the halo kit, and if there are any parts you need ill just take them out of a kit we have here and send them to you to get you up and running.

Regarding the HID as mentioned, please provide your tracking number, and if it says delivered, ill process your refund.

Thanks for your patience here, i acknowledge that you have had a horrible experience, but would like to set things right with you

Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #34
silvergray

Bimmian, I sent you another PM. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #35
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassik40 View Post
They took forever shipping some rings i ordered, but i got them. But yea like you said like 3 weeks later. Honestly though, every email i sent them i got a reply to within a day or so.

Still though, given how good eurospec seems as well as jlevi and modbargains and ... and... and ... i wouldnt buy from them again if you get the idea.
What kind of rings were these?

If they were halos, raptor or titanium i bet, we were getting our supplier to ship those, and they were always very slow.

We are not dealing with them anymore for this reason.

I hope you will come back and give us another try. We do care about our customers, and normally have packages to your door within 1-1.5 weeks.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #36
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Well, I replied back to the supervisor that told me to go directly to ApexCone. I hope he realizes what he told me to do is wrong. Otherwise it was all via e-mail. I'll forward it on to whoever is willing to read it.
We have stopped dealing with Apexcone, and I think that they are screwing our customrs now. Not honoring their warranty or their mistakes.

PM me directly, i have a couple kits here, and ill get you the parts you need

THanks
Ian
Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #37
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Hmm, I had pretty good luck with them. Ordered LED tail lights and they came perfectly packed and shipping was quick. Guess I'm just lucky I didn't have to deal with customer care cause it sounds like it sucks.

I appreciate you posting about your positive experience.

Please understand that you are NOT the odd man out. The vast majority of our orders are perfect, as you have experienced, but please remember

HARDLY ANYONE HAS INCENTIVE TO POST GOOD THINGS because expectations are met, but PEOPLE DO POST BAD THINGS.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that probably 75% of people with bad experiences post and less than 1% of people with good experiences post.

We are one of the largest vendors on this board so we are bound to have many complaints because we simply process more orders.

I dont know what is happening right now. It seems like everyone with an issue is posting.

Please understand while everyones concerns are important, we ship hundreds of orders a week.

There seems like there are 4-5 threads talking about our customer service, but please understand this is a fraction of a percent.

Please give us some credit, understand we are human, and that we occasionally make mistakes. We process the vast majority of our orders without a problem.

I want to make sure that all our customers are happy so please PM me with any concerns.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #38
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by semich4rmedlyfe View Post
I ordered a set of lockin' lugs and it took beyond forever to get it from them. They also didn't respond to e-mails or calls.

The first two tracking numbers they gave me were ghosts too- they weren't real at all.
Please confirm that this issue is resolved.
What email address were you sending to? We have a ticket system that generates auto-replies saying that we got your email, did you get any of those?
If so, what was the ticket number? i want to find out why you didnt get the reply.

Did you leave a voice mail when you called us?
Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #39
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
I had a bit of trouble with my Bimmian order as well... part of it shipped out pretty quickly, but the more expensive item (Eagle Eyes LED tails for sedan) didn't ship out and wasn't updated on the order for over a week. I ended up e-mailing them and giving them a piece of my mind; they replied and said that they were "forwarding the order to another warehouse." I got a tracking number for the package a couple of days later and then the next day after that the tails arrived... in a box from Umnitza. *shrug*
We are sorry that your lights were delayed. We didnt mark them as backordered on the site, because our new shipment was supposed to arrive before the old shipment was depleted, but customs held the shipment, and we had to wait another week.

We are sorry for this delay.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #40
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe View Post
This is typical of how Bimmian operates, bogus tracking info, poor quality products, poor customer service and headaches are common place from my experience. I'd contact my credit card company, you might have a tough time disputing a charge this old but it's worth a shot.
Mike: i remember you. I resolved your issue years ago, to your satisfaction.