E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #1
ALPINEMSIX

My Ride: Msix
Send a message via AIM to ALPINEMSIX
1day these muscle groups 2nd day the others?

So how do u guys do it?

As far as i remember;

isnt it supposed to be chest shoulders and back one day... and then triceps, biceps the other day?

or how do u guys do it? i totally forgot
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
ininfinitum
Super Nintendo Chalmers

My Ride: 330
I usually incorporate chest and triceps together, back and biceps. I'm no expert, but I'm showing some decent results from it.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:21 AM   #3
Rayce185
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininfinitum View Post
I usually incorporate chest and triceps together, back and biceps. I'm no expert, but I'm showing some decent results from it.
same here. I then randomly add the stomach or the shoulders to any of those days too.
I'm not into excessive training anymore, but that kind of work out seems good enough to me
|

dun dun duuuunnnn
Rayce185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 AM   #4
xedk
red@8200

My Ride: S2000
yea the reason most people hit the back/bicep and chest/tricep combo is because most of the workouts for back or chest incorporate the bicep and tricep respectively as well. it doesn't mean that it won't also work out the other muscle but back/chest workouts usually compound with bicep/tricep.

just make sure you give your muscles proper rest & have a nutritious diet.
xedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
Rayce185
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpxplaya415 View Post
yea the reason most people hit the back/bicep and chest/tricep combo is because most of the workouts for back or chest incorporate the bicep and tricep respectively as well. it doesn't mean that it won't also work out the other muscle but back/chest workouts usually compound with bicep/tricep.

just make sure you give your muscles proper rest & have a nutritious diet.
I personally wouldn't do a Back/chest and bicep/tricep-workout, because on one day you are not maxing your arms, they are used as supportive muscles, as vice versa.
So on a chest/bicep day you are doing a little of back and triceps too, just like the other way around on the second day.
|

dun dun duuuunnnn
Rayce185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #6
Hedges

My Ride: C63 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ininfinitum View Post
Yea thats how i do mine also, Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's, Shoulders/Tri's, Legs/Abs/Running! I usually just follow this 4 day workout plan everyweek. I find it more usefull that every other week i have the same routine and the weeks inbetween use different machines etc.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
simplyj

My Ride: the subway
I do a different split... my days are:
Chest/Bi's
Back/Tri's
Shoulders/abs
Legs

I don't know if this is the "acceptable" way of doing the split, but I like working bi's and tri's when they are fresh and not fatigued from other exercises where they are the secondary muscle group worked.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #8
Corsa999

My Ride: 2004 325CI sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyj View Post
I do a different split... my days are:
Chest/Bi's
Back/Tri's
Shoulders/abs
Legs

I don't know if this is the "acceptable" way of doing the split, but I like working bi's and tri's when they are fresh and not fatigued from other exercises where they are the secondary muscle group worked.

This is EXACTLY the split I use. I've tried several different combinations over the years and I have found this split outline to be the best for me. I used to split Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's but for the exact same reason you mention I changed it. After doing a huge chest workout my tri's were in no condition to be actually trained...there were already completely fatigued so I'd get a mediocre, light workout with poor form. Same issue when training back; my bi's would be spent...there was no way I could get a quality bi workout in. It seems to make sense with that split (push/pull muscles on the same day) but it didn't work for me. Now the only issue I have is working chest/bi's one day and then the next day working back/tri's...my bi's usually need a day in between to rest and recoup for a quality back workout (although I do use straps). Working shoulders the day after back/tri's hasn't affected my ability to hoist dumbbells/barbell over my head...it actually makes my shoulder workout stronger.

Last edited by Corsa999; 08-03-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Corsa999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Chest, biceps, abs, running. Everyday.

SPARTAAAAAAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #10
Tavy8010

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to Tavy8010
I usually split chest/tri's and back/bi's but recently I like to hit both bi's and tri's together. My arms get a better burn and they look freakin huge when both tri's and bi's are pumped up, so you gotta like that.
Tavy8010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
There are plenty of different split routines one could try, the important thing is to balance intensity with recovery.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #12
tK715

My Ride: MUNI
Send a message via AIM to tK715
I usually do chest/tri, shoulder/bi, back, legs all in separate days...

Recently I've changed it to chest/tri, back/bi, shoulder, legs in separate days...

QUESTION: It is better to change up routines every so often for muscle confusion? Does it matter changing up routines, or is it just important to change up the workouts, intensity, weight, etc...?
tK715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #13
xedk
red@8200

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing.Ray View Post
I personally wouldn't do a Back/chest and bicep/tricep-workout, because on one day you are not maxing your arms, they are used as supportive muscles, as vice versa.
So on a chest/bicep day you are doing a little of back and triceps too, just like the other way around on the second day.
thats what i meant just worded it wrong after using the slashes so much... i meant it as in respectively to one another so it would have read back & bicep and chest & tricep for the last part
xedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
VAMZ

My Ride: ///M3
Send a message via Yahoo to VAMZ
i do

M - Back/Chest
W - Legs / abs
F - Bi/Tri/Shoulder
VAMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
DylloS