E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #41
M3bluewater

My Ride: 95 M3
Send a message via AIM to M3bluewater
find new friends.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3bluewater View Post
find new friends.
nah that's ok. I have some of the best friends imaginable so I think I'm gonna stick with them. Sorry they dont meet your live to workout mentality. There is a lot of stuff I'd miss if I were to do nothing but go to the gym and grill chicken.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #43
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SollyD View Post
nah that's ok. I have some of the best friends imaginable so I think I'm gonna stick with them. Sorry they dont meet your live to workout mentality. There is a lot of stuff I'd miss if I were to do nothing but go to the gym and grill chicken.
I really do feel bad for you man. If you can't find a way to enjoy yourself and stay healthy by not binge drinking on a weekly basis, the problem is not that fun and a healthy lifestyle are mutually exclusive.

The problem is that you are unimaginative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #44
M3bluewater

Quote:
I know thats cool I was just pushing your buttons a little... friends are extremely important when it comes to enjoying life etc. try getting your friends into the gym/nutrition lifestyle and be like "yo lets party once a month and try to get jacked in the meantime."
Old 08-25-2007, 07:35 PM   #45
Razorecko

My Ride: 97 Dwg,07 Srt,325xi
being a little older i have had my workout ups and downs and the strongest and largest i ever got when i was partying it up on weekends. I think a good fun weekend revitilizes your mentality and helps you come in on monday and just get to it. But everyone is different. Some people cant drink at all when they work out because they'll slip away from nutrition and discipline.
Razorecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #46
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
being a little older i have had my workout ups and downs and the strongest and largest i ever got when i was partying it up on weekends. I think a good fun weekend revitilizes your mentality and helps you come in on monday and just get to it. But everyone is different. Some people cant drink at all when they work out because they'll slip away from nutrition and discipline.
Most likely had something to do with the fact that you were younger when you were partying on the weekends and could still make some gains. Now that you're older, you aren't doing the things necessary to get huge.

I could say when I was younger I had the craziest gains EVER. I was sleeping like 15 hours a day and making INSANE gains in strength and size like I was on HGH. It's because I was a baby and was on natural HGH.

The entire situation must be taken into account when assessing why you're growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #47
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
damn i hate empty calories.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #48
M3bluewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Most likely had something to do with the fact that you were younger when you were partying on the weekends and could still make some gains. Now that you're older, you aren't doing the things necessary to get huge.

I could say when I was younger I had the craziest gains EVER. I was sleeping like 15 hours a day and making INSANE gains in strength and size like I was on HGH. It's because I was a baby and was on natural HGH.

The entire situation must be taken into account when assessing why you're growing.
Sleep and Squats FT HGH W !!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #49
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I really do feel bad for you man. If you can't find a way to enjoy yourself and stay healthy by not binge drinking on a weekly basis, the problem is not that fun and a healthy lifestyle are mutually exclusive.

The problem is that you are unimaginative.
dude you act like I'm some crackhead saying "I really feel bad for you man". Relax dude. Go check out my "how often do you drink thread" and you'll see my one night a week is nothing compared to a lot of people. The thing is yes, there are other things to do but they arent as fun as having parties every weekend and going out. Me and my friends have some of the funniest experiences ever everytime we go out so that's why we do what we do. I didnt want to get a pep talk here I just wanted to know how bad it really is for you. from what I see at some places I go where meat heads are drinking there asses off it makes me wonder.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #50
CShell

My Ride: Cait
Send a message via AIM to CShell
Quote:
dude you act like I'm some crackhead saying "I really feel bad for you man". Relax dude. Go check out my "how often do you drink thread" and you'll see my one night a week is nothing compared to a lot of people. The thing is yes, there are other things to do but they arent as fun as having parties every weekend and going out. Me and my friends have some of the funniest experiences ever everytime we go out so that's why we do what we do. I didnt want to get a pep talk here I just wanted to know how bad it really is for you. from what I see at some places I go where meat heads are drinking there asses off it makes me wonder.
I agree. Every once in a while, fine. Be happy, be safe, be respectful, enjoy life. Have a drink once in a while. BIg deal.
CShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #51
guest1205
Banned User

My Ride: A car
I have a glass of red wine or Grey Goose on the rocks a couple times a week and it hasn't affected my health or overall shape very much. Like someone mentioned, consider it a cheat meal. As long as you don't go overboard and have it in moderation with everything else, you'll be fine.
guest1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #52
Tavy8010

My Ride: 1999 328i
Send a message via AIM to Tavy8010
If your working out hard the rest of the week I think the good outweights the bad. Granted you may not be capitalizing on your full potential but that could be applied to so many others aspects of all our lives. There needs to be balance, even though I feel guilty after I go out (once or twice a month now, 3+ in college) I think its good (in a mental sense not physical) for me and actually remotivates me. I lift 6 days/wk and train muay thai 4 days/wk, so its a nice mix up to let my guard down and go get drunk, to put it bluntly.
Tavy8010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #53
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavy8010 View Post
If your working out hard the rest of the week I think the good outweights the bad. Granted you may not be capitalizing on your full potential but that could be applied to so many others aspects of all our lives. There needs to be balance, even though I feel guilty after I go out (once or twice a month now, 3+ in college) I think its good (in a mental sense not physical) for me and actually remotivates me. I lift 6 days/wk and train muay thai 4 days/wk, so its a nice mix up to let my guard down and go get drunk, to put it bluntly.
great post. You hit the nail on the head with how I feel.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:26 PM   #54
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
I'm in the same scene as you, my gains are average but I know if I stop drinking I would get much more gains.. but that isn't any better than going to the bars with a couple of friends and have priceless moments
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM   #55
ALPINEMSIX

My Ride: Msix
Send a message via AIM to ALPINEMSIX
if i get faded like once every 3weeks and i drink like lets say somewhere between 4-7tequila shots and a beer, u guys think that really f ucks me up as muscle gain and bulk up goes?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:02 PM   #56
VAMZ

My Ride: ///M3
Send a message via Yahoo to VAMZ
haha anything in moderation and youll be fine, obviously its not the best for you but hey what can ya do.
VAMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #57
M3bluewater

so i have to admit...

ill probably do a little drinkin' saturday

(I have to, first night back at school, its like code)
Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #58
jaewonder

My Ride: 13 Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavy8010 View Post
Exactly how I feel. I actually feel the most motivated when working out the next day after a night with many drinks.