E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Seriously Pissed Off...Solaris Bulb Melted and ruined one of my clear corners!!

OK I am SUPER PISSED!

I got a dash light earlier today indicating that my front driver's side turn signal bulb was out...I thought "No big deal, they are Solaris bulbs and they are guaranteed...I can just request a new bulb."

So I got home tonight and opened the hood and took out the corner...the damn light bulb holder wouldnt budge in the casing. I eventually wiggled it free and to my surprise, I noticed that the bulb was shattered in one part and that it had actually melted the chrome inside of the light and the threads. These are OEM housings, not depo (or other) knockoffs!!

I've found that the solaris bulbs have a lifetime guarantee and have found a way of re-ordering for free from the site I got them. However, I want the company to send me a new corner, maybe a set of them because its doing the exact same thing on the other corner housing!!

I'll have some pictures up in a few minutes, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems logical to me that a company should be responsible for effects of a product it sells that it represents to be "Guaranteed for Life" and of better than OEM quality.

Here's the problem...the damn corner is shot and I have no bulb...that pretty much means that for the moment, the car is out of comission unless I decide to drive it with no front turn signal!

I don't know what to do guys...give me some feedback. Sponsors (Jlevi, Modbargains, etc.) could you give me your view on this? I'd aprreciate the view of a company as well in this case. Don't worry Jon or Mike...I got these elsewhere...

Pics will be up shortly...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Sorry, hope theyll pay for the new set
Old 08-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
david05111

Pictures:::
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010159.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	239656   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010160.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	239657   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010162.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	239658  

Old 08-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
it's not that bad. mine was worst. and they didn't pay for my set of corners. they just sent me new bulbs. i got new corners for cheap and used their bulbs. so far it's working fine with no problems.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
it's not that bad. mine was worst. and they didn't pay for my set of corners. they just sent me new bulbs. i got new corners for cheap and used their bulbs. so far it's working fine with no problems.
Mind PMing me what company you had this experience with?