E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Surk

My Ride: C Blk E46///M3
Drivers door wont unlock with remote

Car locks when I hit key button..but drivers lock wont unlock (knob stays down) when I open. I do hear it click but button doesn't go up..pass works fine lock\unlock when I dbl click to open..

Anyone have similar prob..possible drivers door actuator?? I recently on wknd disconnected batt and discharged batt current to reset my Icelink..and all worked fine.. wonder if that's done something or maybe a bad key battery..fuse for left side central locking??
Surk is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
ArBrnSnpr

My Ride: 02 M3-04 S4-07 GTI
my passanger side does the same thing now and again
SSG. Mack
Lost but not forgotten
These Soldiers paid the ultimate sacrifice so others could live, and I had the joy of serving with them.
1st Brigade 25th Infantry Div. Scouts/Snipers

ArBrnSnpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
rabbitXstyle

My Ride: 330CI
Send a message via AIM to rabbitXstyle
yeah same here.. we need help with this...lol
rabbitXstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
Styler

My Ride: E46 SMG M3 Vert
try replacing the battery in the key

Silver Grey SMG M3 Vert, with Imola Red interior - " It's nice, I like!"
Styler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:09 AM   #5
EMPORIOO

My Ride: 330ci, 335i
for the e46 keys there is no batt, the key charges itself while your driving, i had the same problem for my e46 a couple months earlier, just take your car to the dealer they will reprogram it for free
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
mpower325

My Ride: cars
I have the same exact problem. My pass door will unlock but my drivers won't. I noise you hear is the deadlock unlocking. There is nothing wrong in the door itself. It has to do with the central locking computer.

If there was a problem within the door, the car wouldn't lock on that side either.

The only thing I don't know is if this requires a new central locking computer (general module 10) or if you can get it reprogrammed at the dealer.

I also want to find out if you can put a used module from the same model/option package car.

mpower325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
rabbitXstyle

My Ride: 330CI
Send a message via AIM to rabbitXstyle
will go to the dealer ship this week. thx guys and ill keep an update on what happends. lol
rabbitXstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
jkalex05

My Ride: fast cars
It happens to my passanger side every now and then. Sometimes I gotta lock it and unlock it again for it to pop open.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
SCRAP

My Ride: 2002 M3
I had the same exact problem, but for some reason it just went away on its own after a few days. If it hasn't been too long since the problem started, try waiting it out a bit instead of wasting time and money going to the dealer right away.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #10
vishal76

My Ride: BMW 330xi
I have the exact same problem but it only repeats itself once in a while, so I have ignored it. If the driver door doesn't unlock, I lock all doors and hit unlock. And the driver door unlocks.

Vishal
vishal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin weiß ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArBrnSnpr View Post
my passanger side does the same thing now and again
Me too

Happens once every like 50 times. Usually my gf just stands there and is like while I'm in the car already.

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
///power

My Ride: M3
I had the same problem with the drivers door, but main didn't lock the door either. The dealer told me that I need to replace the lock which is also called the door actuator. The part was $170 something and the labor was like $500 something because labo time was 5 to 7 houres on it. I just bought the part and installed it myself. It took me 2 houres and a half to install (Never installed a lock or even missed with a door in my life). It's kinda hard to install it. I didn't remove the window regulator and I was able to do it which saved me alot of time. I am happy that I saved $500 and fixed it
Here is the part number 51217011247. you can look it up in this link to tischer parts http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214672

You always save when you buy from Tischer, it's listed for $112.80. Always make sure that the part you're replacing is the right part that needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps you guys.

Peace

'06 E60 ///M5 SMG AW/Black - Sold
'02 E46 ///M3 6 Speed TiAg/Black - Sold :(
'98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue - History
///power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #13
PhantomHitman

My Ride: 02 M3
door lock actuator, my gave out today. going to dealership tomorrow to get fixed. supposedly covered under cpo warranty, I will findout tomorrow.

Here is the M3 forums thread with tons of diy info:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=177223

Or links for the lazy
Door cover removal-http://www.e46fanatics.com/how-tos/i...coupe_trim.php
actuator removal-http://www.tuningemotion.com/forum/s...ad.php?p=49481
Part numbers and blowouts
passenger-51217011250
driver-51217011247
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...54&hg=41&fg=40

Last edited by PhantomHitman; 09-10-2007 at 04:40 PM.
PhantomHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #14
PhantomHitman

My Ride: 02 M3
Ok, I get up this morning and my door is still fubured. I get to work, still messed up. Now, out of nowhere, it decided to work properly. I have to decide if I should take it to the BMW place or not. This is frustrating to say the least.
PhantomHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #15
Surk

My Ride: C Blk E46///M3
I replaced the actuator last night and it was fairly straight fwd using this DIY from my buddy Reg http://www.tuningemotion.com/forum/s...ad.php?p=49481

The star shape bolt on mine was reverse thread so removal is counter\clock...used a bungie to secure bottom window rail away from lower access hole..removed the torx bolts for actuator and easily slipped out and swapped new actuator.. You will have to remove the door keylock also to centalize the lock rod into the white plastic piece on the new actuator..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #16
cautom3

My Ride: WHITE M3
what about passenger? cuz mine doesnt periodically