E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 04:58 PM   #21
///M3-QTR

My Ride: IR M3
Congrats Robert ! have fun and drive safely
Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
I just watched the entire video! I love the HPF turbo system. Thanks for answering the questions! Chris is the best.

Mad props! I would be so stoked to be Robert right there. You guys pick him up in his car at the airport with 110 in the tank. You guys are smart. Amazing job!

I was when you said, "Please don't kill me!"

P.S. I got a little worried when he asked about having to use straight race fuel or if he could use a mixture. Oh boy...he better not mix any fuel and then flip the switch.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
I will volunteer my SMG if you need to install one for testing purposes

but I keep what goes it
That would be great......... For you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaddiction
I just watched the entire video! I love the HPF turbo system. Thanks for answering the questions! Chris is the best.

Mad props! I would be so stoked to be Robert right there. You guys pick him up in his car at the airport with 110 in the tank. You guys are smart. Amazing job!

I was when you said, "Please don't kill me!"

P.S. I got a little worried when he asked about having to use straight race fuel or if he could use a mixture. Oh boy...he better not mix any fuel and then flip the switch.
That's my favorite part of the job. The excitement and appreciation we get from our customers make all of this worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
KamPow3r
More clips of the car with the exhaust please (drive-bys, cruise, etc.)! Sounds nice!
Robert drove his car home today so no more videos on it unless he takes them. He lives about a 5 hour drive away so hopefully he makes it without getting arrested. He really likes to drive fast!

Here's a picture of some turbo's in our warehouse ready to be installed on M3s.

Take care,
Chris.

HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #24
turboaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Here's a picture of some turbo's in our warehouse ready to be installed on M3s.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Precision Turboooooooossssssaaalllllllllgggggg

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #25
ritos530i

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i 6speed
Send a message via MSN to ritos530i Send a message via Yahoo to ritos530i Send a message via Skype™ to ritos530i
Ok, The stage one two three and four and maybe five is using the same turbo.

530i E60 Custom Turbo/Nitrous (PSI_unknown)
ritos530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #26
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Any cars in Cali yet?
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
Mliner
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: Boosted ZCP E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to Mliner Send a message via Yahoo to Mliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Any cars in Cali yet?
Chris's car was in SoCal couple weeks ago...
Mliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:42 PM   #28
g0tph0

My Ride: 04 ///M3
Hey I'm out in so cal I'm down to get the SMG kit put into my car I've been waiting for it but still debating between AA and this ITS TEARING ME APART!!
plz post results soon and dynos and vids
g0tph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #29
turboaddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tph0 View Post
Hey I'm out in so cal I'm down to get the SMG kit put into my car I've been waiting for it but still debating between AA and this ITS TEARING ME APART!!
You can't decide between the AA S3 S/C setup and the HPF se4tup? Is that what you are saying? Well they are two different animals. If you want more linear power which the track guys seem to like then go S/C. If you want brutal slam you in the seat and leave black lines everywhere you go torque...then you want turbo. I prefer violent turbo.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #30
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
Damn Chris, you had that video up before I even got home!
I just wanted eveyone to know that my car drove FLAWLESSLY for my trip home. I had the cruise control set on about 80, the windows up, and the ac on. It was smooth, quiet, (unless you get on it), and well mannered. I also got a little over 21 mpg! That's my actual calculations, not what the computer said. I was bummed when I had to put pump gas in, but I had some awesome pulls on the freeway running race gas. ****, that thing does 80 to 120 in about three seconds. My fear of jail time, and the lack of open road kept me from continuing into 5th gear, but i doubt that car will let your face relax until you hit the 155 limit. Anyway, for the the people debating on whether or not they should do this to their car, it does everything they say it does. When I rode the HPF car, I new I was getting mine done even if I had to work three jobs. It is worth every penny in my opinion. It was absolutely agonizing to watch the video of my car ripping down the road the day before I picked it up. Thanks for that little bit of torture Chris! I really can't say enough about everyone at HPF, not only for the fantastic work they did on my car, but also how I was treated as a customer. You guys rule!
Evil Twin Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #31
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin Rob View Post
I just wanted eveyone to know that my car drove FLAWLESSLY for my trip home. I had the cruise control set on about 80, the windows up, and the ac on. It was smooth, quiet, (unless you get on it), and well mannered. I also got a little over 21 mpg! That's my actual calculations, not what the computer said. I was bummed when I had to put pump gas in, but I had some awesome pulls on the freeway running race gas. ****, that thing does 80 to 120 in about three seconds. My fear of jail time, and the lack of open road kept me from continuing into 5th gear, but i doubt that car will let your face relax until you hit the 155 limit. Anyway, for the the people debating on whether or not they should do this to their car, it does everything they say it does. When I rode the HPF car, I new I was getting mine done even if I had to work three jobs. It is worth every penny in my opinion. It was absolutely agonizing to watch the video of my car ripping down the road the day before I picked it up. Thanks for that little bit of torture Chris! I really can't say enough about everyone at HPF, not only for the fantastic work they did on my car, but also how I was treated as a customer. You guys rule!
I couldn't agree with you more on the last part. Dealing with them so far has been a pleasure and I have yet to deal with any company that cared more then me about my own car. David and Chris are stand up guys in my book. Can't wait to do more business with them in the future.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #32
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
Chris..for your Stage II Kit:

1. What's getting added to the Kit (ex. Methanol, etc)?
2. How much more in cost will it be for a Stg. II?
3. What numbers are you expecting on pump gas (91/93) and race gas (110/c16)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KamPow3r; 09-01-2007 at 02:14 PM.
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:55 PM   #33
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mliner View Post
Chris's car was in SoCal couple weeks ago...
Ya unfortunately i was out of town, did you get to race him?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
///JTM3

My Ride: 2005 IB ZCP M3
Send a message via AIM to ///JTM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Ya unfortunately i was out of town, did you get to race him?
Sev retired from racing...
Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #35
Cruzer03

My Ride: 03.5 M3 JB/IR 11.5M3
Quote:
155 MPH limit
Cruzer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #36
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///JTM3 View Post
Sad, but true
Old 09-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #37
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///JTM3 View Post
Why would he do that, didn't he get a prototype supercharger to get faster?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #38
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Thanks Robert. We appreciate you. I'm glad you made it home without a ticket. I look forward to hearing the kill stories. Did you get a chance to race that Mustang yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamPow3r
Chris..for your Stage II Kit:

1. What's getting added to the Kit (ex. Methanol, etc)?
2. How much more in cost will it be for a Stg. II?
3. What numbers are you expecting on pump gas (91/93) and race gas (110/c16)?

Thanks in advance!
The stage 2 kit is a plug-n-play methanol injection system. Because the compression of the stock motor is so high, the benefits of methanol will be slightly less, but we'd still like to see 500rwhp on 91 octane pump gas when methanol is in the tank. The price of this system will be $2500, and it will become active only when you need it. One gallon of methanol will last the everyday driver quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickbimmer
I couldn't agree with you more on the last part. Dealing with them so far has been a pleasure and I have yet to deal with any company that cared more then me about my own car. David and Chris are stand up guys in my book. Can't wait to do more business with them in the future.
Thanks Fabio. You will be the first to have the "polished" HPF turbo intake manifold, piping and intercooler. I look forward to seeing you win some shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tph0
Will do. The SMG car will get the turbo kit installed this week and we will finalize the tuning near the tail end. Barring any unforeseen issues, I would like to have Alvin's SMG done and picked up by the customer in 2 weeks. I will definitely post up vids of his M3 at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritos530i
Ok, The stage one two three and four and maybe five is using the same turbo.
The Precision T67 turbo's we're using will be for those running stages 1 and 2. A larger turbo will be used in stage 3.

Take care,
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #39
turboaddiction

Quote:
Excellent write-up! I am so glad that you are happy with the system. Your write-up states perfectly how a happy customer expresses his piece of mind when dealing with such top notch service.

DO ME A FAVOR:

Please post the video, dyno and this paragraph in a new thread on m3forums. This video and your reaction are exactly what they need to see and hear over there. You just can't fight it. When dealing with a speed shop that is exactly how I would want to be treated and everyone else does too. I wish they did a turbo kit for the e36 so I didn't have to waste over a year messing around with trying to get a custom system to work.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #40
HPF Kyle
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: RS
Quote:
Good to hear you made it safe! That car is a beast. Hope to see some sweet videos of kills soon.

-Kyle
HPF Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote