E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
MeRon

My Ride: 325Ci
Why so cheap? (LED taillights)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=270161831739

MeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
DesertMotorWorks
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2004 330CI
Never can tell, really. Feedback seems good, with the main issues dealing with shipping times / delivery.

Look up one of the buyers who bought the lights and ask them for some feedback.
DesertMotorWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
smokedOUTbimmer

My Ride: is 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to smokedOUTbimmer
Umm... does that say shipping cost is $45.95 within the US? Thats outrageous for corner lights.
smokedOUTbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
You can really score some deals on ebay if you are careful. That's the issue, you can never be sure what you are buying or if you will have the vendor support if there is an issue. With that said, if you trust the seller and ask the right questions, you might be able to save a bit of cash.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
LeftCoastBias

My Ride: alpine white hotness
the birds in my window have informed me that you will probably be able to score the same deals from legit vendors in the near future.

LeftCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
ArBrnSnpr

My Ride: 02 M3-04 S4-07 GTI
Or they could be cheap because they illuminate pink like in the picture???
SSG. Mack
Lost but not forgotten
These Soldiers paid the ultimate sacrifice so others could live, and I had the joy of serving with them.
1st Brigade 25th Infantry Div. Scouts/Snipers

ArBrnSnpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:13 AM   #7
EMPORIOO

My Ride: 330ci, 335i
seems like a deal keep contacting the seller see if he answers back
Old 09-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #8
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
if u want to die buy from Jlevi or umnitza or these ebay ones - if you want to live get the OEM LEDS

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Maka08

My Ride: 325I
how is it 99-03. isnt it 99-01 and 01 -05.
Maka08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #10
Poorboyz

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
if u want to die buy from Jlevi or umnitza or these ebay ones - if you want to live get the OEM LEDS

Are you saying JLevis products are bad quality? I have never bought anything from him but have heard many good things about him. Anyone else feel this way about Jlevi?
Poorboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Arrows

My Ride: 2000 323i.
Send a message via AIM to Arrows Send a message via MSN to Arrows
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyz View Post
Are you saying JLevis products are bad quality? I have never bought anything from him but have heard many good things about him. Anyone else feel this way about Jlevi?
Never had any major problems with them. I have LED tails, the same ones that Jlevi and most other vendors carry and I have yet to have a single issue yet! Most of our forum sponsors are great.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #12
///A

My Ride: e92 335is JB4
Actually,the LED tails on eBay is exactly what most of our vendors here selll; the Eagle Eye LED Taillight. If you're never sure you can always leave a question for the seller. I personally asked a few questions for one popular eBay seller. He answered that the tails were from Eagle Eye, DOT approved, and did not have a bulb out warning problem. <-- That's what a majority of our vendors here sell.

- Retired -
///A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
LeftCoastBias

i have eagle eyes LED's. my car was used for almost all of the company's test fittings and research to eliminate the LCM fail alerts.

i've had no issues with mine at all. and chances are i've had them longer than anyone in the US due because my car was used for testing as early as summer of 2005.

i think what born again may be thinking of was the case where some dude's LED's ignited due to a short in the wiring and burned down his car and half his house.

from what i know (which is secondary info) of that particular case, he was using non DOT approved european spec LED's that had been retrofitted to work in US spec wiring.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #14
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyz View Post
do a search and some of these depot lights came out as failures - something like car brake lights is not one to mess around with in terms of quality and reliability.

just do a search - maybe they perfected them - but really - its a danger if you even have a handful of failures. not knocking their other products.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #15
Raine

My Ride: e39
Do the ebay taillights trigger the bulb out warning?
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
I would be interested to see your evidence, to date we have not had one single failure.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #17
LeftCoastBias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I would be interested to see your evidence, to date we have not had one single failure.
born again's don't require evidence... they make their decisions based on FAITH.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #18
BimmItUp

My Ride: 01' 330i
Quote:
^^

JLevi
Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #19
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeRon View Post
Why so cheap?
Because these copies don't cost much from china. Also the price is lower because he makes up for it in some padded shipping costs. Although the copy they make may look similar on the outside, it's nothing like OEM on the internal circuit board and LEDs. Search Mite46 for when he took them apart and found what crap they are. But for most this doesn't matter, so just ask the right questions and hope they're good.

For the sedan people they don't have the option of quality OEM. But for coupe owners it's a no brainer. Maybe that's why you'll see the fake LED tails for sale used here on the forum because someone is now buying OEM. You never see it the other way around. Wonder why?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #20
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
$89 for shipping $143 for product cost and you have $239.
Our price for forum members is $257 - for probably the same product.

With that $18 you get peace of mind and even a free goodie if you put your name in the comments section as a forum member.