E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #1
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
NSFW: At least 11 officers shot, 3 dead after attack at Dallas protest

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dalla...test/266881573

Quote:
DALLAS -- Dallas Police Chief David Brown has confirmed at least 11 police officers were shot and at least three were killed in an attack by two snipers in downtown Dallas at a protest of officer-involved shootings across the country on Thursday night.

Brown said in a news conference at around 11 p.m. they currently have a suspect cornered in the parking garage of El Centro College in downtown Dallas and are negotiating with him to surrender.

Brown initially said 10 officers were shot, but a short time later said an 11th officer had been shot in an exchange of gunfire with one of the suspects.
cray cray

Last edited by BreakfastBurrito; 07-07-2016 at 11:14 PM.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 PM   #2
BreakfastBurrito

4 cops dead.

Could be a terrorist attack, but i doubt it. This is gonna suck for legal gun owners, they're going to try to pass more crazy useless laws.

Last edited by BreakfastBurrito; 07-07-2016 at 11:24 PM.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:25 AM   #3
BreakfastBurrito

heads up, this video is very fkd up.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:30 AM   #4
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
This is so messed up but i am not surprised. It was bound to happen. Prepare for crazy laws to be passed. Against all of us.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #5
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)

Some seriously ****ed up **** on so many levels.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #6
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm not worried about more gun laws coming out of this.

What I am is furious. What I' assuming is that this is a violent BLM-related reaction to the recent shootings, not some ISIS guys. These BLM maniacs need to be challenged and leadership has to come from the top. Obama needs to stop his horsesh1t and get on TV and decry all of this. He needs to lay into BLM so hard they'll think he's the KKK.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada

Last edited by david05111; 07-08-2016 at 12:55 AM.
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:37 AM   #7
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Well get ready for more gun laws, they are already stating the rifles used were AR-15s with high capacity mags. I'm not just talking about California either.

As for this crime, its a home grown terrorist act. I'm not the prepper type, but I went over my go-bag first time in years.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #8
Astheros

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post

What I am is furious. What I' assuming is that this is a violent BLM-related reaction to the recent shootings, not some ISIS guys. These BLM maniacs need to be challenged and leadership has to come from the top. Obama needs to stop his horsesh1t and get on TV and decry all of this. He needs to lay into BLM so hard they'll think he's the KKK.

Maybe it is them maybe its just a crazy guy who just lost it. I guess you can label anyone who supports their big picture a BLM member.

Lets not forget why this is happening though. This is the tragic result of a series of actions. I dont condone it at all. Its horrible. But i hope people can realize why this is happening. Constantly seeing guilty officers go free i guess will eventually cause some crazy guy to snap. Or maybe it was JUST a crazy guy who saw a perfect opportunity.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 AM   #9
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Hearing the shots echo through the city is pretty eerie https://streamable.com/ba25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 328I View Post
Well get ready for more gun laws, they are already stating the rifles used were AR-15s with high capacity mags. I'm not just talking about California either.

As for this crime, its a home grown terrorist act. I'm not the prepper type, but I went over my go-bag first time in years.
It's hard to make illegal what isn't a gun
https://www.80-lower.com/

flickher

Want something 3D printed? PM me

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 07-08-2016 at 06:25 AM.
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 AM   #10
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Hold on why is no one immediately blaming the victims? I heard all those cops were racist anyway. Plus they were all carrying guns...
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #11
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubica View Post
Hold on why is no one immediately blaming the victims? I heard all those cops were racist anyway. Plus they were all carrying guns...
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #12
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:

This. If cops are criminals then these people also need to be held accountable for their actions. Last time I checked, rioting and looting and destruction of property was all just as illegal as shooting someone. Yet they get away with it all the time. The media fuels this whole thing because they get tons of views by labeling cops as killers and these idiots as innocent victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post
Maybe it is them maybe its just a crazy guy who just lost it. I guess you can label anyone who supports their big picture a BLM member.

Lets not forget why this is happening though. This is the tragic result of a series of actions. I dont condone it at all. Its horrible. But i hope people can realize why this is happening. Constantly seeing guilty officers go free i guess will eventually cause some crazy guy to snap. Or maybe it was JUST a crazy guy who saw a perfect opportunity.
See here's the thing. They were not guilty people that went free. They were not guilty as judged by a jury of their peers. This is how our legal system works.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #14
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Police chief says suspect wanted to kill white cops

Herbert Camacho '16

"Every age has its peculiar folly: Some scheme, project, or fantasy into which it plunges, spurred on by the love of gain, the necessity of excitement, or the force of imitation." - Charles Mackay Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841)
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #15
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
Quote:

LOL shut up

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #16
2000_328CI

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
See here's the thing. They were not guilty people that went free. They were not guilty as judged by a jury of their peers. This is how our legal system works.
In which case was an officer unjustly sentenced based on the determination of a jury? In EVERY one of these nationally covered cases, the evidence was overwhelmingly in favor of the officers. Brown, Martin, Grey... in each of those, there was virtually NOTHING with which to prosecute (I would say Zimmerman was the least black and white).

What we FORGET in this country is that these "killer cops" are given fair trials by impartial juries which make these determinations. In cases where the evidence has been overwhelmingly AGAINST the cop, they have been found guilty and punished for their crimes.

We need to get rid of this whole notion that ALL COPS ARE GUILTY and stop pandering it around the media to appease simple minded fools.

| 435 HP 328Ci | Mechanical Work : RRT Racing | Vinyl Work : Designer Wraps | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #17
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Fine citizens of Dallas celebrating

https://twitter.com/regated/status/751318719154909184

wow, Google weighs in

https://twitter.com/google/status/751174648855928834
Quote:

Google***61490; Verified account ***61593;
***8207;@google
#AltonSterling and #PhilandoCastile's lives mattered. Black lives matter. We need racial justice now.

Herbert Camacho '16

"Every age has its peculiar folly: Some scheme, project, or fantasy into which it plunges, spurred on by the love of gain, the necessity of excitement, or the force of imitation." - Charles Mackay Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841)

Last edited by Act of God; 07-08-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #18
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
So wait, in this case racism is ok?

These guys are starting a war that I'm not sure they'll be able to win. Doing it peacefully and respectfully is going to go further than partying and throwing up gang signs because cops were killed.

They want change? Run for office and do it.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #19
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
So wait, in this case racism is ok?

These guys are starting a war that I'm not sure they'll be able to win. Doing it peacefully and respectfully is going to go further than partying and throwing up gang signs because cops were killed.

They want change? Run for office and do it.
nah ima smoke blunts and throw gang signs up. give me my free cell phone. i hate cops as much as the next guy but this is just terrible news coupled with these apes celebrating it. worthless pieces of ****.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #20
Astheros

Quote:
This. If cops are criminals then these people also need to be held accountable for their actions. Last time I checked, rioting and looting and destruction of property was all just as illegal as shooting someone. Yet they get away with it all the time. The media fuels this whole thing because they get tons of views by labeling cops as killers and these idiots as innocent victims.

Ok if that helps you sleep at night. If i get judged by a jury of my friends. Ill prob be innocent of every wrongdoing.