E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
**My HPF Experiance**

Well it's been a long coming. As some of you might know, I had a AA stage II S/C but was wishing for something more. I wanted to be the first guy around here with a turbo M3. I decided to sell my AA kit in May and waited for the HPF kit to be finalized. As soon as it was I contacted the guys at HPF (Chris though email and David by phone) And we set the ball rolling on having my car sent down there for the install. It was a long wait with allot of headaches with shipping the car over the border. But in the end, dealing with Chris and David made everything worth it. I can't explain how much it was a pleasure to deal with a company like HPF. Every time I called and spoke to them, they went out of there way to help me with anything I needed. I can't tell you the last time a company would call me and ask how everything was (car related and personally) The check-up phone calls to see if I was happy and to see If the car made it safely were very refreshing.
Now we all know that the car makes great power so I'm not going to get into that to much. But what I would like to tell you is how my wife, who is a very picky person, went down to Buffalo to pick up the car for me, and how she drove the car around Buffalo and got stuck in 3 hour traffic and the border without having any issues with the car. She didn't even realize that the clutch had been changed. That speaks volumes about the drive ability of this kit. As soon as I got the car I decided the first place I would go on Sunday morning was the track. We've seen Jim's car smoke some car's on the HWY, and we've seen Rob set the recored for the quickest 1/4 mile, so I figured to do something that no one thought would be suitable for the car. I went auto crossing. Everyone there was looking at the car with disbelief, there I was with a 420wrhp M3(pump gas setting) with "turbo lag" about to compete in a competition filled with E30's with roll cages and R comp tires, 355 Ferrari's, e36 M3's and more. Needless to say they all were stunned when my car posted the fastest lap times till the very end finishing in second.

There is a video that with be posted as soon as it has been edited.
So in conclusion, I will say that this has been the best mod I have ever purchased. The sound of the BOV's are insane, especially with the GTR hood. I would highly recommend this kit and dealing with HPF in general to everyone.

More photo's and video's to come.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
46_coupe

My Ride: is lame
Congrats on the new mod! Are you going to be winter driving this baby? The videos sent a chill down my spine so I can't imagine what it must be like auto-x'ng that beast

"As soon as you're born, you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" - Cake
46_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
supersickbimmer

I will be insuring the car all year round. So I guess it will be my "winter beater". It was pretty coll seeing the car go around those pylons with the BOV constantly screaming I hope to have the video's soon. It's not in my hands so I can't do much. I'll see if I can get some of the photos that were taken today.

One thing I must say about the turbo, It removed almost all the rasp from my exhaust. and made it alot quieter as well. I guess you can say the turbo kit is the most expensive rasp remover on the market, not to mention the only one that produced 600rwhp.lol.

I think I'm the first guy to have a HPF key chain too.lol.(friend made it for me)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b day 140.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	245440  

Last edited by supersickbimmer; 10-14-2007 at 05:42 PM.
supersickbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #4
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
How much extra is it for them to do the install and how long did it take them to complete once it arrived?

PS: What kind of rubber is on your car? Did you change to a new tire and width for this kit?
Ferm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
supersickbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
How much extra is it for them to do the install and how long did it take them to complete once it arrived?

PS: What kind of rubber is on your car? Did you change to a new tire and width for this kit?
The car was completed in about 2 weeks. They helped me with the install because of the extremely high shipping($5000 total) Duties and brokerage included. I'm running pss9s with bridgestone S03's 275 35 19's in the back.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Ferm3

19's? Really? I was thinking about neez 18's.....and that turbo upgrade....but no clue as to how wide a rear should be for that turbo.....thats some serious grunt under there.....thanks for the reply...

~Ron
Old 10-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
supersickbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
19's? Really? I was thinking about neez 18's.....and that turbo upgrade....but no clue as to how wide a rear should be for that turbo.....thats some serious grunt under there.....thanks for the reply...

~Ron
To be honest, I find that the 9.5" wide rim with 275's in the back are fine for the pump gas setting. Get something separate for the track.
BTW Neez rims
Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Congrats! Can't wait to see the vid!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #9
tankm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Cant wait to see pics and video!
Congrats on getting the car back safe and sound.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #10
Evil Twin Rob

My Ride: 2004 M3
And here I was, saying the turbo might come in to violently to make a good auto-crosser. That's freakin' awesome! It's always cool when people come up to the car like wtf? Have you had a chance to run race fuel yet?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 AM   #11
GodSendsDeath

My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Yup yup I want video ASAP. And can't wait to pick up my 330ZHP, I hear HPF is making a kit for that car. One more week and my car comes to me... I hate these moving company's lol.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #12
supersickbimmer

Here's a review my friend made after driving the car.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96584
Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
HPF Kyle
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickbimmer View Post
Well it's been a long coming. As some of you might know, I had a AA stage II S/C but was wishing for something more. I wanted to be the first guy around here with a turbo M3. I decided to sell my AA kit in May and waited for the HPF kit to be finalized. As soon as it was I contacted the guys at HPF (Chris though email and David by phone) And we set the ball rolling on having my car sent down there for the install. It was a long wait with allot of headaches with shipping the car over the border. But in the end, dealing with Chris and David made everything worth it. I can't explain how much it was a pleasure to deal with a company like HPF. Every time I called and spoke to them, they went out of there way to help me with anything I needed. I can't tell you the last time a company would call me and ask how everything was (car related and personally) The check-up phone calls to see if I was happy and to see If the car made it safely were very refreshing.
Now we all know that the car makes great power so I'm not going to get into that to much. But what I would like to tell you is how my wife, who is a very picky person, went down to Buffalo to pick up the car for me, and how she drove the car around Buffalo and got stuck in 3 hour traffic and the border without having any issues with the car. She didn't even realize that the clutch had been changed. That speaks volumes about the drive ability of this kit. As soon as I got the car I decided the first place I would go on Sunday morning was the track. We've seen Jim's car smoke some car's on the HWY, and we've seen Rob set the recored for the quickest 1/4 mile, so I figured to do something that no one thought would be suitable for the car. I went auto crossing. Everyone there was looking at the car with disbelief, there I was with a 420wrhp M3(pump gas setting) with "turbo lag" about to compete in a competition filled with E30's with roll cages and R comp tires, 355 Ferrari's, e36 M3's and more. Needless to say they all were stunned when my car posted the fastest lap times till the very end finishing in second.

There is a video that with be posted as soon as it has been edited.
So in conclusion, I will say that this has been the best mod I have ever purchased. The sound of the BOV's are insane, especially with the GTR hood. I would highly recommend this kit and dealing with HPF in general to everyone.

More photo's and video's to come.
Good to hear everything went smoothly! Canít wait to see some pictures and videos!

Your car in person is even more beautiful, great work! I bet you will be wining even more shows now

-Kyle
HPF Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #14
///M3-QTR

My Ride: IR M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersickbimmer View Post
Here's a review my friend made after driving the car.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96584
Great review ..but why the Check Engine Light is on ?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #15
steelgrey330ci

My Ride: 2002 330ci
nice one fabio

nice to see one of those babies in canada, I'll keep an ear out for those BOV LOL
congrats

19 x 8.5, 19 x 10 Hm2's/ASA CHARGER TM15 10.5 psi
Hamann Full Add-on kit/kw Varriant 2's coilovers
UUC Sway Bars/UUC M5 presure plate & 8.5lb flywheel
Sach II clutch/AA front and rear strut bars
Angle eyes/Technik Oil Cooler/Technik Headers
Technik FI cams 248/256/ 38lbs injecters
Supersprint Cat back/EVO 3 Short Shifter
Port & polish head, Ferra valves
Dyno 388RWHP & 325TQ To the wheels

CAR IS SOLD
steelgrey330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #16
supersickbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin Rob View Post
And here I was, saying the turbo might come in to violently to make a good auto-crosser. That's freakin' awesome! It's always cool when people come up to the car like wtf? Have you had a chance to run race fuel yet?
Not yet, I will soon. There's a certain widebody RMS supercharged M3 that wants to hook up before it gets to cold. The last time we talked he dynoed around 560rwhp with a built motor. It should be interesting. Vids to come.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
supersickbimmer

Here's a couple of pics of my cars at the auto x
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FabioM3.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	245586   Click image for larger version

Name:	hakkinsenm3.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	245587  
Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #18
DinanM3

My Ride: 2002 M3
thats awsome! congrats...
DinanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 PM   #19
Ferm3

I still cant get over how good this exhaust is
Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #20
empowerd

My Ride: E46 M3 & 993 GT2
Here's the video of me driving Fab's M3 at the autocross yesterday...

Last edited by empowerd; 10-16-2007 at 12:44 AM.
empowerd is offline   Reply With Quote