E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
fmzip

My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
2nd Try: What's missing from my ESS TS Kit??

Let's try this again!

I picked up this baby from Elio and I went thru the manual to see what little odds and ends may be missing. Elio has been nothing short of excellent in this entire transaction. This is the last step in our transaction to figure out what parts if any may have been left behind. We are hoping to iron this out in one shot with the help of other ESS TS2 owners and ESS Directly.

Here's the parts list :

Inlet manifold , qty =1
Inlet for supercharger, qty =1
Intercooler cores, qty =3
End caps with connectors, qty =2
Supercharger with 85mm pulley, qty =1
Oilventilation valve with hose, qty =1
Fuel rail spacers with bolts, qty =4
Bypass with hose and clamps, qty =1
3/4inch hose for frontelement 1,5m, 2,2m and 0,7m, qty =1
Jhonson waterpump with cable kit, qty =1
Hoseclamps 27mm, qty =6
Bracket for rerouting belt with spacer and bolts, qty =1
Bracket for upper radiatorhose with bolt., qty =1
Upper radiator hose, qty =1
Silicone sleeve between mas and trottle w con., qty =1
Serovoil cannister tank with 25mm spacers and b., qty =1
Oil for supercharger, qty =1
Front element with brackets and bolts, qty =1
Hoseclamp for brake vaccum and canister, qty =1
Fuel injectors red, qty =6
Plug for dipsticktube with clamp, qty =1
Extension hose for fuel rail, qty =1

From what I see going thru the install manual, everything I highlighted in red I am not sure I have. These notes are straight from the install manual

Now you will see 4 free bolts sitting on the frame in front of the radiator. The front heat exchanger element is installed on the two lower bolts (Pic.67). The front element comes preassembled, but you might have to loosen the bolts a little to make it fit. The two L shaped brackets are installed onto the free bolts (Pic.68 and Pic.69). Secure them with supplied ESS nuts and washers using a 13mm socket. Tighten all the bolts on the element assembly.

Install the ESS pump on the bottom part of the left inner fender. (Air filter side of the car). Hold the pump in the position shown in the picture below. Mark up where the bracket holes will be drilled (Pic.70). (Where is the bracket?)Remove the pump and drill two 6.5mm (1/4inch) holes using a drill (Pic.71). Install the pump using supplied rubber mountings, washers and nuts (Pic.72). Secure the nuts using a 10mm socket.

Locate the indicated red/white wire inside the DME box (Pic.73). Tap into the wire and connect the long red pump wire with the fuse holder

Secure the bracket using the supplied bolts (Pic.99)

Anyone care to help us out on this, it would be greatly appreciated. The oil is still in the charger, what kind of oil is it? I have two belts and the gasket that aren't pictured in case people are wondering. Chime in, I need to get this thing installed before it snows!

Thanks,

Fran

Last edited by fmzip; 11-04-2007 at 03:19 PM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
The oil is 10W60 (M3 oil)

hope you get the answers for the rest! Did you get a used kit?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
silver330ciman

My Ride: TiAg 330CI TS1
Good luck with the install man! I have the TS1, so I can't say much about the heat exchanger and such.

Sig by hi its me alec
silver330ciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Deep Blue
Banned

My Ride: M52TUB28
you suck at hosting/posting pictures.
=)
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
Worm clamps FTL.
Pics > 800x600 FTL.

Hope it all gets sorted out for you. I don't know why they would forget parts when shipping to a customer. Check list FTW.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |

Last edited by turboaddiction; 11-04-2007 at 05:11 PM.
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #6
fmzip

Comcast freakin sucks! One minutes the links are good next minute they are invalid. Thanks for the photodump.org link

I bought the kit second hand as it says it the first post.

Last edited by fmzip; 11-04-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
Deep Blue
Banned

My Ride: M52TUB28
what are you going to do about programming the ECU since you bought it second hand?
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
what are you going to do about programming the ECU since you bought it second hand?
Just have take mine out and send it to ESS in Phoenix to program it. That's the easy part............Can everyone see the pics now?

Fran

Last edited by fmzip; 11-04-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
Oh you bought it second hand. Didn't catch that in the OP.

Good luck! It will be nice to see the install and dyno sheets later on!

Oh and use this for hosting pics http://www.imageshack.us/ it's free and never really seems to have issues.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
silver330ciman

If you are not planning to use a cherry picker, it might be a good idea to wrap the sc pulley or take it off and put it on when the assembly is in. It's very easy to bend that with the weight of the assembly. We knocked that thing against the engine bay and it bent in multiple areas. I already had a 7.0psi pulley, so the 6.5 pulley was dispensable, but if you plan to keep it, I'd be super careful.

You do need a new ESS manifold gasket for sure. That and the new belt seem to be missing.

Sig by hi its me alec

Last edited by silver330ciman; 11-05-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #11
fmzip

Thanks for the advice...easy enough to take the pulley off. I do have the gasket and the belt.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
maxnathan

My Ride: 2004 m3 ESS VT3
I have 2 orange snap connectors with rigid plastic tubing where the 2 gold nozzles are on your TS in the 2nd picture.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
Looks complete to me....
Lemonsqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #14
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnathan View Post
I have 2 orange snap connectors with rigid plastic tubing where the 2 gold nozzles are on your TS in the 2nd picture.
Could you snap a picture for me please? Thanks for the input.....
Old 11-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #15
silver330ciman

I also have the gold nozzles at the EGR and actuator connectors...I think the plastic ones were from the earlier batches?

Sig by hi its me alec
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #16
maxnathan

My Ride: 2004 m3 ESS VT3
Quote:
I also have the gold nozzles at the EGR and actuator connectors...I think the plastic ones were from the earlier batches?
Right you are.......

Best picture i can find at the moment........notice the two labelled plastic hoses.....1. Fuel pressure regulator 2.Boost gauge line

Old 11-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #17
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnathan View Post
Right you are.......

Best picture i can find at the moment........notice the two labelled plastic hoses.....1. Fuel pressure regulator 2.Boost gauge line

Thank you...going from memory from the instruction manual, it says they are "capped" but I obviously don't have the caps either. I would use one for a boost gauge but don't see how the other vaccum line could be for a fuel pressure regulator unless that connects to the small line coming out of the silicone sleeve in my first picture

Last edited by fmzip; 11-05-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #18
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Anything Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Thank you...going from memory from the instruction manual, it says they are "capped" but I obviously don't have the caps either. I would use one for a boost gauge but don't see how the other vaccum line could be for a fuel pressure regulator unless that connects to the small line coming out of the silicone sleeve in my first picture
The fuel pressure regulator vacuum/boost port MUST be connected to the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose which is originally connected to the lower connection on the F connector attached to your your OEM throttle body->MAF plastic elbow. It is VERY important that this is connected in order to provide the correct vacuum and boost compensation to the fuel pressure. The other port is for testing/boost gauge and can be plugged if you do not need it. You can order a plug from us to replace the brass fitting (comes with new kits), or you can simply attach a plugged hose.
Asbjorn@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
fmzip

Asbjorn,

Could you please tell me what else is missing from my kit? I know the dipstick tube is missing and I question these parts:

Now you will see 4 free bolts sitting on the frame in front of the radiator. The front heat exchanger element is installed on the two lower bolts (Pic.67). The front element comes preassembled, but you might have to loosen the bolts a little to make it fit. The two L shaped brackets are installed onto the free bolts (Pic.68 and Pic.69). Secure them with supplied ESS nuts and washers using a 13mm socket. Tighten all the bolts on the element assembly.

Install the ESS pump on the bottom part of the left inner fender. (Air filter side of the car). Hold the pump in the position shown in the picture below. Mark up where the bracket holes will be drilled (Pic.70). (Where is the bracket?)Remove the pump and drill two 6.5mm (1/4inch) holes using a drill (Pic.71). Install the pump using supplied rubber mountings, washers and nuts (Pic.72). Secure the nuts using a 10mm socket.

Locate the indicated red/white wire inside the DME box (Pic.73). Tap into the wire and connect the long red pump wire with the fuse holder

I'd like to place one order for everything I need and would like to get a spare radiator hose and gasket also. I'd really appreciate if you could review the pics which would help Elio and I finalize our transaction.

Thanks,

Fran
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #20
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Anything Fast
-There are no new dipstick tube used with this kit.
-The nuts/washers used are regular metric nuts, can be found easily at any hardware store locally, no need to pay $ to ship.
-The pump can be secured using 2 good size tie wraps, drill 4 holes in the bottom plastic cover and secure using the tie wraps through the holes. This is much easier to mount and works the same. I know Elio used this, which is why he probably forgot the included the bracket.

Looks to me like you are all set to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
Asbjorn,

Could you please tell me what else is missing from my kit? I know the dipstick tube is missing and I question these parts:

I'd like to place one order for everything I need and would like to get a spare radiator hose and gasket also. I'd really appreciate if you could review the pics which would help Elio and I finalize our transaction.

Thanks,

Fran
Asbjorn@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote