E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #41
fmzip

My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn@ESS View Post
Hi Fran,

Asbjorn, I believe your parts order has been assembled. You should get the final invoice tomorrow morning.
I haven't seen an invoice......it's 7:15PM eastern standard time.

I feel as though I've been extremely patient, but my patience is growing thinner by the minute. If you could explain why this is so cumbersome to get some hardware pulled and shipped, maybe that would be helpful.

I realize you're the messenger and aren't the one pulling the parts, I'm sorry to sound frustrated, but I am............

Last edited by fmzip; 11-26-2007 at 07:16 PM.
fmzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM   #42
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Anything Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
I haven't seen an invoice......it's 7:15PM eastern standard time.

I feel as though I've been extremely patient, but my patience is growing thinner by the minute. If you could explain why this is so cumbersome to get some hardware pulled and shipped, maybe that would be helpful.

I realize you're the messenger and aren't the one pulling the parts, I'm sorry to sound frustrated, but I am............
We are working on your requests as I write this. Since I got many different requests from you I an trying to narrow down exactly what you did and did not want.

Did you want the new all black IC hoses? They are quite expensive at USD 135 for the pair so if you don't mind the inscription in the old ones you will save quite a bit of change.

So far we have listed:

-Fuel rail spacers with bolts : USD 15
-Vacuum hoses with fittings for TS manifold : No charge
-Dipstick tube plug : No charge
-ICV 90degree elbow new type USD 18

Anything else you want that I have missed?

Regular mail or FedEx express shipping?

If you would like to pay using a credit card, can you please fax the cc and shipment address info to (240)220-6032?

Thanks!

Last edited by Asbjorn@ESS; 11-26-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Asbjorn@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #43
fmzip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip;6869220I would like to order the [B
dipstick plug[/B], the fuse holder, the bracket for the pump, a gasket, an upper radiator hose, a cap for the "gold" tube on the manifold and another set of all the nuts, bolts and spacers that come with the kit.

If you see anything else missing from the pics Asjborn, please include them too. Could you give me a total on everything and inform me how to pay?
^^^^Back to this post, everything in bold I need. You and I spoke about the radiator hose, we can skip that as discussed. I don't need the 2 long hoses either, I inquired about the appearance of them and if there were alternatives.

I also need both loctite products as mentioned previously.

In regards to this picture, I would like to order everything shown except for the clamps. If my silcone sleeve can be re-used, I would still like to order everything in this picture with the exception of the silicone sleeve and the clamps.

I would also like to to order the two vaccum hoses, fittings and clamps that are missing from my intake. The two hoses and fittings have labels on them as shown in this picture.

I am also missing a bolt and spacer on my pulley as pointed out previously. This is what it should look like, mine only has the one bolt and spacer on the left, not on the right:

I'd also like to order the short hose with the writing on it in this picture as mentioned previously:

Can you confirm that everything I stated in this single post is clearly understood.

I'll fax over my info when I hear back from you on the costs of everything listed. Can I please get a total tomorrow? Regular maill will be fine if we can wrap this up tomorrow or Wednesday the latest. Thank you

Last edited by fmzip; 11-26-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #44
silver330ciman

My Ride: TiAg 330CI TS1
I'm surprised your used kit is missing those vacuum hoses, the spacers and etc...previous owner forgot them or are you getting extra stuff for insurance? I have plenty of loctite stuff leftover if you end up not getting them through ESS. Good luck man...it'll be worth it.

Sig by hi its me alec
silver330ciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #45
fmzip

^^^What you see is what I got.....the troubling point is that I don't know "exactly" what is missing, I am comparing pictures and hoping ESS could look at this thread and tell me what is missing. At this point I want to order everything in my previous post.

I just want to make certain I have everything, if I have extra parts, I could care less at this point.

To answer your question, the two vaccum lines w fittings and clamps are missing, the pulley bolt and spacer are missing, the fuse holder is missing, the dipstick tube is missing, the bracket for the airpump is missing. I do not have the loctite(s). I fully understand with a removal of this kit, there would be a good possibility of a few things missing. Simple fix, just reorder everything that's not there.....

All the hoses and fittings on the silicone sleeve I would like to order because what I got with my kit has to many pieces, too many opportunitites for leaks in my opinion.

This is what I have in the two pictures:

This is the latest setup:

Hopefully I will get to install it soon....I am going to have a stock dyno done today.....

Last edited by fmzip; 11-27-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #46
silver330ciman

The elbow hose with writings seem to be replaced with a regular curved hose in your picture...But yeah, the vacuum hoses are gone, but at least the nipples are there. You can probably buy vacuum hoses that fit at an autoparts store along with the clamps, loctite. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sig by hi its me alec
Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #47
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

You should have received the parts offer by now? Just let me know if the listed items is OK or if you want to change/remove something and we will prepare the shipment ASAP.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #48
paraklas
OEM ///Member

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
The bracket that pushes the upper radiator hose has to be modified a bit because it pushes the hose too much and it bends bad.

The ATF reservoir bracket has to be modified a bit too because the reservoir touches the TS pulley

The idle control valve bracket has to be modified a bit too because the 2nd hole doesn't match with the hole on the intake manifold

The belt routing diagram in the TS2 manual is wrong and the belt needs to go a different route to fit correctly. Either that or a longer belt is required than the given one. I'll provide a diagram later.

Label the plugs because the DISA plug is identical with another plug!

Just some info so that you don't waste time on the system installation.

PS: ESS your technical support is awesome!! I must have called around 15 times yesterday and you definately know the system inside out!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #49
paraklas
OEM ///Member

Belt route according to manual:

New belt route
Old 11-28-2007, 07:41 AM   #50
silver330ciman

This is what Hans at ESS sent me for another reference. Hope you don't mind, Hans!

Anyhow, just want to say ESS service on the phone is top notch, but the email communication could be better. But hey, that twinscrew kit is freakin worth it. It runs too good to be true. Haha.

Sig by hi its me alec
Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 AM   #51
paraklas
OEM ///Member

Yup that's the way we did it yesterday.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #52
fmzip

Awesome guys!....Silverman, you pulled the engine?? Why?

Asjborn, I sent you an email with my payment info since your fax number had an odd busy singnal this morning. Please confirm you received it.

Thanks for the footnotes Paraklas....I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I was mssing without your help.

My luck is still running bad, yesterday went to have my car dyno'd locally, they couldn't do it. They only had a chassis dyno and my car sits way too low. Oh well....

So I drove 100 miles to Stamford Ct to get the dyno done on a dynojet....Get there this morning and....the dyno is down for the day! Freakin A!...... The owner apologized for the inconvenience and offered me a free dyno at anytime that would work for me.

4 hours wasted today, two hours yesterday....I could had the kit half installed already! Still need to get a baseline dyno done....now I have to find "another" place unless I want to go back to Stamford CT!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #53
fmzip

I am such a shmuck....if you ever need to find a local dynojet center.....

http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/...utomotive.aspx

There are freakin places 8 miles away from me!!! 3rd attempt is scheduled for 9:30 AM tomorrow!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #54
fmzip

Asbjorn, just curious, what is the recommended "upgraded" pulley you are referring to on the invoice? I thought Elio already had the upgraded pulley....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #55
silver330ciman

Quote:

Asjborn, I sent you an email with my payment info since your fax number had an odd busy singnal this morning. Please confirm you received it.

Thanks for the footnotes Paraklas....I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I was mssing without your help.

My luck is still running bad, yesterday went to have my car dyno'd locally, they couldn't do it. They only had a chassis dyno and my car sits way too low. Oh well....

So I drove 100 miles to Stamford Ct to get the dyno done on a dynojet....Get there this morning and....the dyno is down for the day! Freakin A!...... The owner apologized for the inconvenience and offered me a free dyno at anytime that would work for me.

4 hours wasted today, two hours yesterday....I could had the kit half installed already! Still need to get a baseline dyno done....now I have to find "another" place unless I want to go back to Stamford CT!
I wish my garage has those cherry pickers. That was a picture sent by Hans at ESS when I had trouble with the belt routing. If it makes you feel better my car was inoperable for about a month with gathering of parts and DME programming. All worth it though!

Sig by hi its me alec
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #56
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:

Got it, processed it and parts are going out tomorrow.. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:55 PM   #57
paraklas
OEM ///Member

Well my ECU is dead. Plugged it tonight to test the TS2 at last and the temp gauge went to the right end while key in position #2. This according to the things I read here indicates an ECU problem. The car would not start, just crank. No fuel pumped. All fues ok. Talked with ESS and they will ship a new ECU which I will have to re-align with my EWS. The dealer can do the realignment in 3 months from today (!!!!!) so I'll pray my carsoft interface will do the trick.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #58
Asbjorn@ESS
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraklas View Post
Well my ECU is dead. Plugged it tonight to test the TS2 at last and the temp gauge went to the right end while key in position #2. This according to the things I read here indicates an ECU problem. The car would not start, just crank. No fuel pumped. All fues ok. Talked with ESS and they will ship a new ECU which I will have to re-align with my EWS. The dealer can do the realignment in 3 months from today (!!!!!) so I'll pray my carsoft interface will do the trick.
Carsoft works fine with EWS realignment. The new ECU has been prepared and will be overnighted out first thing in the morning for Saturday delivery.

Also do check all fuses to make sure they are OK.

Worst case we will extract the EWS code from your old ECU and code that into a new one here at ESS.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:34 AM   #59
paraklas
OEM ///Member

Thanks for the help and the new ECU. Looking forward to start the car! I have sent my old ECU today via DHL (much better service here than FedEx & same cost) and you should have it by Friday afternoon or Monday morning.

Thanks again!!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #60
fmzip

can't wait to see

Last edited by fmzip; 11-29-2007 at 05:52 PM.