E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
crusinM3

My Ride: M3
what happens when S54 makes too much power

this is what happens when S54 makes 4 digit power

left wishbone damage

right wishbone damage

crusinM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
crusinM3

tire damage

Old 07-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
usta naptin sen?

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
GodSendsDeath

My Ride: 2008 350z 6-speed!!!
Ok see 4 digit number means 1-2-3-4...see 4 numbers.. and 700whp is not 4 digit number. By the way why would you beat up your M3 like that lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:56 AM   #5
crusinM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath View Post
Ok see 4 digit number means 1-2-3-4...see 4 numbers.. and 700whp is not 4 digit number. By the way why would you beat up your M3 like that lol.

you need to learn how to read and how to understand.

read the entire post and see, it is the strongest E46 M3 for now.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
M3 2 NV

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinM3 View Post
you need to learn how to read and how to understand.

read the entire post and see, it is the strongest E46 M3 for now.
This thread should be titled "Where you shouldn't strap your M3 down from for dyno pulls"

You don't have a dyno to back up the claim as strongest M3...700 and change WHP does not equal the strongest E46 M3.

I'm not hating...just stating the facts.

M3 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Care to explain that tire damage? Looks to me like it was carved out using an ice cream scoop.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Did that happen on a dyno? That sucks...those arms are relatively cheap but those tires aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 2 NV View Post
This thread should be titled "Where you shouldn't strap your M3 down from for dyno pulls"
OT...the operator has always used my rear trailing arms when I've dyno'd...is there a better place? I don't think I have to worry about bending them but I'd like to know if there is a sturdier point to install the strap.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
Nico3k
The R1 makes it fun

My Ride: Yamaha R1 + 325i
Looks like you used the wrong place for dyno straps. If the wishbones were broken via power your subframe/driveshaft would be ripped into pieces.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
docwyte

My Ride: '89 944 Turbo
You have to use t hooks to strap the car down to the dyno. If you grab the control arms, they'll bend, as shown in the pics above.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/signaturepics/sigpic14767_1.gif
docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3

my burrit0 has 10000whp!
if you did strap it on the wrong places... atleast knowing now is half the battle or something.

"I catch you in my dreams, just me and you. But you seem confused, I'm not trying to break the rules.
So why do you feel the way that you do? So why do you feel the way that you do?"

2014 LA Autoshow FB Gallery
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Matt Q

My Ride: Jezebel
DA Motorsport... your posts would have some credibility if you could actually back up your claims with facts instead of making these wild claims, unsubstantiated, about the mess of an engine you're still trying to fob off as an M3... does than thing still even have it's aircon??

The engine bay is a MESS on that car.. it's not an M3 any more.. it's a dyno queen. Also, it's NOT as powerful as the M3's HPF is producing... at least we laymen think so since we've SEEN proof of HPF's builds but none of yours

Sorry dude, this thread is a

big

fat

FAIL!!!

M3. ONLY BETTER
Matt Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
crusinM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Q View Post
DA Motorsport... your posts would have some credibility if you could actually back up your claims with facts instead of making these wild claims, unsubstantiated, about the mess of an engine you're still trying to fob off as an M3... does than thing still even have it's aircon??

The engine bay is a MESS on that car.. it's not an M3 any more.. it's a dyno queen. Also, it's NOT as powerful as the M3's HPF is producing... at least we laymen think so since we've SEEN proof of HPF's builds but none of yours

Sorry dude, this thread is a

big

fat

FAIL!!!

1- i presented proof.

2- get rid of your envy.

3- try to increase your m3`s power by 100 whp only, but do it by yourself.

4- i really dont care what you say, or negative comments as yours. i know what i achieved. i feel so comfortable.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
4- i really dont care what you say, or negative comments as yours. i know what i achieved. i feel so comfortable.
If you don't care what anyone else thinks of your achievement, why do you feel the need to come here and boast about it?
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #16
M3 2 NV

My Ride: 2001 M3
Quote:
1- i presented proof.
Bent control arms is not proof of 4 digit power my friend. Bent control arms is proof of where not to strap the car down from.

You don't have a 4 figure dyno yet...you're just estimating, guessing, taking a shot in the dark and last but not least, pulling it out of your

Post up the 4 digit dyno if ya got it

M3 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #17
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
Are all Turkish people liars? you have no proof of 4 digit HP....proof is a picture of the dyno screen, a printout of the dyno run, a video of the dyno pull, etc....all you have shown is a couple of bent control arms....not impressive...oh, and I know not all Turkish people are liars, I have a few Turkish friends
Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #18
yellowssm

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
If you don't care what anyone else thinks of your achievement, why do you feel the need to come here and boast about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 2 NV View Post
Bent control arms is not proof of 4 digit power my friend. Bent control arms is proof of where not to strap the car down from.

You don't have a 4 figure dyno yet...you're just estimating, guessing, taking a shot in the dark and last but not least, pulling it out of your

Post up the 4 digit dyno if ya got it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
Are all Turkish people liars? you have no proof of 4 digit HP....proof is a picture of the dyno screen, a printout of the dyno run, a video of the dyno pull, etc....all you have shown is a couple of bent control arms....not impressive...oh, and I know not all Turkish people are liars, I have a few Turkish friends
I love this guys threads where he "claims" all of these things and everyone beats on him with the truth.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 PM   #19
turboaddiction

My Ride: Turbo M3
Thanks for posting these pictures.

The same thing happened to me. I told the dyno operator that whatever he does, do not strap onto the rear control arms!

So I cruise to the front and read car mags in the lobby until they call on me to say they are ready. All of a sudden there was an "snap" and then a "Uh oh." I went to see what happened, the worker was not told by the owner what I had said and strapped the rear control arm. It actually snapped into two pieces and that was just from him tightening the strap.

So after that I bought some T-hooks which perfectly hook up into the area where the pucks are located under the car. I have a friend with a 996whp BMW who uses the T-hooks every time without any issues. You might know of him. He ran a 9.9X@152mph in the quarter mile. What was it that you ran again?

Anyway...Can't wait to see the video when you try it again with T-hooks. Good luck! You have a very nicely built monster there son.

| TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
| The Truth Shall Set You Free! | It's Good To Have Her Back! |

Last edited by turboaddiction; 07-30-2008 at 07:30 PM.
turboaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #20
Saintly

My Ride: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaddiction View Post
Thanks for posting these pictures.

The same thing happened to me. I told the dyno operator that whatever he does, do not strap onto the rear control arms!

So I cruise to the front and read car mags in the lobby until they call on me to say they are ready. All of a sudden there was an "snap" and then a "Uh oh." I went to see what happened, the worker was not told by the owner what I had said and strapped the rear control arm. It actually snapped into two pieces and that was just from him tightening the strap.

So after that I bought some T-hooks which perfectly hook up into the area where the pucks are located under the car. I have a friend with a 996whp BMW who uses the T-hooks every time without any issues. You might know of him. He ran a 9.9X@152mph in the quarter mile. What was it that you ran again?

Anyway...Can't wait to see the video when you try it again with T-hooks. Good luck! You have a very nicely built monster there son.
Agreed, t-hooks are the way. I have had this happen to me twice and went with UUC arms and changed the way I strap. But you still need to watch out for lazy dyno operators.

Gone to new home:-
Fastest ET 11.41@126.09mph
Highest MPH 129.49mph
Highest HP 631rwhp Dynodynamics
Saintly is offline   Reply With Quote