E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
rb01

My Ride: 323i 98 208HP->Turbo
Ms43 wideband/afr sensor

Hi guys,
I want to try wideband sensor for better tuning my car. Need some info and help.
Should/can i use wideband sensor with ms43 ecu?
Maybe i can use just for cheking afr as gauge?
rb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
cwarel

My Ride: 330ci coupe
Just get innovate lc2 full kit for 160$ and you will be set
cwarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
rb01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarel View Post
Just get innovate lc2 full kit for 160$ and you will be set
I'm looking at this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PLX-DM...UEvgk#shpCntId

Should i leave old pre cat liambda sensors and just weld another one for gauge? or change them?
Old 12-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
cwarel

Much more likely you should get this one because you will be able to log AFR with romraider
Also about the bungs It would be ideal if you weld another bung , but knowing that headers leave no room for extra sht , you could take 1 post cat sensor out and screw wideband in there and then go to the ecu tune file and click Pre-car sensors only with auto learning of post cats ( thats how I did it ) Works fine but i gotta plug in the laptop to change default settings a bit and thats where you have to buy this thing because apparently innovate doesnt provide you with this in their kit . Also make sure you do the install properly such as you gotta place a relay to power up the sensor otherwise it wont be accurate http://www.ebay.com/itm/400823961327...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152253059215...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 12-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #5
rb01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarel View Post
Much more likely you should get this one because you will be able to log AFR with romraider
Also about the bungs It would be ideal if you weld another bung , but knowing that headers leave no room for extra sht , you could take 1 post cat sensor out and screw wideband in there and then go to the ecu tune file and click Pre-car sensors only with auto learning of post cats ( thats how I did it ) Works fine but i gotta plug in the laptop to change default settings a bit and thats where you have to buy this thing because apparently innovate doesnt provide you with this in their kit . Also make sure you do the install properly such as you gotta place a relay to power up the sensor otherwise it wont be accurate http://www.ebay.com/itm/400823961327...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152253059215...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I allready have only pre cat sensors, exhaust is catless and straight
Old 12-25-2016, 04:12 PM   #6
cwarel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb01 View Post
I allready have only pre cat sensors, exhaust is catless and straight
Yeah i got the same thing only no resonators and stock muffler in the back
Well then just screw in the sensor and you be golden