E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires
Wheels and tires for your BMW. Stock and aftermarket wheels, tires, spacers, lug bolts, center caps, etc....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 02:59 AM   #61
2ndeagle

My Ride: BMW
FWIW. FedEx Office, formerly FedEx Kinko's will provide you with paper and tape. At least that's what I was provided. Bubble wrap will require a charge. I've been told that wheels can be shipped with only covering the front a back of the wheel and doesnt have to be entirely boxed. Seem sthat is the way tire suppliers ship tires, thoug I haven't tried it as of yet. Valuable and point on information in this thread.
2ndeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #62
BU Z4

My Ride: Z4
Cost me $141 to ship (4) 19" M6 wheels and tires from TX to NC with FedEx with insurance!
BU Z4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #63
chevoldavis

My Ride: 2001 330i
Bump for good info
chevoldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #64
spikester550

My Ride: 330ci, 86.5 hardbody
Send a message via AIM to spikester550
^
CF CSL Trunk, Black Kidney Grills, Smoked Corners,
Painted Reflectors, M3 Steering Wheel,
ZHP Shift Knob, Clutch Stop, Shark Injector,
15mm Spacers, 3k DDM HID Fogs, OEM M3 Hood,
Coilovers, UUC Sways, and many more..
spikester550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #65
Carlman

My Ride: 2005 325i Stock
Tirerack ships wheel/tire combos with a thin piece of foam and a piece of cardboard on the outside face of the wheel and another piece of cardboard on the other side. They bind it with packing straps. I plan to use the materials from my new wheels to ship my old wheels. The rubber will protect the wheels better than any box ever could.
So, my material cost will be very small.. just need packing straps... which I can probably get at my job... where I will also ship from.. So, I'm expecting around 30-40/wheel w/ tire to ship (depending on location). Still, ~150 isn't chump change to ship something. Tirerack charged 100 but they have volume and a nearby shipping location.
-C
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #66
razahyde

My Ride: bmw m5 w/ boost!
you guys are getting hustled, open a fedex account, its free. ive shipped about 10 sets of wheels, most expensive was to the boonies in minnesota. that cost me $120 for 4 wheels w/ tires, those were 19s.

fedex is by far the cheapest for wheel transportation. UPS WILL be more expensive.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #67
speeddemonm3

My Ride: E46 M3 bmw
Try checking for a quote with LDM Transport 1888-524-0666 I have used them before and the rates were much better then Fed ex and UPS when shipping wheels
speeddemonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #68
idolo

My Ride: M6
Thank you for the information // I agree fed-ex sucks
idolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #69
04yfz

My Ride: A car
You guys saying ship fedex, I went that route and they lost 2 of my wheels. But get this, this was two wheels in one package. I am talking wheels that were taped together, ceran wrapped(heavy duty shipping type) and then boxed, so I know they stayed together, as they were boxed as well. I'm never dealing with shipping wheels again, unless the seller wants to pay for me to drop the wheels off at a Fedex/UPS store and pay for actually wrapping and shipping charges. I'd rather take 100-200 less locally without factoring in shipping and just not deal with the hassle.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #70
krautuner

My Ride: 2001 325IT(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGreen View Post
Use Fedex. It is the cheapest. Get an online account, it's free and saves 10%

Boxes are free, you just need to know where to look for them. I get my tape at the swap meet. 5 rolls for $6.00 Packing material is free as well. Just hunt it down. Best place is behind a furniture store.

Last week I send a 18" wheel with no tire from San Diego to Virgina, it was $27.00 insured.

Never go to the USPS unless your item is under 1 pound.

With Fedex you can print the shipping form at home, attach to box and drop off at a Fedex Kinkos.

But yes, it can be expensive in some situations.

Good luck!
I've sold lots of wheels mostly via VWVortex, and this has been my method
I've been as low as $18 a wheel shipped 2-3 states away.
krautuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #71
woorick

My Ride: 2002 325i
Hello all, just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to let you guys know that back like maybe 8-10 years ago I used to ship plenty of wheels through "greyhound"... yes the bus...buyer just needs to pick up at closest greyhound station. Trick is to use 1 large box. I did a qoute at 100 lbs and a 60in box ( tape boxes securely together or find a long box)..i put 60 because they measure the longest side. So if you have a 10in wide wheel times 4 is 40in plus any difference in tires/packaging (something in the middle of each rim?). it came out to $110. From anaheim, ca to new york...hopefully gives you guys something to think about and try it out at least quote it...its definitely worth a try...

Thanks,
Ricky

Ps. I'm looking for some 18" wheels btw. Ha.

Sent from my DROID2 using BimmerApp
woorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #72
BeMur4life

My Ride: 05' M3
Shipped 19" wheels & tires from Texas to Illinois 3 days ago, Insured... costs 278.00 OUCH! Sellers take notice!
BeMur4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #73
CountyRecovery

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
Thanks for the advice !
CountyRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #74
Brandyn.

My Ride: Slow, but Low
im about to sell wheels and what do you mean paypal fees?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #75
UNFORGIVEN
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Bagged Stang, 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed_E46 View Post
im about to sell wheels and what do you mean paypal fees?
Paypal charges a small percentage for their services. You can choose the "GIFT" and "PERSONAL/PAYMENT OWED" options to waive the fee for your buyer.

I don't remember if you (the seller) are charged the same fee.

Special thanks to Mr. AWD for the new sig...
UNFORGIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #76
bmak

My Ride: porsche944 / bmw325i
about to post 2 sets of wheels + tires thanks for the heads up!
bmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #77
1bimmertoy

My Ride: e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautuner View Post
I've sold lots of wheels mostly via VWVortex, and this has been my method
I've been as low as $18 a wheel shipped 2-3 states away.

where did you get this rate? wow thats lowest i've heard of. there's several brokers out there and the wheel ***** i am, i figured it's possible to arrange similar deals. Due to my frequent trade buy and sell on wheels and was tired of losing out on deals due to high cost of shipping, i actually started searching for a bargain and already in talks with a few companies including fed ex. I will keep everyone posted to see what they can offer and forward the bargain to all members. biggest question volume is he going to expect if offered a great rate? i should have an answer next week.

great info and glad i stumble into this

2008 328 E90 N52
Bilstein Coilover, Power Box Tune, M3 Suspension Conversion, LCI EURO Black Out, OSS LED Halos, CSL Trunk Skin, Project M Dual Race Exhaust, M3 Fender Retrofit, LCI Front Hood and Mtech Conversion, Stage 2 AFE, PJM Tune Stage 1, DPE Super Concave, MORR SV28.2, TE37

RACE EXHAUST:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITKFuoXkY9c

BALLER (FUTURE HEISMAN):
http://www.youtube.com/user/jay4usc?.../0/VTE7A2_j9TU
1bimmertoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM   #78
Sir Sandwich

My Ride: 2002 M3
I havent see where anyone has mentioned shipping "common carrier" I.E.-Estes, Roadway, Yellow, etc. I know you can ship carpet from Dalton, GA to your house WAY cheaper then getting it local. These places do it all the time! I have had over 300# shipped to my house for about $80.

I would think you could lay wheels on a palet and ship them like that. just secure them good, those fork truck drivers can be rough.

Just curious if anyone looked into that?
Sir Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #79
TurboMliner

My Ride: Turbo M3
I always ship with UPS or FEDEX
TurboMliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #80
oggraham

My Ride: 330ci
Thanks for that advice, i have a set selling and i mentioned that i would ship free but only because my brother works with a company where he gets a break in shipping items but that is no more and i didnt know unil after i put up the wheels for sale so on that note i'm gonna have to ask fo more, thanks.
oggraham is offline   Reply With Quote