E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #2821
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
nice trez - there were quite a few people bidding on that touring
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #2822
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
We need a "I found this touring for sale" thread...

I want one!

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #2823
330i ZHP

You can always pony up for mine...
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #2824
goldens

My Ride: e46 wagon
MY RIDE.test fitting before spring

updates :
OEM roof railings :

holders for the bycicles
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #2825
GGray

My Ride: 01 325it Wagonator
FS: touring roof rack to mount on rails...

Selling the roof rack that came on my touring.

$125.00 Plus shipping..

No pictures. You can Google it to see it, silver mounts on factory rails.

88 E30M3 turbo race/track car
89 M3 restore project
91 325i M tech convertible.
92 Gti 8V
01 325it five speed daily/track AKA: Wagonator.

If you can take it apart you can make it faster
GGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #2826
terzinator

My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
nice trez - there were quite a few people bidding on that touring
Thanks, all. Yeah, I'm loving this thing. My first E46. (My father had a 1999 or 2000 323i sedan back in the day, but sold it when he found a used E39 540i 6-speed -- and now he's supremely jealous of me, with this car. And he also has an E92 330i coupe! And he's 85 years old!)

Everything feels brand new. Everything is perfect on the car.

I found a great deal on some style 141 wheels with Goodyear snows (off a 1-series), so it's in winter mode now, with the ZHP wheels in storage. (Some spacers would make the 141s look even better, but I can live with it. $500 for the wheels, which included the snow tires.)

It really needs so little. I still need to do the CABs, which I have, ready to go. (Thanks, Gary!) Then when it warms up I'll do the cooling system and VANOS and have a look at the DISA. (Even though the PPI turned up no problems on those fronts.)

Audio upgrades would be next. (Not changing the head unit, or anything. But better speakers for sure.)

I'm 48 years old and feel like a little kid again! (What does it say about me when my mid-life-crisis car is a station wagon?)

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.

Last edited by terzinator; 02-19-2013 at 09:44 AM.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #2827
GGray

My Ride: 01 325it Wagonator
I'm 45 my wife just rolls here head at my obsession with BMW Touring'd..

I just did the coilover conversion last night on mine. 450f 630 rear, rides dam near like it did with ZHP springs! Putting 550f 700R on it mayeb this week before going to VIR.

Anyone need some like new ZHP vert springs ? 100 bucks! Plus shipping...

88 E30M3 turbo race/track car
89 M3 restore project
91 325i M tech convertible.
92 Gti 8V
01 325it five speed daily/track AKA: Wagonator.

If you can take it apart you can make it faster
GGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #2828
alpine003

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
I found a great deal on some style 141 wheels with Goodyear snows (off a 1-series), so it's in winter mode now, with the ZHP wheels in storage. (Some spacers would make the 141s look even better, but I can live with it. $500 for the wheels, which included the snow tires.)
Do yourself a favor and ditch the ZHP wheels(unless you wanna stay OEM style) as they are heavy and definitely affect performance.

I know a lot of the younger guys like to slam these things and put 19" heavy wheels on them, which is fine and dandy if you are all about show and just cruising.

"Upgrading" to 17" BBS RGR's was one of the best things I did for a daily driver wagon IMHO. 17lbs a piece does a LOT for acceleration, throttle response, braking, suspension dampening...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #2829
terzinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine003 View Post
Do yourself a favor and ditch the ZHP wheels(unless you wanna stay OEM style) as they are heavy and definitely affect performance.

I know a lot of the younger guys like to slam these things and put 19" heavy wheels on them, which is fine and dandy if you are all about show and just cruising.

"Upgrading" to 17" BBS RGR's was one of the best things I did for a daily driver wagon IMHO. 17lbs a piece does a LOT for acceleration, throttle response, braking, suspension dampening...
I do not slam. I am old. I think slamming looks ridiculous, like pants on the ground and big floppy tennis shoes.

Not married to the ZHP's, but they look nice. I also like VMR's CSL reps, but am always open to other ideas. (Once the maintenance stuff is finished!)

What size 17's did you go with? (And tires?) When I went to look at the RGR's on Tire Rack, couldn't get to the configuration page. They must be out of stock or something.

Did you go with 17's for the weight savings? Or ride quality (compared to something bigger)?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #2830
alpine003

Quote:
I do not slam. I am old. I think slamming looks ridiculous, like pants on the ground and big floppy tennis shoes.

Not married to the ZHP's, but they look nice. I also like VMR's CSL reps, but am always open to other ideas. (Once the maintenance stuff is finished!)

What size 17's did you go with? (And tires?) When I went to look at the RGR's on Tire Rack, couldn't get to the configuration page. They must be out of stock or something.

Did you go with 17's for the weight savings? Or ride quality (compared to something bigger)?
LOL, you got a "few" years on me. I went with 17x8 with 40 offset. I'll probably get 5-7mm wheel spacers to bring them down to 35mm which I think is a good compromise between flush and rubbing. I don't think they make RGR's anymore in that size for the BMW's. For a daily driver that rarely see's anywhere close to 9/10's driving, I went with the Continental DWS and have been happy with them so far. I went with 17's for both weight savings and comfortable ride. If I didn't have crappy roads by me, I could've technically went with some thing like the Koni FSD's and Forged lightweight 18's to achieve a similiar ride. The 17 lb weight has gained me 2mpg on the economy front as well. Apex wheel sponsor here has a decent set of lightweight and budget friendly 17's here in the sponsors page.

Last edited by alpine003; 02-19-2013 at 12:01 PM.
alpine003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #2831
Kracingti

My Ride: E46 320i Touring 02
Quote:
Thanks, all. Yeah, I'm loving this thing. My first E46. (My father had a 1999 or 2000 323i sedan back in the day, but sold it when he found a used E39 540i 6-speed -- and now he's supremely jealous of me, with this car. And he also has an E92 330i coupe! And he's 85 years old!)

Everything feels brand new. Everything is perfect on the car.

It really needs so little. I still need to do the CABs, which I have, ready to go. (Thanks, Gary!) Then when it warms up I'll do the cooling system and VANOS and have a look at the DISA. (Even though the PPI turned up no problems on those fronts.)

Audio upgrades would be next. (Not changing the head unit, or anything. But better speakers for sure.)

I'm 48 years old and feel like a little kid again! (What does it say about me when my mid-life-crisis car is a station wagon?)

Nice ride..!!!

I am 31 and my friends asked why a "momy's wagon" ??? -It liked to my wife- I didn't know how to answer that... I felt like I'm getting old... but I like it a lot... .

On the other hand... mine is in WIP from an overheating... the head is being resurfaced... so I hope to get her ready for the weekend...
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #2832
terzinator

Quote:
LOL, you got a "few" years on me. I went with 17x8 with 40 offset. I'll probably get 5-7mm wheel spacers to bring them down to 35mm which I think is a good compromise between flush and rubbing.
Post pics! (Or maybe you already have... this is a long thread!)

Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #2833
alpine003

Quote:
Post pics! (Or maybe you already have... this is a long thread!)
Haven't had a chance to take any pics yet since I've had my winter setup(stock sport package wheels) one. Once the snow goes away and I put back my RGR's, I'll snap some pics.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #2834
JonathanL

My Ride: 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanL View Post
Lurker for a long time and was in E36s for a little over a decade. I just picked up a Topaz Touring Wagon several weeks ago (found on the board) and have done a lot of work in a relatively short time. I'll do a separate thread when I can find the time and gather all my photos, but here's a quick history from the exterior.

First pic is the day before purchase, second is after suspension (without proper ride heights set) and last is with suspension (AST 4100s from Rogue Engineering) and 18x9" Arc-8 wheels.
I haven't posted in a really long time, but figured I might as well give an update since the car's significantly different now. Article just came out in European Car Magazine a couple of months back and is now online here:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/e...i/viewall.html

Last edited by JonathanL; 02-19-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: added photo
JonathanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2835
terzinator

Excellent! So you fitted all the parts that were reviewed? Supercharger was worth it? (Brake upgrade to go with it?)

I haven't subscribed to that magazine for years. Might need to re-up.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #2836
JonathanL

Quote:
Excellent! So you fitted all the parts that were reviewed? Supercharger was worth it? (Brake upgrade to go with it?)

I haven't subscribed to that magazine for years. Might need to re-up.
Yes, the supercharger was very much worth it. No brake upgrade, as the stock calipers seem fine to me. I just swap out to PF-01 pads for track weekends and have appropriate fluid and stainless lines. Aesthetically, I would like a BBK, but it's pretty low on the priority list for me.

I do have a 3-clutch 3:46 LSD which doesn't hurt the fun quotient at all.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #2837
alpine003

Thanks JonathanL for that article. Are you a part of the staff at European Car?

Regarding the software, I was a bit surprised by the numbers but can you tell me if it gained more hp under the curve rather than Peak HP? I'm glad I've refrained from NA mods for the M54 thus far. Also do you have any additional comments on the G-Power SK SC? IIRC some BMW mags were running an ad that advertised this kit on sale for $2k which would make it very attractive for people looking for 330 oomph and not much more.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #2838
330i ZHP

very cool Jon
Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #2839
Visor328i

My Ride: rolls on VS-XX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
You can always pony up for mine...
Curious to know how much you would sell it for?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #2840
JonathanL

Quote:
Thanks JonathanL for that article. Are you a part of the staff at European Car?

Regarding the software, I was a bit surprised by the numbers but can you tell me if it gained more hp under the curve rather than Peak HP? I'm glad I've refrained from NA mods for the M54 thus far. Also do you have any additional comments on the G-Power SK SC? IIRC some BMW mags were running an ad that advertised this kit on sale for $2k which would make it very attractive for people looking for 330 oomph and not much more.
I've done a freelance article for them (for a winter tire test), but this article isn't mine. I'm just a freelancer, however, and not on staff... though I wouldn't mind. ;-)

There is a dyno chart on that page that you can magnify to see, and it was an OK difference from about 4.5k RPM and up. Partial throttle response felt a bit better and just having the intake always helped with the artificial butt dyno since the car just sounded so much happier. Money-wise, though, there isn't a lot of bang-for-the-buck with NA mods on the M54.

Overall I love the G-Power SK kit. It's not huge power with the kit as it is, but there is an intercooler available and a little more power to be had. With the low boost I have no worries about longevity of the motor, though, and it's a much more enjoyable drive.

The power comes on almost exactly like an E36 M3 with cams. Slightly less power than that, but the delivery is almost exactly the same. No big boost feeling, but it keeps pulling all the way through the rev range. The sounds are worth the price, too. The very slight whistle from the SC combined with the rush of air going through the exhaust makes it hard not to roll the windows down even when it's below freezing.

Oddly enough, there is a slight (and expected) loss of power down low because of the parasitic loss, BUT at partial throttle the car feels like it's got more torque than it did. Only if you go WOT at low RPM does it feel a tiny bit sluggish until the the RPMs build. Partial throttle feels peppy, though.

The ads that were running for a short time on this kit were a bit misleading. They didn't factor in a few things, so the kit is actually right around $3K. Still well worth it for about a 60whp gain, IMO.

Tags
touring