E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 48 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #2941
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,786
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull 325is View Post
apparently m-power dealers can buy ROW stuff, give um a shout
any contact info? I couldn't find anything. If regular dealer network - never heard of an m-power dealer

thanks, Stuart
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #2942
GGray
OEM ///Member
 
GGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 128
My Ride: 01 325it Wagonator
Touring FS.

Put up our silver/gray touring for sale. Don't need two right now


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=978620


Spread the word!
__________________
Gary,
Need something email me gary@bimmerworld.com

88 E30M3 turbo race/track car
89 M3 restore project
91 325i M tech convertible.
92 Gti 8V
01 325it five speed daily/track AKA: Wagonator.


If you can take it apart you can make it faster
GGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #2943
SexualChocolate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston/Galveston TX
Posts: 244
My Ride: 325iT/M5/10R/Aero750
Went a different route on this touring...
Old school Simmons OM17s in 17 X 8.5
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #2944
jwm5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 4,196
My Ride: station wagon
Nice sprocket rockets (bike carriers) i have the same... wheels look a little tiny but good...
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #2945
SexualChocolate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston/Galveston TX
Posts: 244
My Ride: 325iT/M5/10R/Aero750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
Nice sprocket rockets (bike carriers) i have the same... wheels look a little tiny but good...
Thanks! Yeah the 18" HREs I had on my previous touring were much better looking, but I have reserved myself to going more along the lines of function on this touring. So my plan is just to keep it simple with a touring cupkit, H&R sways, MTech II, tint, gloss black window trim, OEM clears all around, Westfalia hitch, and that's about it.

Actually come to think about it, my receipe is the same as yours, but on a more tame level
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #2946
GGray
OEM ///Member
 
GGray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 128
My Ride: 01 325it Wagonator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
Thanks! Yeah the 18" HREs I had on my previous touring were much better looking, but I have reserved myself to going more along the lines of function on this touring. So my plan is just to keep it simple with a touring cupkit, H&R sways, MTech II, tint, gloss black window trim, OEM clears all around, Westfalia hitch, and that's about it.

Actually come to think about it, my receipe is the same as yours, but on a more tame level

Skip the H&R sway bars the Hotchkiss bars are considerably better we use them on basically everything from street cars to full race cars. Sway bar bushings come with new brackets with zerk fittings to grease the bushings without removing, and the rear comes with some really trick adjustable links. we can get sealed adjustable links for the front to...And they are hollow so they are lighter.

I have them on my Touring.

check them on the site for more info www.bimmerworld.com


My touring with 450F 600R and the hotchkiss bars handles like a Go Kart!!!
__________________
Gary,
Need something email me gary@bimmerworld.com

88 E30M3 turbo race/track car
89 M3 restore project
91 325i M tech convertible.
92 Gti 8V
01 325it five speed daily/track AKA: Wagonator.


If you can take it apart you can make it faster
GGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #2947
SexualChocolate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston/Galveston TX
Posts: 244
My Ride: 325iT/M5/10R/Aero750
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGray View Post
Skip the H&R sway bars the Hotchkiss bars are considerably better we use them on basically everything from street cars to full race cars. Sway bar bushings come with new brackets with zerk fittings to grease the bushings without removing, and the rear comes with some really trick adjustable links. we can get sealed adjustable links for the front to...And they are hollow so they are lighter.

I have them on my Touring.

check them on the site for more info www.bimmerworld.com


My touring with 450F 600R and the hotchkiss bars handles like a Go Kart!!!
Well unfortunately I already had the H&Rs in my garage and they were installed on Clementine (the Oxford touring above) the first weekend I owned her.
I should have stripped my silver touring before trading in her in because I lost OEM clears, H&R PCS Coilovers, Rough Road package, OEM Motorsport Strut tower brace, and Rogue Engineering RSMs.

Live and learn!
And thanks for the advice, it's just a tad bit too late for me, but will be helpful for others

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 03-31-2013 at 10:15 AM.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #2948
jb325iT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baldwin
Posts: 18
My Ride: 2004 325i wagon
Here's mines daily driven
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1364786795.050478.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	498092   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1364786843.191741.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	498093   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1364786898.757223.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	498094   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1364787009.074086.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	498105  

jb325iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #2949
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,786
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
not a fan of the larger wheels - but the five spoke look great...the rest of the car looks great too

nice
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #2950
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 219
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Summer wheels on, finally. Should be 60 degrees here by the weekend. Long cold lonely winter to be sure.

__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #2951
dedo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zvolen, Slovakia
Posts: 167
My Ride: e36 323i coupe
Very nice and claen AW , but don`t like mudflaps, i am not sure if it`s the right name for that black things , but you`ll get it.
__________________
Yes, I am sleeping behind the wheel

dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #2952
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 219
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedo View Post
Very nice and claen AW , but don`t like mudflaps, i am not sure if it`s the right name for that black things , but you`ll get it.
Yeah, I think mudflaps is the correct term.

I don't even see them as a styling thing, but I can understand where you're coming from. I like having them, though. Well, frankly, I think they look cool. But I'm a fuddy-duddy. (Although I do sport 18" wheels!)

It's kind of like the roof racks, in my opinion. I'd never take them off a Touring for the "styling" element, because I appreciate the functionality more.
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #2953
SexualChocolate
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston/Galveston TX
Posts: 244
My Ride: 325iT/M5/10R/Aero750
Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
Yeah, I think mudflaps is the correct term.

I don't even see them as a styling thing, but I can understand where you're coming from. I like having them, though. Well, frankly, I think they look cool. But I'm a fuddy-duddy. (Although I do sport 18" wheels!)

It's kind of like the roof racks, in my opinion. I'd never take them off a Touring for the "styling" element, because I appreciate the functionality more.
I like your mudflaps, I am ordering the OEM ones for the rear of mine. I think even with the touring cupkit I would scrape the front mudflaps on certain speed bumps if I had them.

I really like your OEM+ (what I call USDM cars with MTech additions) look on your touring!

Is your front bumper OEM Mtech II? I am debating on whether to do OEM or get a replica, simply because my touring is old now and would rather pour any spare money into my M5 or bikes.

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 04-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #2954
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 219
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
I like your mudflaps, I am ordering the OEM ones for the rear of mine. I think even with the touring cupkit I would scrape the front mudflaps on certain speed bumps if I had them.

I really like your OEM+ (what I call USDM cars with MTech additions) look on your touring!

Is your front bumper OEM Mtech II? I am debating on whether to do OEM or get a replica, simply because my touring is old now and would rather pour any spare money into my M5 or bikes.
Thanks. I'm lucky to have found this one. (From an ad here!) M-Tech II upgrades... Sport suspension... Winter package... 5-speed... manual seats and no sunroof... Nice DINAN mods, too. Enthusiast owned. It's a wonderful driver's car.
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #2955
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 219
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate View Post
Is your front bumper OEM Mtech II?
Oops, sorry, missed this question!

Yep. OEM. But it was already on the car when I got it. So I don't even know what these cost!
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #2956
lab rat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,141
My Ride: '02 330iT
Yeah, you got really lucky.
__________________
Because sleeper.
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #2957
lab rat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,141
My Ride: '02 330iT
Snapped couple of pics, no new mods.











Next on the list is black window trim and kidneys. I also need to paint the intercooler brackets black. I'm kicking myself for not doing it while I had the bumper off.
__________________
Because sleeper.
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #2958
terzinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Twin Cities MN
Posts: 219
My Ride: 325iT 5-sp RWD Sport
So tasty, lr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab rat View Post
Next on the list is black window trim and kidneys.
Cool. I did the black kidneys on mine a few weeks ago. I do think it looks so much better, as the rest of my trim was already black.
__________________

E46FANATICS Touring Forum!

Last edited by terzinator; Today at 11:56 PM. REASON: Fear.
terzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #2959
lamsv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 498
My Ride: 2001 325iT
That a Hamann rear spoiler?!
__________________

lamsv:2001 325iT
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #2960
lab rat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,141
My Ride: '02 330iT
That's a mystery. I haven't seen another touring with this spoiler.
Previous owner installed it. Based on his other mods it was problably something cheap.
I'm in the love/hate relationship with the spoiler. It looks good from most angles. And it looks awkward in some pics.
__________________
Because sleeper.
lab rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
touring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use