E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #961
jwm5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 4,209
My Ride: station wagon
No we only get the middle range 6 cylinder gas engine in the wagon. so we have only had an e91 325 then the facelift 328. Sucks. I would love to get a 335 wagon, that would probably be one of the only new bmws I would buy from the dealer. Never made sense to me to make the wagon only available in the smaller engines, it is a small niche model, I realize that, but then why not give a better engine, most wagons in the US are probably customer ordered anyway, at least give us the option for the better engines.
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #962
TiAgTouring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 1,587
My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
No we only get the middle range 6 cylinder gas engine in the wagon. so we have only had an e91 325 then the facelift 328. Sucks. I would love to get a 335 wagon, that would probably be one of the only new bmws I would buy from the dealer. Never made sense to me to make the wagon only available in the smaller engines, it is a small niche model, I realize that, but then why not give a better engine, most wagons in the US are probably customer ordered anyway, at least give us the option for the better engines.
Agreed! As I understand it, part of the problem is they want consumers to move up to the 5 for the bigger engines. On our generation, this was the 530iT and the 540iT, and for the E90/E60 gen this was the 535iT (I don't think they made a 545iT or 550iT for the US). While this makes sense for marketing, it doesn't make sense for a Brand thats supposed to provide Enthusiast options for its customers. This means larger engines, lighter weight (ie not a 5er) and manuals.

I would seriously give my left nut for a 335dT with a 6-speed manual. Whats not to love about 425lb-ft of torque and 40 MPG highway.

When I get the money, I'm doing an N52 swap into my 323...and installing a custom carbon fiber roof (we can all dream, right?)
__________________

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #963
TiAgTouring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 1,587
My Ride: has a D-Pillar
So this just came out....and I'm thinking about changing my profession so I can afford one....

Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon: 6-speed manual, rear-wheel drive. 552 bhp 6.2L supercharged V8. 0-60: 4 seconds. 1/4 Mile: 12 seconds







http://velocityresource.com/CadillacCTSVSportwagon.aspx
__________________

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #964
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,820
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
i thought that was purely concept territory
__________________
/_________\
O==[][]==O
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #965
German_BMW_E46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 387
My Ride: E46 330ci
Send a message via MSN to German_BMW_E46
E46 320i Touring 170HP 65/35 with Reuter Motorsport suspension and 8.5 and 9.5jx17 BBS


__________________
Greeting from Germany

My E46 Coupe

German_BMW_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #966
wooboodoo
Registered User
 
wooboodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
My Ride: is alpine white...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
So this just came out....and I'm thinking about changing my profession so I can afford one....

Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon: 6-speed manual, rear-wheel drive. 552 bhp 6.2L supercharged V8. 0-60: 4 seconds. 1/4 Mile: 12 seconds
sick car !!!
__________________


No matter which BMW model you drive, pure chiseled performance is the
pulsating heart of its DNA. Yet the 13th letter of the alphabet takes every
BMW built-in performance advantage and amps it up to the Mth degree.
Call it the Year of M.
D. Randy Riggs
wooboodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #967
mikeyb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raw-chest-ah, NH
Posts: 755
My Ride: Jet Black 01 325xit
Send a message via AIM to mikeyb74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
So this just came out....and I'm thinking about changing my profession so I can afford one....

Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon: 6-speed manual, rear-wheel drive. 552 bhp 6.2L supercharged V8. 0-60: 4 seconds. 1/4 Mile: 12 seconds







http://velocityresource.com/CadillacCTSVSportwagon.aspx
I would rather have this:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/24/w...on-weve-alway/
__________________
The BMW e46 3er Sport Wagen...

"The station wagon that’s finally gorgeous enough, engaging enough to drive, and sufficiently
swell to lure folks out of those cumbersome utes." -Car and Driver

It's funny... people who drive anything expensive often get labeled by folks who drive less expensive cars. I have found, without exception, that douchebags cover all demographics and incomes. You can be an douchebag in either a Echo or an Escalade.
mikeyb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #968
TiAgTouring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 1,587
My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
Yeah I saw that...still sexy, but no way.

Given, both are GM products, and both are supercharged. BUT, the CTS-V uses a very new Eaton supercharger, and it makes 552hp without aftermarket tuning. That G8 makes 600 with. Take your CTS-V Wagon to Hennessey and it'll do 700hp no problem. They will even drop an LS9 (from the ZR1) in there and get 900+.

The other big thing is handling...the CTS-V is actually a very good performer. It gives the E60 M5 a run for its money. The G8 is cool...but I've heard the suspension and handling is pretty crude. And I guarantee the interior of that G8 isn't as nice as the Caddy.

Still...you are right that its one bad ass daddy wagon
__________________

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #969
mikeyb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raw-chest-ah, NH
Posts: 755
My Ride: Jet Black 01 325xit
Send a message via AIM to mikeyb74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
Yeah I saw that...still sexy, but no way.

Given, both are GM products, and both are supercharged. BUT, the CTS-V uses a very new Eaton supercharger, and it makes 552hp without aftermarket tuning. That G8 makes 600 with. Take your CTS-V Wagon to Hennessey and it'll do 700hp no problem. They will even drop an LS9 (from the ZR1) in there and get 900+.

The other big thing is handling...the CTS-V is actually a very good performer. It gives the E60 M5 a run for its money. The G8 is cool...but I've heard the suspension and handling is pretty crude. And I guarantee the interior of that G8 isn't as nice as the Caddy.

Still...you are right that its one bad ass daddy wagon

Swapping the LS9 7.0 is a very simple conversion into the VE/Zeta platform. Holden sells the W427 with the LS7 from the C6 Z06 and HSV has swapped the LS9 7.0 into acouple of cars. Also HSV and Vauxhall sells VE Commodore based cars with factory superchargers.

Of course the handling would not be on the same level as the CTS-V. My issue with teh CTS-V sportwagon is that it looks like a lowered SRX CUV. Hell I have the same issue with the BMW 5 GT. Which I think looks to like an X6 dropped. The Commodore/G8 was suspension tuned on the "ring" just like CTS-V, Corvette, and Camaro. I was reading awhile ago about the G8 and the article stated that the same suspension engineers worked on the CTS/STS and Zeta platforms. As for the interior it is a hell of alot better then most other General offerings. To bad GM killed the G8 . It really should have been the Chevy Impala replacement in my opinion. I like the price of the Commodore/G8. I think it is one of the best performance bargains out there or was for a new car. Offers high end sport saloon performance for the price of a 328i here in the states. I have a soft spot for both the 04-06 GTO and the G8.
__________________
The BMW e46 3er Sport Wagen...

"The station wagon that’s finally gorgeous enough, engaging enough to drive, and sufficiently
swell to lure folks out of those cumbersome utes." -Car and Driver

It's funny... people who drive anything expensive often get labeled by folks who drive less expensive cars. I have found, without exception, that douchebags cover all demographics and incomes. You can be an douchebag in either a Echo or an Escalade.

Last edited by mikeyb74; 03-31-2010 at 10:06 AM.
mikeyb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #970
TiAgTouring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 1,587
My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
Swapping the LS9 7.0 is a very simple conversion into the VE/Zeta platform. Holden sells the W427 with the LS7 from the C6 Z06 and HSV has swapped the LS9 7.0 into acouple of cars. Also HSV and Vauxhall sells VE Commodore based cars with factory superchargers.

Of course the handling would not be on the same level as the CTS-V. My issue with teh CTS-V sportwagon is that it looks like a lowered SRX CUV. Hell I have the same issue with the BMW 5 GT. Which I think looks to like an X6 dropped. The Commodore/G8 was suspension tuned on the "ring" just like CTS-V, Corvette, and Camaro. I was reading awhile ago about the G8 and the article stated that the same suspension engineers worked on the CTS/STS and Zeta platforms. As for the interior it is a hell of alot better then most other General offerings. To bad GM killed the G8 . It really should have been the Chevy Impala replacement in my opinion. I like the price of the Commodore/G8. I think it is one of the best performance bargains out there or was for a new car. Offers high end sport saloon performance for the price of a 328i here in the states. I have a soft spot for both the 04-06 GTO and the G8.
MikeyB....you make some good points

It probably wouldn't be that hard to ship a G8 wagon shell over here, then stuff an LS9 and other goodies in there. You should do it!!

And even though they killed the G8...there are still a handful of NEW G8 GXP's out there that haven't been sold. Still, you're right that it would have been awesome if they had brought over a GXP wagon...
__________________

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:04 AM   #971
mikeyb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raw-chest-ah, NH
Posts: 755
My Ride: Jet Black 01 325xit
Send a message via AIM to mikeyb74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
MikeyB....you make some good points

It probably wouldn't be that hard to ship a G8 wagon shell over here, then stuff an LS9 and other goodies in there. You should do it!!

And even though they killed the G8...there are still a handful of NEW G8 GXP's out there that haven't been sold. Still, you're right that it would have been awesome if they had brought over a GXP wagon...
I should do it huh? I am more likely to do a LS1/6spd swap into my Touring instead.

The last time I checked into the G8 GXP there was less than a dozen left on Pontiac lots and that was 4 months ago. I still think GM should bring the G8 back as the Impala and offer it in sedan, wagon, and ute variants. Hell it is sold as a Lumina in the Middleeast and as a Buick in Asia. Why not here.
__________________
The BMW e46 3er Sport Wagen...

"The station wagon that’s finally gorgeous enough, engaging enough to drive, and sufficiently
swell to lure folks out of those cumbersome utes." -Car and Driver

It's funny... people who drive anything expensive often get labeled by folks who drive less expensive cars. I have found, without exception, that douchebags cover all demographics and incomes. You can be an douchebag in either a Echo or an Escalade.
mikeyb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #972
AndrewBall
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 65
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323iT
Send a message via AIM to AndrewBall
[IMG]http://www.********************/Pictures/Andrew/bfc/uberwagon.jpg[/IMG]
am i doing it right?
AndrewBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #973
wooboodoo
Registered User
 
wooboodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 761
My Ride: is alpine white...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
[IMG]http://www.********************/Pictures/Andrew/bfc/uberwagon.jpg[/IMG]
am i doing it right?
It is your baby?

Regards,
mark
__________________


No matter which BMW model you drive, pure chiseled performance is the
pulsating heart of its DNA. Yet the 13th letter of the alphabet takes every
BMW built-in performance advantage and amps it up to the Mth degree.
Call it the Year of M.
D. Randy Riggs
wooboodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #974
shwagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 766
My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
[IMG]http://www.********************/Pictures/Andrew/bfc/uberwagon.jpg[/IMG]
am i doing it right?
why yes, yes you are...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #975
kimodo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 183
My Ride: Sportwagon
Is it just me.. the rear wheels are up front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
[IMG]http://www.********************/Pictures/Andrew/bfc/uberwagon.jpg[/IMG]
am i doing it right?

Last edited by kimodo; 03-31-2010 at 08:23 PM.
kimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #976
TiAgTouring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 1,587
My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBall View Post
[IMG]http://www.********************/Pictures/Andrew/bfc/uberwagon.jpg[/IMG]
am i doing it right?
yessss. AW is

If it were me, I'd have gunmetal CSLs, but either way, incredibly clean and well done :thumbsups:

Love the vinyl'd roof!! More pics please...
__________________

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #977
Fozzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Verl / Germany
Posts: 374
My Ride: 320iA touring
Send a message via ICQ to Fozzy
I donīt know why - but the roof and the frontbumper look pshopped to me.

but if itīs real - decent and hot !
__________________
Klick the sig for my full story
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #978
AndrewBall
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 65
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323iT
Send a message via AIM to AndrewBall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
I donīt know why - but the roof and the frontbumper look pshopped to me.

but if itīs real - decent and hot !


you are right my friend. Ive been waiting for spring to get them all on the car it is a pshop, and honestly i just noticed that it does look as though the front wheel is deeper. but yes. its a pshop.

bumper just came back from the shop last week with the paint on it. trim is painted. coil overs are sitting in boxes and the wheels are silver for now but they will be either black, or white, or silver. i think white csls might be cool.

black roof isnt a vinyl. i masked it off and painted it gloss black.

also getting m3 mirrors.

i live in philly currently and i move in may to a more friendly area. So ive been waiting to move to install the coil-overs. and bumper.
AndrewBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #979
Opt1mus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Holland, not NY :)
Posts: 375
My Ride: 320d exe Touring
Nice ! The mirrors will complete the look you've got going
just don't forget sideskirts and rearbumper

+1 for GunMetal wheels
__________________
Opt1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #980
AndrewBall
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 65
My Ride: 2000 BMW 323iT
Send a message via AIM to AndrewBall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt1mus View Post
Nice ! The mirrors will complete the look you've got going
just don't forget sideskirts and rearbumper

+1 for GunMetal wheels
what side skirts and rear bumpers can i do on the wagon i really want an m3 rear but that would require some serious body work. to cut the top of a touring bumper off and mend it onto an m3 bumper.
AndrewBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
touring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use