E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1841
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
wow. I dont know about the SMG, A little high priced but for specs and rarity value its not too bad. Was the non M e46 SMG a 5 speed or 6?
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #1842
mikeyb74

My Ride: Jet Black 01 325xit
Send a message via AIM to mikeyb74
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
Yeah super rare...and painted Mtech2 rear- could you get that from factory? I have also never seen a touring with those wheels...
The factory Mtech2 rear insert would have been unpainted. I think these wheels were just thrown on the car when it was traded in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
wow. I dont know about the SMG, A little high priced but for specs and rarity value its not too bad. Was the non M e46 SMG a 5 speed or 6?
The SMG was an option with the sport package from 10/03 on in sedan, touring, coupe, and convertible. It is a 6spd box. The transmission and the high price is whats holding me back from buying it. I looked at several 06-07s e91s for around the same price that have BMW CPO warranty.

"The station wagon thatís finally gorgeous enough, engaging enough to drive, and sufficiently
swell to lure folks out of those cumbersome utes." -Car and Driver

It's funny... people who drive anything expensive often get labeled by folks who drive less expensive cars. I have found, without exception, that douchebags cover all demographics and incomes. You can be an douchebag in either a Echo or an Escalade.

Last edited by mikeyb74; 09-09-2011 at 08:19 AM.
mikeyb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #1843
Jaundiced Outlook

My Ride: has a tailgate
The arrest-me red paint is sharp, and I really like the interior. The wood trim looks much better with the tan leather than it did with my wagon's gray leather (since swapped to piano black).

OBTW - there's a nice looking black '05 touring at Checkered Flag BMW in Virginia Beach. It has a regular slushbox, price in the $14-15K territory. I was over there getting a few piece parts for my latest DIY.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #1844
SexualChocolate

My Ride: 325iT/M5/10R/Aero750
I drove a new SMG E46 325Ci....it's uhhhh not my cup of tea in a non-M.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:27 AM   #1845
younGun392

My Ride: S.L.O.W
What a collection!
younGun392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #1846
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
yea, i drove a 330 with smg back in the day and found it to be very notchy - the m5 and m3 with smg seemed better
Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #1847
mikeyb74

My Ride: Jet Black 01 325xit
Send a message via AIM to mikeyb74
Very Notchy. I would rather have DCT or DSG.

"The station wagon thatís finally gorgeous enough, engaging enough to drive, and sufficiently
swell to lure folks out of those cumbersome utes." -Car and Driver

It's funny... people who drive anything expensive often get labeled by folks who drive less expensive cars. I have found, without exception, that douchebags cover all demographics and incomes. You can be an douchebag in either a Echo or an Escalade.
mikeyb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #1848
cm_weiand

My Ride: BMW 330i; BMW 325it
Because Wagon.

Just wanted to introduce myself sense i have been following this thread for awhile. The name is Christopher, stancing the wagon is the new game.

I purchased my wagon about 9 months ago and have since upgraded wheels, tires, grills, rotors, pads, and polyurethane bushings.

I have been using this forum for research for awhile now, including:
Powerflex Bushings

Bimmerbrakes.com (thanks Anthony)

Radiator swap

Now I am ready to move on to upgrading my suspension with KW Variant 3's, which brings me to this E46 Mecca! I have joined e46fanatics.com so i can get the most out of my future coilover purchase, future spacer purchase, and next tire purchase.

And maybe within a few years, Z4 6-speed swap, and supercharge her.

Here is my 325it sitting on Style 269 BMW Performance wheels. Front 18x8 and Rear 18x8.5.

Currently running 225/40 18 in the front and 255/35 18 in the rear (needs stretching)

Looking forward to having some Fun.

style 269's, nitto invos, turner blacked out grills, thule mnt bike rack, bimmerbrakes.com stop-tech premium drilled and slotted rotors, stop-tech street performace pads

Last edited by cm_weiand; 09-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.
cm_weiand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #1849
330i ZHP

nice and welcome
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #1850
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
White Touring ftw
Old 09-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #1851
cm_weiand

hey guys just a few questions.

Is there any other parts i should consider buying when i do the coilover install?

Also installing the fronts will be no problem, but how hard is it to access the rear strut towers?

style 269's, nitto invos, turner blacked out grills, thule mnt bike rack, bimmerbrakes.com stop-tech premium drilled and slotted rotors, stop-tech street performace pads
Old 09-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #1852
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Very nice AW touring! Welcome to the thread

What did you do with the radiator swap?

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #1853
cm_weiand

Thanks!

I replaced my radiator (Behr), the overflow tank, and hoses. Sorry for the wording, i didnt do anything crazy. lol

Old 09-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #1854
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
hhaha aw damn. Not like I need to catch the mod bug again though...

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #1855
330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm_weiand View Post

Is there any other parts i should consider buying when i do the coilover install?

Also installing the fronts will be no problem, but how hard is it to access the rear strut towers?
i would suggest getting the rear strut mounts from a vendor - i personally have the Turner RSMs and if you can afford it, why not get the front camber plates - I have Vorshlag and get the shorter/adjustable front sway bar links
Old 09-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #1856
Jaundiced Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm_weiand View Post
Compared to a sedan, it's quite a PITA. I replaced my rear shocks a few months ago, and I was amazed at the amount of stuff I had to remove to access the mount bolts. I just started working my way inwards. "Well, gee, to remove this I need to first remove this..." I tried to be methodical. You don't want to just start yanking on stuff or you'll break something.

Rear seat, cargo area trim panels, lower interior window trim, cargo floor, etc. Bentley won't help you out much, unfortunately. I went to the spaghetticoder website and printed out the work packages as I went along. As I removed each part I put the associated hardware in a baggie and taped it on. I was happy that I didn't have any leftover fasteners after reassembly.

Last edited by Jaundiced Outlook; 09-14-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Jaundiced Outlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #1857
330i ZHP

backseat doesnt need to come out
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #1858
DTMdan

My Ride: E53 X5 3.0i Sport
Send a message via AIM to DTMdan
Stuart... I booked the place for H2O, text me.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1859
Jaundiced Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
backseat doesnt need to come out
I'm sure it doesn't absolutely need to - YMMV. I had a hard time getting the forward floor piece out, which IIRC trapped the bottom lip of the side panels(where the speakers are located). Removing the floor piece was easy with the seat out of the way, which just took a few minutes with a torx bit. As a bonus I found some spare change underneath the seat...and a bunch of dog hair from the PO's pet.

No matter how you slice it, there's still a lot of crap to remove. When I mentioned that I had put in new dampers, a friend who owns a sedan said, "Oh, the rears are a piece of cake." I laughed, "Well, once you get to them!"
Old 09-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #1860
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
on sedans they are a piece of cake, wagons not so much. I think the side bolsters need to come out but not the seats themselves, but I didnt do my install so I cant say for sure, I just know its a PITA cause I had started investigating how to get to the rear speakers and gave up after 15 minutes...
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
touring