E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
toddkageals

My Ride: 2008 335i sport/prem
BMW Performance Suspension Kit

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...gid=5707&tab=1

Anybody know anything about this kit? I need all of that stuff and if it's a "better than stock" handling kit, I'm all over it at that price! My car has the sport package and I'm wondering how the two compare. Anybody got it?

Thanks,

Todd
toddkageals is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
I've been looking at that one too! It's pretty new so I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. I'm currently debating between that kit and the Koni FSD/Eibach combo...
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Wes328i

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to Wes328i
It says it includes new control arms as well I believe. Pretty sweet. Want to be the first and let us know what you think?
Wes328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
r3v1ls

My Ride: '01 325i
Quote:
It says it includes new control arms as well I believe. Pretty sweet. Want to be the first and let us know what you think?
Wow that's a real nice deal! Except I just realized that it doesn't include springs... but those are cheap.
r3v1ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
daniel_zhp

My Ride: 03 330i zhp
If you're in need of replacement, then go ahead. If you read the fine print, though, this is the same as your current sport package setup...the control arms may be an upgrade. I would consult the seller on the specifics first.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
thesunfell

My Ride: 330ci
no it is the same as the performance package (ZHP). which is a tiny bit lower than sport and a tiny bit tighter. not anything to write home to mom about but a subtle upgrade if you are again in need of replacement and you do not want to go aftermarket...

15% Tint all around on Steel Grey, Dinan CAI, H&R Sport Cupkit,
M3 steering wheel, ZHP Shift knob (best shift knob ever)
UUC underdrive pullies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Someone out there is driving a Kia typing in the Kia boards "How the hell can somone afford an M3 at $1200 per month?"
thesunfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
thesunfell

My Ride: 330ci
btw if you go with this kit look for a set of used zhp springs in the classifieds to match the shocks. that is the only way you will get the drop and springs wear out a bit slower than dampers on average roads so a used set will do you fine...

15% Tint all around on Steel Grey, Dinan CAI, H&R Sport Cupkit,
M3 steering wheel, ZHP Shift knob (best shift knob ever)
UUC underdrive pullies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Someone out there is driving a Kia typing in the Kia boards "How the hell can somone afford an M3 at $1200 per month?"
thesunfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #8
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
you can get coilovers for the same price
Old 01-12-2008, 12:20 AM   #9
VillanovaGrad

My Ride: M3 M5 X3
h&r + koni or bilsteins is better choice
VillanovaGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
pretty sure it's just the sport package '226 option and the zhp control arms. if you look it makes sure you input the VIN so you get bmws specs for that cars options and weight.

look for member "jpr" as he has all this info indepth. no one on here does as much searching on suspension specs than him.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
toddkageals

If it includes control arms and has all of the dampers, that's a hell of a deal. The problem is that is says specifically that it's not for cars with option 226 which I believe my car has (sport package). If this is ZHP or even just replacement for the sport package, it's still a great deal and I want it!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
Nemesis330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci & X5 3.0D
I'd just add 200bucks and get a set of Bilstein coilovers. Atleast THEY come with springs, and I can bet the ride will be better.

Official Vredestein Press image showing propper tire mounting.
Nemesis330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
GRIDLOCK

My Ride: E36 / E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis330Ci View Post
I'd just add 200bucks and get a set of Bilstein coilovers. Atleast THEY come with springs, and I can bet the ride will be better.
+1

Have an EVAP code? Replacing gas cap did not fix? Give me a holler, I can do a smoke test for ya.
GRIDLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #14
bknuklz14

My Ride: 2000 323i
Additional front/rear shocks
Additional springs & installation parts may be required***

does this have to be ordered seperate?
bknuklz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #15
toddkageals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknuklz14 View Post
Additional front/rear shocks
Additional springs & installation parts may be required***

does this have to be ordered seperate?
I know it does not include the springs. I think "additiona shock absorber" refers to the bump stops. I have emailed Tischer to see if they know what parts are included in the kit and why it says "not for cars with option 226". As for the coil overs, etc.......yeah....they are $200.00 more but that does NOT include control arms and I need ALL the stuff listed in this kit so for the money, this is the best option for me right now. If anyone knows for sure what's in this kit and if you can use it with a car that already has the sport package, please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd
Old 01-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
antzcrashing

My Ride: 2006 330i
won't coilovers be much more harsh than a full zhp suspension? I agree with this purchase if it includes all dampers and control arms
Old 01-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #17
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddkageals View Post
I know it does not include the springs. I think "additiona shock absorber" refers to the bump stops. I have emailed Tischer to see if they know what parts are included in the kit and why it says "not for cars with option 226". As for the coil overs, etc.......yeah....they are $200.00 more but that does NOT include control arms and I need ALL the stuff listed in this kit so for the money, this is the best option for me right now. If anyone knows for sure what's in this kit and if you can use it with a car that already has the sport package, please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd
are you sure it doesn't come with springs??

i think the only reason it say not for cars with option '226, is for the reason it's the same parts. just like some parts in the BMW-P catalog say not for cars with zhp option. since they already have it.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
toddkageals

Well....there's no mention of springs in the parts list so I assume no springs are included. I should know more tomorrow if I get an answer to my message to Tischer BMW. I'll keep everyone posted with what I find out.

Todd
Old 01-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
toddkageals

I priced the parts seperately and came up with around $1100.00 so if in fact that is the factory sport suspension or the ZHP suspension (that would be awesome), that's a pretty nice discount.

Todd
Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #20
toddkageals

I asked if the kit would fit my 2001 330i with sport package and this is the response I got from Jason at Tischer BMW. I have asked another question about the springs and the "coupe" stuff on my sedan and will post the response I get. If everything seems OK with the response on the springs and coupe stuff, I am going to order this kit in the next week or so. I'll let everyone know how it fits/handles when I get it all installed.

Todd

"Yes, the kit will fit your car, just as long as you provide a VIN number when ordering so we can get the correct components w/ the kit for you. The kit is identical to the ZHP performance package suspension kit found in the '02-'06(coupe) ZHP 330ci's/i's. So it is significantly different than the ZSP sport package suspension that your car has now. Thanks!"