E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #81
TAILWAG

My Ride: 911EVT775 /Noble M12
Quote:
Originally Posted by campygoob View Post
OK, I'm Married, 49, my wife isn't a car person. I bought her a new car a year ago. I offered her a 3 series with an "AUTO" equipped to her choice. She declined. She ended up with a 2007 Civic EX with Nav and Sirius. Getting her to go to that from the LX was a chore. I have instilled the importance of good maintenance into her mind. AT least one good point.

I got into her car and noticed a red spot on the driver's side carpet. I said "did you cut yourself"? "No", she answered, "I dropped my lipstick"

I cleaned up the spot.

The next time she got into My car, she pulled down the visor and started to put on her lipstick. I said "OK, Pocahontas, enough with the war paint". It didn't go over well.

I've started to use the "AIS" Procedure. I ask her when she will be ready to go. SHe gives me a tie and I say "AIS" and the time. AIS = A$$ IN Seat.

I have left her.

Fred
the funniest thing I have read all day...LOL!!
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #82
RudeBoiM3

My Ride: E46 BMW M3
EVERYONE that sits in my car the first time either closes the door too soft, slams it too hard, or uses the window to close it and not the handles leaving fingerprints all over the windows... its is freeking frustrating!
I just make it a point to tell everyone before they get off the car to 'not touch the window please while closing the door'... they usually get it the first time... they know this cars special so they respect it.
RudeBoiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #83
terryp007

My Ride: Jet Black 2003 ///M3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihs 328i View Post
tell them not to like a joke like "shut it harder next time will ya"
Good one! In the past I would say "did you get that DOOR CLOSED okay???"

I don't know why, but very girl I dated slammed the door, and I'm over 50 so I've dated a long time. I just fockin hate seeing the huge handprint on the window the next day too.

My current Hun however has never slammed the doors on my car and I haven't had to teach her, and she loves my M almost as much as I do.

Gotta keep her.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:56 AM   #84
Paco///M3

My Ride: 2002 M3
just let them know not to do it but don't say it in a rude way. I did that when I took a girl out after the first time she slammed my door and did so by pushing on the glass. As we got back in, she did it again and she saw me cringe and with a smile apologized. We got out and she did it again. She apologized and said, "why is that door so heavy?" I kind of laughed because she is only 110lbs so I let it slide. The 4th time she did it, it really pissed me off because she spilled a drink as she got in. I told her: "My car is my property and my property deserves respect. Now you have three options,
1)let me get the door for you
2)learn how to close it
3)if you don't do either, you'll understand why I cringe everytime you slam the door because your head will be the buffer between the car and the door."
She laughed and said she'd go with #1. I guess she thought I was joking but we ended up going with option 1 from then on out.
Paco///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #85
Ultim8-One

My Ride: 2006 Carbon Black M3
Your car ... your rules. Simply "ask" them to use the door handle to close the door from the outside. I gave my wife and 2 kids a lesson on how to shut my doors when I got my M3. Only took a few seconds and it has saved me many hours of anger and resentment !!
Ultim8-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #86
RudeBoiM3

My Ride: E46 BMW M3
... and i hate how ppl use their hands to wipe the windows when it gets foggy from inside.... leaves a mark only wipeable by windex!
RudeBoiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #87
Tp///M3

My Ride: CarbonBlack_/_/_/M3
To me, I just ask them nicely and they usually do what I ask. My wife knows how much I love the car so she wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't do. I love my wife

CB/IR, 20% GlossBlack PowderCoated HRE C20, PSS9, AA Gen.4 Exhaust, OEM CSL BOOTLID, Ebay CSL Diffuser, PowerFlex RTAB, AutoSolutions SSK, ZHP Knob, ZCP Brakes, Intravee II for Ipod, CDV Free, That's all for now.
Tp///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #88
grkm3

My Ride: Money Pit
Send a message via AIM to grkm3
The worse is all the jewelry they wear, which ends up scratching the sh!t out of the car. I know they don't mean to, but it ridiculous.

Coming Soon: Open to suggestions

grkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #89
JimmyDick

My Ride: 02 ///M3
could we sticky this

this has really been causing me issues also
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #90
grkm3

My Ride: Money Pit
Send a message via AIM to grkm3
I think im gonna end up taking all the seats out of my car, leaving only the driver side in and welding the passenger door shut. problem solved.

Coming Soon: Open to suggestions

grkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #91
R3IGNman

My Ride: it depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco///M3 View Post
just let them know not to do it but don't say it in a rude way. I did that when I took a girl out after the first time she slammed my door and did so by pushing on the glass. As we got back in, she did it again and she saw me cringe and with a smile apologized. We got out and she did it again. She apologized and said, "why is that door so heavy?" I kind of laughed because she is only 110lbs so I let it slide. The 4th time she did it, it really pissed me off because she spilled a drink as she got in. I told her: "My car is my property and my property deserves respect. Now you have three options,
1)let me get the door for you
2)learn how to close it
3)if you don't do either, you'll understand why I cringe everytime you slam the door because your head will be the buffer between the car and the door."
She laughed and said she'd go with #1. I guess she thought I was joking but we ended up going with option 1 from then on out.
Wow...If this is a true story, then let me be the first to say...that "three option" speech should never have happened. Mentioning anything that has to do with bashing a girls head usually isn't a good move, joking or not. It's a tell tell sign of someone who lacks skills to function with the female gender.

On the other hand, more power to you for speaking your mind. It may have been a bit too much though, especially for a first date bro, lol.

They're just cars...sounds like some people on here would rather spend a romantic night with their car, rather than a woman.

Last edited by R3IGNman; 01-23-2008 at 03:45 PM.
R3IGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #92
PlatoM3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp///M3 View Post
To me, I just ask them nicely and they usually do what I ask. My wife knows how much I love the car so she wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't do. I love my wife
I like your response, it just makes common sense. Ask nicely and people understand and don't take offense.

I don't get it the problem with closing the door. I just ask whoever is getting in or out to take care when closing the door. Everyone seems to get it and closes it firmly but never slamming it. Never had a problem with this issue so far.
P.
PlatoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #93
KOTYKB

My Ride: 2003.5 M3 & CBR600RR
Send a message via AIM to KOTYKB
Tip # 37: Make sure you have a ton of random crap in your car so you don't have to take the M3 to lunch!
KOTYKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #94
///mvme

My Ride: 2001 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPORIOO View Post
warn them, tell them next time they slam your door you will slam their head against the dash
damn thats love right there lol
///mvme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #95
barryze46

My Ride: e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKtRAINE3 View Post
I tell them all the f0ckin time to stop f0cking slamming the door... they just tell me to shut up and then I like a little .
this guy..
barryze46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #96
calvinf1

My Ride: Honda Civic
drive your beater instead.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #97
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin weiß ///M
Your fault for not training them

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #98
fdevita

My Ride: 2003 M3 Convertible
note to self

note to self (especially for you single guys thinking about marrying some day in the future) - girl with messy car = girl with messy house
fdevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #99
fdevita

My Ride: 2003 M3 Convertible
please send training instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Your fault for not training them
I think you have a gold mine here. Please send the video, book, pamphlet, whatever. I will help you figure out how to market and sell it!

LOL
fdevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #100
Nelson
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Alpin weiß ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdevita View Post
I think you have a gold mine here. Please send the video, book, pamphlet, whatever. I will help you figure out how to market and sell it!

LOL
We'll be rich!

///M
| eBay mod'ing sUUCks
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote