E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
ChadE7320

My Ride: E90 / ATR-72
Send a message via AIM to ChadE7320
How many people would give up friends for girlfriends?

Just trying to figure out if I am in the wrong here and the only one who thinks like this. Me and my girl friend of a year just broke up because I didnt tell her about talking to one of my best girlfriends back home (I have known her for like 18 years).

Now the reason I dont tell her is because she gets pissed off if I talk to them. I know that that part of me is wrong; but i just cant bring my self to let go of people who have been there for me for 20+ years for some one I have known a year, Regardless of how serious the relationship is. I really love this girl and we have had discussions of marriage and what not in the future. But no matter how many times I try to explain that these girls are just friends (not to mention the live 600+ miles away) she just wont have it.

Her latest power trip before we broke up she was trying to get me to delete my facebook and change my cell number so people wont call and ****, and thats pretty much when i drew the line.

Now my question is am i in the wrong here? Should I really give up FRIENDS and things of that nature for her. She makes me feel like such a shitty person and is very manipulative haha making me feel like im in the wrong. Now it has me thinking?

Sorry for the rant just had to get this off and make sure I didnt have a "****ed up way of thinking"

I think i am doing the right thing regardless of how much I love her I just think i would regret letting go of my friends.

Last edited by ChadE7320; 01-21-2008 at 02:21 PM.
ChadE7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
TOMMY G

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335 6MT
damn, she was hotttt too.....

well heres my take on it, if the girl is jealous of your friends regardless of their sex then you dont want to be with that kind of girl. i have dated a jealous girl and it was nothing but drama anytime my phone rang.
i met my wife and i can introduce her to anyone. she actually has hung out with a girl i "dated" and she was fine with it....if she trys to make you choose then youre going to lose.....everytime

now go post up all those pictures you had of her dood
TOMMY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
ininfinitum
Super Nintendo Chalmers

My Ride: 330
No girl should EVER have the power to make you give up your close friends. That's just plain disrespectful.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE7320 View Post
Now my question is am i in the wrong here? Should I really give up FRIENDS and things of that nature for her. She makes me feel like such a shitty person and is very manipulative haha making me feel like im in the wrong. Now it has me thinking?

What most don't realize is, when in true theres nothing to change. You shouldn't give up your friends because they know who you truly are vs your manipulative gf.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY G View Post
damn, she was hotttt too.....

well heres my take on it, if the girl is jealous of your friends regardless of their sex then you dont want to be with that kind of girl. i have dated a jealous girl and it was nothing but drama anytime my phone rang.
i met my wife and i can introduce her to anyone. she actually has hung out with a girl i "dated" and she was fine with it....if she trys to make you choose then youre going to lose.....everytime

now go post up all those pictures you had of her dood
good to know there are girls out there like yours man...thats my dream girl. I took this one back to NC with me and even introduced her these girls and she had a ****ing cow!

And dont worry pics will be updated soon haha.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
TOMMY G

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335 6MT
thats insecurity honestly. im sure im quite a bit older than you, it will come around. dont let it sour you though....it will come around and it will just feel right
TOMMY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
Brar

My Ride: e39 m5
Send a message via AIM to Brar
**** that ****
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY G View Post
thats insecurity honestly. im sure im quite a bit older than you, it will come around. dont let it sour you though....it will come around and it will just feel right
Yea good to hear...im sure I will find someone like that one day. Hard to find girls in this career though. You have to have someone you trust and trusts you and you have to have one that can also be independent for when im gone so much. But oh well **** will work out. No worries. Just needed to make sure I wasnt wrong for not letting them go.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Nismode

My Ride: Accord EX
Send a message via AIM to Nismode Send a message via MSN to Nismode Send a message via Yahoo to Nismode Send a message via Skype™ to Nismode
Ftp
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
vitamin water = Kool-Aid for white people
Need a photoshoot? PM me for details.
Nismode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
InfinitiStyle

My Ride: :ediR yM
dude.. being in a relationship means bringing 2 lives together, BUT NEVER forget who you are.
You are a person, with friends and you have a conscious.
Dont let her expectations get in the way of that. You are who you are. DONT forget that.
A person is unique in their own way and SHOULDNT be molded to another persons ways.

I myself am in this insecurity/jealously problem, and i have learned to continue being myself. Its her problem if she thinks like that. Maybe you should confront her for thinking in the "worst-case scenario" about you when she sees a conflict arising.
InfinitiStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
goofy10

My Ride: 1
I pretty much stopped talking to my friends because of my ex-gf. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.. but thank God I have true friends and they understood the situation completely. I stopped talking to both my guy and girl friends because of her.. she would always b!tch and say I pay more attention to them then I do to her, but whatever.. She's out of my life now.
goofy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #12
m3 her0

My Ride: 2004 m3
Send a message via AIM to m3 her0
michael scott put it best

m3 her0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #13
Skybum

My Ride: 325Ci
Ditch the *****. She sounds psycho.
Skybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
#1 - She's jacked up for being insecure and jealous and trying to cut you off from people you've known your whole life. I can understand a g/f not wanting you to spend ALL your time or attention on ex-g/fs, especially if it's at the expense of her, but not wanting you to speak to them at all is crazy.

#2 - You're jacked up, because you were knowingly in a relationship with someone you recognized as insecure, manipulative and made you feel like a shitty person. And to do things that you think were acceptable and even morally correct (keeping in touch with old friends) you did them in secret, behind her back, instead of dealing with the reason for the conflict. And you say you loved her and were discussing marriage? wtf?

I'm glad you're rid of her, just make sure you stay that way. And re-think what you consider a healthy adult relationship before you get involved in your next one.

Sorry for the bluntness, but that's the way I see it. $0.02

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #15
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
#1 - She's jacked up for being insecure and jealous and trying to cut you off from people you've known your whole life. I can understand a g/f not wanting you to spend ALL your time or attention on ex-g/fs, especially if it's at the expense of her, but not wanting you to speak to them at all is crazy.

#2 - You're jacked up, because you were knowingly in a relationship with someone you recognized as insecure, manipulative and made you feel like a shitty person. And to do things that you think were acceptable and even morally correct (keeping in touch with old friends) you did them in secret, behind her back, instead of dealing with the reason for the conflict. And you say you loved her and were discussing marriage? wtf?

I'm glad you're rid of her, just make sure you stay that way. And re-think what you consider a healthy adult relationship before you get involved in your next one.

Sorry for the bluntness, but that's the way I see it. $0.02
No worries your 100% right. And it wasnt girlfriends and in ex's were talking girlfriends as in girls ive never so much as kissed.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #16
Hrvat

My Ride: 02 Imola Red M3
Dude, forget her.

I went thru same thing. Lost all my friends while with her, had to delete all girls from MSN, was questioned constantly about who I was talking/hanging out with. She made me feel like sh1t. She obviously did this because she's insecure and hates herself. A person that loves him/herself doesn't do stuff like that.

Run far away and don't look back.

PM ME FOR FREE SAMPLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoah View Post
so 2004 bmw's dont come with a diff?
Hrvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #17
kydspd

My Ride: 328i
maniacal bltches. no place for em'
you need a girl thats gonna wanna be friends with your friends, or at least st fu and let you be.
kydspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #18
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
its always a tricky situation when you have best friends of the opposite sex when it comes to relationships. It is in the woman's instinct to feel some sort of insecurity and that is millions of years of evolution..can't fight it. It's how she deals with that insecurity and how you put up with it is the key.

I found it makes life easier if I do everything I can to make sure my SO and my friends, ESPECIALLY of the opposite sex, hit it off.
I'd be uncomfortable myself if my girl had close friends of the opposite sex so I can't totally diss them when they feel the same towards my "girl"friends

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #19
ChadE7320

Man Im glad I made this thread this is basically whats making me not give into her bull ****. Thank all you guys for being there and reassuring me Im making the right decision.

I just sent about an 8 page text. Telling her not to talk to me again until she was ready to grow up and be secure with her self and our relationship. I told her I will pick my friends boys or girls over her any day regardless of how much I love her and if she loved me as much she wouldn't put me in a position to choose.

Thats the cliff notes haha. Thanks again guys
Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE7320 View Post
Man Im glad I made this thread this is basically whats making me not give into her bull ****. Thank all you guys for being there and reassuring me Im making the right decision.

I just sent about an 8 page text. Telling her not to talk to me again until she was ready to grow up and be secure with her self and our relationship. I told her I will pick my friends boys or girls over her any day regardless of how much I love her and if she loved me as much she wouldn't put me in a position to choose.

Thats the cliff notes haha. Thanks again guys
lol you should have just sent her the cliff notes, make it sound simple like you don't care