E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 AM   #41
avidity

My Ride: TiAg 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to avidity
just out of curiosity, you guys are basically assuming that you will break up with a girlfriend for sure, right? let's just assume that one of these girlfriends will bound to become your wife (assuming you want to get married and you eventually meet the right person)...are you guys basically saying that there's no way you're going to make a girlfriend more important than some friends unless you guys get engaged/married? or still maybe not even then? just wondering
Old 01-22-2008, 03:27 AM   #42
MTreyM

My Ride: MTrey, E60
One question....what the hell is she doing out the kitchen much less trying to tell you what to do.

Girls these days think they can control guys, I blame all the "guys" who apparently were born without any balls or brains that let them.
MTreyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #43
Pasha

My Ride: E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 her0 View Post
michael scott put it best

^^ +1
Old 01-22-2008, 05:48 AM   #44
Pasha

My Ride: E30
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidity View Post
just out of curiosity, you guys are basically assuming that you will break up with a girlfriend for sure, right? let's just assume that one of these girlfriends will bound to become your wife (assuming you want to get married and you eventually meet the right person)...are you guys basically saying that there's no way you're going to make a girlfriend more important than some friends unless you guys get engaged/married? or still maybe not even then? just wondering
I will never merry or have the desire to marry any girl who tries to manipulate my circle of friends.... if the gf is indeed my "future wife", then she'll be one who isn't a psychopath/manipulative b!tch... period. Think about it, if this future "wife" material you speak of does as much as tell you who to be (or not to be) friends with now... just try and imagine what you life will be like 10 years with her....
Old 01-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #45
Spiral Prophet
Über-Geek

My Ride: '01 Topaz Blue 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Spiral  Prophet
GFs are a dime a dozen.. found easily.. good friends are harder to find.. especially ones that have stuck around and been friends for so long.. those are as close to family as you're going to get..

So the question is would you ditch family for a GF.. HELL NO!!!

Ditch her and find someone who isn't a jealous manipulative B|tch.

~T|/\/\
Spiral  Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #46
kush
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: gti
depends on how hot the girl is but I wouldn't sacrifice a close friend for any girl... worst I would do is not hang out with them as much if the girl was really banging and a cool chick... Some people just disappear when they get p----
kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #47
ChadE7320

My Ride: E90 / ATR-72
Send a message via AIM to ChadE7320
Yea...Thanks for all the help guys.

So even if you were planning on spending the rest of your life with that person...you still wouldn't give up some of your close friends right (female)?

Damn this girl messes with my head. And some people on here are saying that you shouldn't mind getting rid of them if you wanted to marry the person.

I still feel like im in the right here though. Ive tried to talk to her about it and come to a mutual agreement. But shes still saying facebook has to go and no talking or texting these girls that are my friends. So idk, I mean i really do care about her but just dont think the relationship should come down to this. To me having to choose between her and my friends.

So I dont know i guess we will see where this goes. Last night I was sure of what I was doing. Now that shes been texting me and apparently manuplating the way i think I dont know what to do haha.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #48
dkangman

My Ride: is Hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
You did the right thing, never change for a girl, your life will be miserable, just look at 60% of the men out there, getting controlled by their wives, gf's, etc. Can't go out, can't talk to friends, can't do anything they want to, have to asked for permission from wife, pathetic, if you asked me.

I make it clear in my all my relationships (I've been in quite a few), I do whatever I want, if you try to change that, get out of my life, I will never be inconsiderate, I will try to do the right thing, I will be loyal and reasonable and I expect the same from her, if not, there are a billion fishes in the sea.
If your life is being controlled by your partner, you are being whipped!
dkangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #49
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangman69 View Post
If your life is being controlled by your partner, you are being whipped!
Thank you...just out of curiosity how old are you?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #50
dkangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Prophet View Post
GFs are a dime a dozen.. found easily.. good friends are harder to find.. especially ones that have stuck around and been friends for so long.. those are as close to family as you're going to get..

So the question is would you ditch family for a GF.. HELL NO!!!

Ditch her and find someone who isn't a jealous manipulative B|tch.

~T|/\/\
No offense but looking for the right woman is not that easy, unless you are paying her. If you are looking just for a G/F fine, it might be easy. But, as some say, if you love her, it is because there are two reasons:
1. You are stupid and you are getting your feelings confused
2. You feel that it is the right person to share you life with.

If you love a girl, and it is #2, won't you sacrifice something for her? I bet she will be sacrificing a lot for you, too (hopefully).
If your girl tells you to ditch your family, then it is another topic. Being manipulative is something different.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #51
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
just remember..when most of you guys are out of school, with a real career and other responsbilities, it'll be hard enough to find the right amount of time to spend with wife/gf. Any time leftover after that will be with friends. My friends know that, and I know to expect that out of them as well.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #52
EMPORIOO

My Ride: 330ci, 335i
Old 01-22-2008, 06:05 PM   #53
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPORIOO View Post
**** it haha

Last edited by ChadE7320; 01-22-2008 at 06:16 PM.
ChadE7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #54
dkangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I View Post
just remember..when most of you guys are out of school, with a real career and other responsbilities, it'll be hard enough to find the right amount of time to spend with wife/gf. Any time leftover after that will be with friends. My friends know that, and I know to expect that out of them as well.
Aleluyah!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #55
ChadE7320

Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I View Post
True that... its so hard to find a woman to put up with my career.

Im a pilot and gone 4 days a week some times. How many women/girls in there 20s are looking for that or can you trust leaving them there that long haha. Those type are rare.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #56
dkangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadE7320 View Post
**** it haha

SH***T! I don' know how helpful you female-friend is, but I will leave all my friends for her!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #57
NoLe1123

My Ride: 'ohfo tre deuce five
damn man, i have a similar problem....my g.f. of a yr n half gets pissy everytime she goes on my myspace and sees i have more pics of my car then of her...i dont kno wat to do...i think the b!tch has to go.......

im not gunna get rid of her...she jus has to understand and all three of us can be together...

seriously tho, if she wanted to make me stop bein friends with one of my friends i wouldnt be havin it, unless she had a legit reason lyk the friend in question made a move on her or something.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
NoLe1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM   #58
Mo_Zhp

My Ride: Sedan E30 m20b25
Send a message via AIM to Mo_Zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 her0 View Post
michael scott put it best

"Any BMW I'll ever own has already been built."
Mo_Zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #59
dzlnitro

My Ride: 99 323is, 00 323Ci
Send a message via AIM to dzlnitro Send a message via MSN to dzlnitro
i never really had a girlfriend i'd say, technically you can say I did, it was for about 2 months. I never dicked my friends over and had plenty of time for them, cause I've seen 2 of my best friends i've had completely dick me over for their girlfriends leading up to the eventual them **** talking about how she didnt like his friends. My former best friend has done this with 2 girls. Each time he breaks up with them he literally comes crying to me for support, but after the 2nd one, I thought of how much of a selfish prick he was. I have no sympathy for no one who respects people that have been through thick and thin with em. I'm still friends with him but I barley talk to him or hang out with him. Me and this kid go back to language school pre-k. I've known him my entire life, considered him a brother.
dzlnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #60
ianbiz

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
Chad, as hot and wonderful she is, it may not be worth it. Srsly, you're 19 (20 in like 2 days), you still be able to hang out with the people you grew up with.
I could understand if you were in your mid to late 20's and looking for a wife, to settle down and raise a family, but umm.. (i dont know what your plan is for this).
Chad, I personally think she is trying to control you a little too much, if anything, go to HH without her and see how that goes, if she can accept you hanging out with friends, I think you guys could work it out...
Call me sometime, we need to chill.

ianbiz is offline   Reply With Quote