E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
SmoKed_B33meR

My Ride: 330i
LED TAILIGHTS for SEDAN

Hey fellas, I've been researching upgrades for my taillights and I've found one unit to be my main interest. Can any of you help me find these for cheaper???? They ask for $419 (with LED trunk lights) and $320 in some places for just the actual light units!! Here are the links of places where I've looked.

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...ifted_sedan_PR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...em350017713818

I'm planning on getting them in the spring, hoping it's enough time for the price to lower a bit, but I think im being too optimistic.
SmoKed_B33meR is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
destruct007

My Ride: 2002 330i 4dr 5spd
yeah those are cool I've not seen that kinda around much. I'd avoid ebay ones they get mixes up on what fits what. I got a piar that said they were for '02 model year and they didn't fit, turns out they are for 99-01. Kinda annoying.
Anyway, their not the same but they are cheaper for coupe looking ones for the sedan at $250 from jlevi
http://jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-E46-3-Series-Lighting/c30_33_35/p630/M3-Style-LED-Tail-Lights-E46-Sedan-(Choose-Model-&-Color)/product_info.html?osCsid=37070fc10efb2c29c3a9edac26b05b3a

Last edited by destruct007; 01-24-2008 at 12:52 PM.
destruct007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
knsaber

My Ride: 2005 330xi
The one you linked on modbargains are not M3 style LEDs btw.

I bought mine from www.bimmian.com for $274, and it looks cheaper on jlevisw.com

Predator Orion | AC Style Deck + Roof Spoiler | K&N 57-Series CAI | UUC StrutBarbarian | H&R Rear Sway Bar | Enkei EKM3 18x8 | Philips 6000K HID Fogs | LED Tail Lights

2007 Z4 M Roadster Imola Red

knsaber.com
knsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Bimmian.com

It doesent really matter where you go as long as their Eagle Eyes.

I think all the main sponsors sell the same ones.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
We have Eagle Eye LED Tails available for your sedan if you are interested for $260 Shipped. Smoked or Clear are available as well. If you buy off of Ebay make sure you find Eagle Eye LED Tails
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
with the exchange rate of the pound to the dollar, not sure what you're talking about as being expensive. one very important thing is that the european versions of lights caused issues on usa models. so it's very likely the usa versions will cause issues with UK models. has to do with check lights and programming of the car.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Shannon C

My Ride: Fern Green 318i exec
Coupe style Eagle Eyes (with resistors) - no "light out" warnings.

LED Tails / LED Plate Lights / LED Interior Lights / Angel Eyes / Smoked Corners / Smoked Side Indicators / Low beams - Narva Arctic Blue / High beams - Narva Plus 50 / Gauge Rings / Black Grille / Roof Spoiler / Boot Lip Spolier / Licence Plate Holder Deleted / Tinted windows / Style 44 Wheels/Coilovers.
Shannon C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
with the exchange rate of the pound to the dollar, not sure what you're talking about as being expensive. one very important thing is that the european versions of lights caused issues on usa models. so it's very likely the usa versions will cause issues with UK models. has to do with check lights and programming of the car.
The OP is from New England, not England (not sure if that's why you were mentioning exchange rate of pounds to dollars and UK light models or not).

To the OP... as others have mentioned here, definitely go with the Eagle Eyes sedan LED taillights. I've had no issues thus far with my smoked Eagle Eyes LED taillights.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Thanks for the recommendation. We have the sedan version by Eagle Eyes and ours are DOT approved. We have them on sale and in stock for 02-05 sedans, 99-01s are coming in a couple of weeks.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
BartenderPlease
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 328i Sport
Go with the facelift style LED's!

awaits: hot cams, headers, tune
AERA Performance Engine Builder
| BBS | FK | Rogue Eng | K&N | Exhaust | 330i Brakes |
| b30 manifold | ported head | FX-R/Orion V4 | LEDs |
| Alcantara | Khoalty Knob | JL Audio |

BartenderPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Dan99

My Ride: 2001 330xi
The one on the ebay site is a better deal, but if you buy that one, then you should also look for the other 2 pieces
Dan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
The OP is from New England, not England (not sure if that's why you were mentioning exchange rate of pounds to dollars and UK light models or not).
doh! yep messed that one up. guess i missed the small detail of "new" before the england. nevermind.....
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
BM325XI

My Ride: 325XI
I love the look of the r/c/r leds but I have not been able to find them for a 2003 sedan. Where can I get them?
BM325XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
initialandrew

My Ride: BMW 330i ZHP w/ Navi
The facelift style would be good if they had an led blinker section. Since they don't my vote is for m3 style.

I went thru this exact same dilema a few months ago and made the choice for m3 style...have not regretted it once.
initialandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #15
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
^^^
Old 01-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Personally i love my Eagle Eye LEDs. I don't like how the feacelifted LEDSs, turn signal isn't LEDs, it just annoys me. But i love mine and its your personal choice

i got mine $250 shipped from umnitza
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
SmoKed_B33meR

My Ride: 330i
BARTENDERPLEASE, YES!!!! THese are the exact ones! Did you get them from one of the links i provided or did you purchase them elsewhere, if so where & how much?

KNSABER, I know they're not the m3 styles..I originally had wanted them smoked but I then got sucked into giving my sedan the updated look of the 02-05 look because I've got an 01. What kept me from getting the 02-05 taillights in the first place was because they didn't have LED's and that's the way to go. I also agree with INITIALANDREW, the only thing that turns me off about the LED facelifts is that they don't have LED blinkers. With the money they're charging for the sets i've looked at, they should have them right? I bet late this year they'l come out with that version and the version im looking for now will lower in price too...resulting in me kicking myself in the @$$ for not being patient.

Also the other reason why im getting the LED's is because im planning to purchase medium smoked tailight film to match with my 35% tints.

Last edited by SmoKed_B33meR; 01-24-2008 at 07:41 PM.
SmoKed_B33meR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
MatthewLFD

My Ride: 550i 6spd + Corvette

Got mine from BavarianX (site sponsor)
MatthewLFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoKed_B33meR View Post
BARTENDERPLEASE, YES!!!! THese are the exact ones! Did you get them from one of the links i provided or did you purchase them elsewhere, if so where & how much?

KNSABER, I know they're not the m3 styles..I originally had wanted them smoked but I then got sucked into giving my sedan the updated look of the 02-05 look because I've got an 01. What kept me from getting the 02-05 taillights in the first place was because they didn't have LED's and that's the way to go. I also agree with INITIALANDREW, the only thing that turns me off about the LED facelifts is that they don't have LED blinkers. With the money they're charging for the sets i've looked at, they should have them right? I bet late this year they'l come out with that version and the version im looking for now will lower in price too...resulting in me kicking myself in the @$$ for not being patient.

Also the other reason why im getting the LED's is because im planning to purchase medium smoked tailight film to match with my 35% tints.
If your car is pre-facelift i would get the Red/Clear..........

the tails look extremely clean. I even got Red/Clear on my facelifted sedan, because they are clean like no other
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote