E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Got my Cab lowered today =)

3K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  lilherc79 
#1 ·
Enjoy

#3 ·
Looks great.. my cab is silver too.. I am waiting for my ACS springs to arrive.. but I guess I'll have to admire yours for the time being.

#8 ·
Question?

What spring you use to have that kind of drop. It looks really nice! I love it. I am about to lower my cab too but I am looking about for the best lowering spring. help me out will you:D

#9 · (Edited)
I used the H&R Sport/Race.
I say Sport/Race because it depends on your stock suspension.
The Sport and Race springs have the exact same part number from H&R, 29484.

If you have the regular suspension, 29484 will be classified as RACE (Blue Color) which will lower your car by 2.0F/1.3R. But if you have the sport suspension (M-TECH), it will be classified as SPORT (Red Color). It will lower the car by 0.75F/0.25R. which is what I gone with.

Believe me when I say I checked and double checked the specs before I got the springs. So i say you are safe to go with 29484, IF you have the sport package. Or else, your car will be slammed!

One thing I am not sure of is that you have a 325. I don't know if the springs are interchangable between 330 and 325s. maybe someone on the board can find out. or tell your shop the part number and have them verify if it fits a 325.

Good Luck!

Thanks to Tommy Mayer from Germany for some useful info!:thumbup:

#11 ·
Well, mine ride is sport package come with it, but I heard alot of people used Race HR spring, but I never seem it drop in cab. So, your is HR race spring drop .75f/.25r rite? how come the picture look more than .75f/.25r drop? you did have anything different rite?:D

here is my ride, look like a 4x4 don't you think. :D

Attachments

#12 ·
simsima325 said:
lilherc79: How wide are your rims/tires in the back? it looks sweeeeet, are you having any rubbing issues, and did u roll the fenders? btw the car is looking awesome, and i like the coupe vs. sedan comparo shots. :thumbup:
-brendan
Thanks for the compliments.

I have 19x10s in the back on 265/30/19s

I did roll the fenders. although it didn't really cause any rubbing during regular driving except going up drive ways or slanted. But after the rolling, I figured I still have some room left, either for 275s =) or 10mm Spacers =(...

#13 ·
325cic said:
Well, mine ride is sport package come with it, but I heard alot of people used Race HR spring, but I never seem it drop in cab. So, your is HR race spring drop .75f/.25r rite? how come the picture look more than .75f/.25r drop? you did have anything different rite?:D

here is my ride, look like a 4x4 don't you think. :D
Love those red demon eyes, I'm waiting for the DDEs. =)

I have the Sport springs. if you look under www.hrsprings.com , applications section, under Sport springs. 29484. thats the lower specs.

Look at the before drop pic, the rear bearly changed much. so .25 is just about right! there is your proof.

On the other hand, the race setup is for those who have regular suspensions. so in comparison, those cars are the real 4x4s and will seem a lot lower. But with our SPs, its different.

#15 · (Edited)
325CiC,

I see a CLK in the background! is that ur buddy's? is he/she lookin for rims? I have a friend who have a set of 19" dronells for sale. interested?

#16 ·
yeah.. that CLK is my brother in law. If you have sometimes good. send it over. email brandon_mach@yahoo.com :D

Hey, I check the link you just gave me. nothing is for convertible? Why? :D

#17 ·
It wont say concertible as 330CiC or 325CiC, but if you look in the middle columns. It'll say "incl conv"

Here is a pic of the dronells from my friend's car. Show it to your bro, maybe he will be interested.

#20 ·
okay, I will show this to him!:thumbup:

#21 ·
Wait a minutes! so this is okay that I use the Race Spring instead the Sport springs. do you know is it okay with the sport suspension?:D

#22 ·
325cic said:
Wait a minutes! so this is okay that I use the Race Spring instead the Sport springs. do you know is it okay with the sport suspension?:D
Since you have the SP, and you want my kind of lowering, you have to go with #29484.

29484=Sport Springs w/Sport Package cars (red)
and
29484=Race Spings w/Regular Suspension cars. (blue)

So you only have 1 choice.

29484 Sport Springs

The race springs do not fit our convertibles with SP

#23 ·
#24 ·
325cic said:
Well, I have alot of people explain sport spring don't have enough drop. there the link from the stor about race sping with sport suspenison. check it out.

http://www.performanceix.com/review/images/tn_15_01.jpg
I know how you feel. But if you see my car, you may judge otherwise. You really have to see them on a car to tell.

If you like my drop and decide that its the kind that you want, then go with 29484. :thumbup:

by the way, the link doesnt work :dunno:

#26 ·
the review is comparing the Race springs with Stock Sport Suspension Springs. (SSSS, hee) not the H&R Sport Springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.