E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
soynaco

My Ride: 323i
Question Need advice on Clear Corner Lights for a 323i Sedan

Well this is my first post here. I just bought a 2000 323i Sedan and the first thing I thought about changing was the lights. I already ordered the LED Tails from umnitza and now I want to buy the corners and side markers but I have my doubts.

I want the corners to look original but the ones I've seen everywhere are not completely transparent, I mean, you cannot see the bulb completely. Like these:
(click on the image to see the ebay auction, they are about $45 shipped, with side markers included)

But I was looking something transparent and I found these:

(click on the image to see the ebay auction, they are about $30 shipped)

They look nice but would they look out of place? The 323i headlights are black and these corner light will not be. So I found these others:

(click on the image to see the ebay auction, they are about $30 shipped)

They are black and transparent. But black is the same as smoked? My LED tails I ordered are clear not smoked.

I need suggestionsssss

Thanks a lot!
soynaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
soynaco

Thanks for moving the thread to the correct place. I'm new... sorry.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
I would stick with the ones in the first picture. That is what I have on my sedan with the LED tails and I prefer that setup over the projector style lenses.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
grnbmr808

My Ride: green 4 da money 323
yes go with the 1st pic, they look the best, what color is your car? take that into account when your thinking about smoked or clear. That set is made be depo, the same ones all the sponsors sell, and can be found on ebay for way less. Get some invisi-bulbs there chrome coated so there invisible you cant see them and the clears will looks a lot better w/o the amber bulbs reflecting orange. I should also add that its just a matter of which style you prefer, you can look at pic's on here of the other styles and see what they look like on cars, there some people that prefer other styles than the most popular one.

5% tint-cf emblems-blackout grill-smoked front corners and side markers-smoked led tails-alpine iva-d105 dvd deck-7 inch headrest screens-alpine mids/highs-15" kicker L7 sub-3000 watt sub amp-600 watt 4 channel amp-3 farad cap-removed 3rd brake light-debadged-xenon bulbs in exterior-xenon interior coversion-green fogs-replaced all trims/cowl-shaved antenna-*new paint job*

Last edited by grnbmr808; 02-11-2008 at 09:16 PM.
grnbmr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
easttowest

My Ride: 2000 323i
definetly go with just the regular clears (first pic). I have them on my 2000 323i and they look great
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
soynaco

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't even know about the chromed bulbs. I had seen them but didn't know they replaced the amber bulbs. My 323i is silver. Yes I guess I'm going to buy the ones of the first picture. I think the projector type would look kinda cheesy. I wanted some like these:

They are pretty similar to those of the first picture but these are more transparent, but obviously these don't fit my car.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
grnbmr808

My Ride: green 4 da money 323
the first ones are transparent also, there a lot more clear in real life than on pics, especially if you dont get smoked. I have smoked and I can still see the blue bulbs (illegal) that I have in there.

5% tint-cf emblems-blackout grill-smoked front corners and side markers-smoked led tails-alpine iva-d105 dvd deck-7 inch headrest screens-alpine mids/highs-15" kicker L7 sub-3000 watt sub amp-600 watt 4 channel amp-3 farad cap-removed 3rd brake light-debadged-xenon bulbs in exterior-xenon interior coversion-green fogs-replaced all trims/cowl-shaved antenna-*new paint job*
grnbmr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
soynaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnbmr808 View Post
the first ones are transparent also, there a lot more clear in real life than on pics, especially if you dont get smoked. I have smoked and I can still see the blue bulbs (illegal) that I have in there.
Then I will go for the clear ones. Is $45 including shipping fine? It includes the clear side markers and even the amber bulbs (which I won't use since I will buy the chromed bulbs as suggested above). Or any sponsors sell them cheaper or of better quality?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by soynaco View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't even know about the chromed bulbs. I had seen them but didn't know they replaced the amber bulbs. My 323i is silver. Yes I guess I'm going to buy the ones of the first picture. I think the projector type would look kinda cheesy. I wanted some like these:

They are pretty similar to those of the first picture but these are more transparent, but obviously these don't fit my car.
Those ones will only fit a 2002+ sedan.

For the Chrome bulbs, I'd recommend our Solaris Invisibulbs which are available in amber or white for your front, side and rear turn signals.

You can also do our V2 LED Turn Signal Bulbs for the front, side or rear if you prefer that color output.
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote