E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #61
SEI

My Ride: M3
i've seen alot of matte black m3 threads on the showroom section was wondering where i can do that in CA the last time i asked for something like that they said it couldnt be done.. so i did half the car.. here lookie..

Old 02-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #62
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEI View Post
but i still gotta do suspension and depending on how the car is might change the diff.

definitely chris! looking forward it.
I thought brakes might in the modding equation as well? Or did I miss where HPF put brakes on?

Nice Z4M by the way! Have you done any Skip barber racing school classes?
slo323ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #63
SEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo323ci View Post
I thought brakes might in the modding equation as well? Or did I miss where HPF put brakes on?

Nice Z4M by the way! Have you done any Skip barber racing school classes?
lol yeah need brakes too.. forgot to put that in there. i've never had any driver training.. learnt everything i know from just driving.. i've never taken any driving classes or anything either.. i learnt when i was 14 when my mom was too lazy to take a taxi to pick up her s-class so she shoved me in the cr-v and made me drive her to merc.. so i've driven for quite a while now.. mom let me drive the cr-v ever since i was 14. (in singapore minimum driving age is 18.) my favourite one was when i was learning manual haha me and a buddy wanted to learn how (we were like 16?) so we stole his dad's miata and stalled like 90 times but we figured out manual by ourselves.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #64
g0tph0

My Ride: 04 ///M3
Congrats buddy hope to see you soon
Old 02-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #65
g0tph0

My Ride: 04 ///M3
hey adrika you think your car will be back before the weekend theres a canyon run this sunday in malibu
Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #66
SEI

argh i have no clue gotta ask hpf but i'll come with my friend. i'll just sit in his porsche.

EDIT: lol i actually got arrested the 3rd day i was in l.a doing a canyon run at corral canyon haha was with 4 cars, (997 turbo, cls 63, 335i and my m3 lol)

Last edited by SEI; 02-19-2008 at 02:44 PM.
SEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #67
Jeffxxx

My Ride: 02 SLOW lsb m3
I'll take your silver rims Ardika when you get new ones.

nwbmwclub.com
Jeffxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #68
xcoolnessx

My Ride: Rover
Quote:
argh i have no clue gotta ask hpf but i'll come with my friend. i'll just sit in his porsche.

EDIT: lol i actually got arrested the 3rd day i was in l.a doing a canyon run at corral canyon haha was with 4 cars, (997 turbo, cls 63, 335i and my m3 lol)
Got arrested??? What were you doing?

Photobucket

xcoolnessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #69
M3_Jaydee

My Ride: e70 and e91 LCI
looks sick chris

M3 = GONE!
Check out www.youtube.com/m3jaydee - enjoy the past ;)
M3_Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #70
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
i really really hate the chrome rims, i want to change that first but im waiting for hpf's rims and bodykit.. depending on if i keep my z4m im gonna strip out the m3. i saw a cf interior kit (not the dash trim) where it replaces all the door panels to cf and the seats too (this one http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/singl...wX2lkPTg=.html). i want to do that at some point. but i still gotta do suspension and depending on how the car is might change the diff.

definitely chris! looking forward it.
I agree, those rims got to go ASAP! That interioir cf kit looks pretty nice, never seen those front door panels before. Any idea ho wmuch they are?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #71
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tph0 View Post
hey adrika you think your car will be back before the weekend theres a canyon run this sunday in malibu
Details? Links?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #72
SEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoolnessx View Post
Got arrested??? What were you doing?
haha we were racing around the canyons, 3 of us got caught the porsche ran away.. i was taking a corner using 2 lanes and i almost crashed into a cop he pulled us over but then the porsche took off and left the 3 of us there.. since he was first and i was second he could run.. they shoved us into the squad car and the guy that pulled me over put a gun to my head.. scary as hell.. they questioned us seprately lucky we all stuck to the same story and they have no real proof except for the people who called and complained so they had to let us go.. frikking scary experience.. the cop asked to see my license and it was somewhere in the car when i was trying to find it (was reaching under my seat) i saw the red dot on my chest.. after that i told the cop just search the whole car i dont dare to look for my wallet..
Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #73
SEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
I agree, those rims got to go ASAP! That interioir cf kit looks pretty nice, never seen those front door panels before. Any idea ho wmuch they are?
i have no clue how much the kit is, my guess is its gonna cost somewhere around like 6-8k? i dont understand why they would put chrome rims on the m3.. only in america u can get rims like this stock.. first day i got the car i really really felt like getting sand paper and sanding it down to get rid of the chrome.. you have no idea how much i hate chrome haha..
Old 02-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #74
SEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Jaydee View Post
looks sick chris
hey, you got ur m3 matte black right? did you paint it or did you use vinyl?? if you used vinyl was it hard to cover the car in vinyl?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #75
tankm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
hey, you got ur m3 matte black right? did you paint it or did you use vinyl?? if you used vinyl was it hard to cover the car in vinyl?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=543428
Old 02-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #76
xcoolnessx

My Ride: Rover
Quote:
haha we were racing around the canyons, 3 of us got caught the porsche ran away.. i was taking a corner using 2 lanes and i almost crashed into a cop he pulled us over but then the porsche took off and left the 3 of us there.. since he was first and i was second he could run.. they shoved us into the squad car and the guy that pulled me over put a gun to my head.. scary as hell.. they questioned us seprately lucky we all stuck to the same story and they have no real proof except for the people who called and complained so they had to let us go.. frikking scary experience.. the cop asked to see my license and it was somewhere in the car when i was trying to find it (was reaching under my seat) i saw the red dot on my chest.. after that i told the cop just search the whole car i dont dare to look for my wallet..
LOL.. interesting. I have a pretty juicy story that happen to me long time ago. Lets just say it'll be a great story to tell over drinks!. hehe

Photobucket

xcoolnessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #77
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Our dyno is back up and running after replacing 3 circuit boards. Not sure why they failed, but they did. Ardika, we should have your car on it tomorrow.

We attemped to run a newly designed "HPF Stage 2" pressure plate in Ardika's M3 to increase the clamp load but the SMG transmission didn't want any part of it. So we're going to run the same "Stage 1" clutch that we run with our other kits. At this point, we don't know where the "Stage 1" clutch will fail since it's already held up to 724rwhp in Robert's M3 and hasn't failed yet. If the clutch slips, we'll have to engineer an "SMG" alternative, but I think it will make it to 800rwhp without a problem.

The motor is already out of my M3 and we're now building it to Stage 3 specs. It will be ready to go back in the HPF M3 next Monday. I should have it up and running on stage 3 by the end of next week to join Ardika's M3.

Brian (BLuba) is considering stage 3 now, so if he gets it, his motor will get built as well, and we'll upgrade him to the larger turbo and full exhaust.

We also have 2 more M3's coming here... one from Florida and one from Tennessee. They're currently scheduled for stage 2.

Jim's M3 (our first HPF M3 turbo kit customer) should be back to our shop tomorrow. He's upgrading to stage 2 and getting some other goodies.

Oh, and our first DIY "Stage 2" customer drove his M3 to our shop last week and we dynoed his M3. He did all the work himself (without a lift) and did a great job. Nice work Jessie. I look forward to seeing your complete writeup, and also look forward to seeing your M3 run in the Texas mile!

Damn there's a lot of fast M3's leaving our shop.

We're still not to full capacity yet.... If you'd like to get your car booked for some more power, send an email to david@horsepowerfreaks.com or branden@horsepowerfreaks.com. They can both answer any questions you might have.

Take care,
Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #78
SEI

yeah the smg tranny is quite sensitive.. cant wait to see the dyno numbers, any idea when i will get the car back?? really really itching to drive it haha..
Old 02-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #79
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
yeah the smg tranny is quite sensitive.. cant wait to see the dyno numbers, any idea when i will get the car back?? really really itching to drive it haha..
Ardika... We're getting close. Now we need to put some miles on the new motor. Here's a teaser video.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...98#post7442798

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #80
supersickbimmer

My Ride: 617rwhp M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Ardika... We're getting close. Now we need to put some miles on the new motor. Here's a teaser video.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...98#post7442798

Chris.
Great job Chris. Glad to see you guys being busy. Can't wait to finally meet you guys at bimmerfest. Maybe I'll bring back a stage 2 for the summer.