E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #761
zhpfan4life

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY-UND3RGROUND View Post
Thanks, I love it! I cant wait to start tuning and styling it!
What plans you got for it?? Congrats!

Eurospec Exhaust, 19"VMR VB3's, Tint, BMW Performance CAI, and more to come...
zhpfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #762
Marcus-SanDiego

My Ride: 2008 X5
Quote:
Thanks, I love it! I cant wait to start tuning and styling it!
Great. What plans do you have for it? (To parrot my esteemed Mafia colleague above.)
Marcus-SanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #763
Hacauce

My Ride: M3
What's the ZHP Mafia, should I join

Hacauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #764
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacauce View Post
What's the ZHP Mafia, should I join
Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #765
INDY-UND3RGROUND

My Ride: 330i ZHP - 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhpfan4life View Post
What plans you got for it?? Congrats!
I already have an OEM M3 rear bumper for it, m3 csl front bumper with full carbon fiber splitter, m3 gtr powerdome hood (Painted Body color) M3 mirrors, black side trim (Paint Match to body color) Active autowerke engine software, evosport pulleys, afe intake, uuc strut brace, TMS F&R sway bars, H&R cup kit, matte black csl 19's (Staggered), 12mm spacers, Ebay headers, UUC corsa catback exhaust, CF euro csl trunk lid (Painted), umnitza LED halos, euro crystal LED tails, 8500K Xenon upgrade, led sidemarkers, clear sidemarker housings, new cambers, matte black grilles, Black CF emblems. I'm trying to make it look real clean.

But future mod maybe summer 2012 I'll have enough for AA stage two supercharger, with water/methanol, and a full zex nitrous kit

AA DP Exhaust - AA Headers - TMS Pulleys - Dinan Intake - AA Software

Last edited by INDY-UND3RGROUND; 10-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.
INDY-UND3RGROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #766
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
I already have an OEM M3 rear bumper for it, m3 csl front bumper with full carbon fiber splitter, m3 gtr powerdome hood (Painted Body color) M3 mirrors, black side trim (Paint Match to body color) Active autowerke engine software, evosport pulleys, afe intake, uuc strut brace, TMS F&R sway bars, H&R cup kit, matte black csl 19's (Staggered), 12mm spacers, Ebay headers, UUC corsa catback exhaust, CF euro csl trunk lid (Painted), umnitza LED halos, euro crystal LED tails, 8500K Xenon upgrade, led sidemarkers, clear sidemarker housings, new cambers, matte black grilles, Black CF emblems. I'm trying to make it look real clean.

But future mod maybe summer 2012 I'll have enough for AA stage two supercharger, with water/methanol, and a full zex nitrous kit
Yeah. I guess you have a few things planned.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #767
INDY-UND3RGROUND

My Ride: 330i ZHP - 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
Yeah. I guess you have a few things planned.
Yes, haha. I like to plan well ahead. So I know how much money to save and put into the parts and installations.

AA DP Exhaust - AA Headers - TMS Pulleys - Dinan Intake - AA Software
INDY-UND3RGROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #768
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
Yes, haha. I like to plan well ahead. So I know how much money to save and put into the parts and installations.
Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #769
BLKZHPWoG

My Ride: 04 330iZHP, 02 540i
Question for those of you with the black on black version... Have any of you painted the plastic grid in the bumper, between the fog lights, body color? Mine is aging quickly in the hot valley sun. I want to say I saw one once that had it painted black and it looked great. The body shops around here that I've looked into have each said no on account of it being plastic and too difficult to prep it properly. Just curious about anyone's experience with this.
BLKZHPWoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #770
So Slow

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKZHPWoG View Post
Question for those of you with the black on black version... Have any of you painted the plastic grid in the bumper, between the fog lights, body color? Mine is aging quickly in the hot valley sun. I want to say I saw one once that had it painted black and it looked great. The body shops around here that I've looked into have each said no on account of it being plastic and too difficult to prep it properly. Just curious about anyone's experience with this.
if you're talking about the mesh grille in the bumper... I did mine myself.

it was a fade grey and i plastidipped it black. Just push it back, there are clips that will unclip when pushed back, then pull it out. however when i went to get it back in the back housing wouldnt fit. so i left it out and just put the grill back in.
So Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #771
BLKZHPWoG

My Ride: 04 330iZHP, 02 540i
^ This sounds like a good idea to refresh the grille. Is the stuff flat or more of a satin? I think I'd like the glossy look and the pictures I've seen online so far have made it hard to tell if the plasti-dip is just flat or if it has some shine.
BLKZHPWoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #772
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FourSix View Post
com'on dude. post it with the the license plate delete.

or better yet, post it with me in the pic as well

I havent had time to clean it up and take pictures of it since i've had the delete. Wanna get together this weekend sometime to take some epic fall pics?

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #773
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FourSix View Post
if you're talking about the mesh grille in the bumper... I did mine myself.

it was a fade grey and i plastidipped it black. Just push it back, there are clips that will unclip when pushed back, then pull it out. however when i went to get it back in the back housing wouldnt fit. so i left it out and just put the grill back in.
Hmmm....I was assuming you had to take the bumper off to get that mesh out. So is this really the correct way to do it, from the front? What was the issue with the housing? If it can just be done that way I'm tempted to just buy a new one for $33 cuz mine is kinda faded also.

Barry
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #774
Marcus-SanDiego

I did this with my 335:

You can see how dark it turned out in this picture:

Last edited by Marcus-SanDiego; 10-20-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #775
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
Nice Marcus, thanks! That's probably what I should do as well. So did you just spray some paint into a cup and brush it on? Is it sticking ok? Hopefully it wouldn't come off from the high pressure coin op car wash when getting the bugs off.

OT but......when I was on my road trip this summer I covered this mesh and behind the kidneys with nylon door screen and it worked great to keep the bugs out of the radiator and a/c condenser. The grasshoppers were thick!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #776
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico View Post
Nice Marcus, thanks! That's probably what I should do as well. So did you just spray some paint into a cup and brush it on? Is it sticking ok? Hopefully it wouldn't come off from the high pressure coin op car wash when getting the bugs off.

OT but......when I was on my road trip this summer I covered this mesh and behind the kidneys with nylon door screen and it worked great to keep the bugs out of the radiator and a/c condenser. The grasshoppers were thick!
That's exactly what I did, Barry. I sprayed the paint right into the little cup. Then I dabbed the paint on with the sponge brushes. It's holding up really well.

My car has never seen a high pressure wash of any sort. Not sure how it would do.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #777
zhpfan4life

WOOP WOOP just ordered my BMW Performance Intake today!

This week can't go by fast enough I'm ready to put it on the car!

Old 10-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #778
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
WOOP WOOP just ordered my BMW Performance Intake today!

This week can't go by fast enough I'm ready to put it on the car!
The strut bar I ordered is due for delivery on Friday. Still don't know when the intake will arrive.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #779
zhpfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
The strut bar I ordered is due for delivery on Friday. Still don't know when the intake will arrive.
How hard were the m3 mirrors you did? They look great!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #780
Marcus-SanDiego

Quote:
How hard were the m3 mirrors you did? They look great!
Euro Auto Spot (San Diego) did the install. They are fully functional. It was a custom job. Had to fabricate the interior of the mirror to make sure the mirror fit perfectly -- and worked properly. It took some time to get everything right, though. I would say that if you want it done right, it just takes some time. Not sure it's tremendously difficult. You take motors from stock mirrors and transplant them into the M3 mirror. Then you just make sure that everything fits properly (that's where the work really is).

It wasn't one of those butcher jobs you see on the Internet. Couldn't be more pleased.