E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
xpsonic

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 335i
Send a message via AIM to xpsonic
Eagle Eye LED Bulb-Out Question

I just bought a set of Eagle Eye LED tails for my coupe and the question I need answered before I install would be..

How do I bypass the resistors (take them out) and run the eagle eyes sucessfully without messing them up in anyway.

The reason I want to do this is because I have a LCM that is reflashed for leds but didnt have the cash to get OEM tails.

Plus I dont want to deal with having a huge resistor being taped in my trunk area since I already have the LCM.

Anyways please post your replies.

Thanks in Advance.
xpsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
xpsonic

i think i got it, i gotta see tomorrow when i do some electrical work and bypass the huge resistors.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
xpsonic

ok next problem...

I bought a lcm and its supposed to be flashed for xenons and leds,

so when i had my stock tails it threw a tail bulb out.
now that i have led tails i put the lcm in, and the tail bulbs out is still there.

any pointers?
Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
grnbmr808

My Ride: green 4 da money 323
aftermarket eagle eye leds arent the same as oem led tails, they will throw the warning still. Why do you call the resistors "HUGE", there 3x3 at the most, probably smaller, whats the problem with puting them somewhere they wont be seen, and its a whole lot cheaper than lcm reflash, or a new lcm in your case. Just plug them up and see if it goes away, it should.

5% tint-cf emblems-blackout grill-smoked front corners and side markers-smoked led tails-alpine iva-d105 dvd deck-7 inch headrest screens-alpine mids/highs-15" kicker L7 sub-3000 watt sub amp-600 watt 4 channel amp-3 farad cap-removed 3rd brake light-debadged-xenon bulbs in exterior-xenon interior coversion-green fogs-replaced all trims/cowl-shaved antenna-*new paint job*
grnbmr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #5
xpsonic

well heres the thing.

for my new lcm(supposed to be flashed with xenons and leds):
the eagle eyes are throwing codes with and without the resistors.
the oems are throwing codes.

-so my guess is something is up with the lcm, it also has the tamper dot.

on my stock lcm(used for halogens and stock tails):
throws a bulb out on my xenons until i turn them on
doesnt throw code with stock tails and eagle eyes w/ the resistors

so i wanted to use my other lcm(not stock one) cause it has the auto feature and also if i ever need to reflash i can. i believe my stock one cant be reflashed cause its old? not sure.

anyways thats my predicament. im gonna search more about this tamper dot lcm stuff.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
NorCal Einstein

My Ride: E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to NorCal Einstein Send a message via Yahoo to NorCal Einstein
So you bought a used LCM that was supposedly flashed for xenons and LED's, and then replaced your original LCM with the new one?

This earns you a tamper dot because the car's mileage is stored in the cluster and the LCM. When you put a used LCM into your car, there is a discrepancy in mileage and the tamper dot appears.

Current:
2009 E92 335i Alpine White/Coral Red

Past:
2007 E92 335i Sparkling Graphite/Black
2000 E46 323i Steel Blue/Grey

NorCal Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
leftcoastm3

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein View Post
So you bought a used LCM that was supposedly flashed for xenons and LED's, and then replaced your original LCM with the new one?

This earns you a tamper dot because the car's mileage is stored in the cluster and the LCM. When you put a used LCM into your car, there is a discrepancy in mileage and the tamper dot appears.
duhm duh duhm dum duhmmmmmmmm

I got the EE tails from the Unmitza gb and they threw a bulb out warning on the left side. I've got one thing to try and failing that I'm going to get the LCM flashed for LED's.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
xpsonic

yeah i know the tamper dot will appear because of the mileage and/or vin i believe.

but the weird thing is that the bulb out for the tails stays on with stock and with the leds (no resistors)
doesnt the lcm have to be flashed for one or the other? either 55w or 35w no?

thats the part that is confusing me.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
xpsonic

oh well i just took out the new lcm and put the old one back.

i "corrected" my xenons by taking fuse 32 out, so i guess the newer lcm with be for sale.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 PM   #10
02silv///M

My Ride: 02 Silver ///M
I got a EE LED taillight 2 weeks ago and its giving a light out warning on my dash.. Pita.....
02silv///M is offline   Reply With Quote