E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
peleke4

My Ride: 2003 bmw 330ci
Am I being a cheap-skate or is she being inconsiderate?

I'm confused and need some advice.

My girlfriend of two years is coming back home after three months overseas. When she returns, instead of going straight home, she wants to spend time with me out of town. She asked me to book a hotel room for two nights.

When I told my girlfriend that I got two nights at the Best Western, I could hear it in her voice that she wasn't pleased. But then again, I feel that it would be considerate on her part to have offered to pay for at least one of the nights, since she is the one who wanted the rooms.

Now I'm okay with simple rooms like Best Western, but she wants something more high-end. I really wouldn't feel comfortable about dropping so much cash on a high-end room; and if I were to do so, it'd only be to please her.

Any advice would be appreciated on this.
peleke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
IFX

My Ride: M156
two years is imo, a significant time to be with someone.

shes been gone for 3 months and your going to take her to best western?

that is lowclass **** dude. penny up and take her somewhere nice.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
///BM3R

My Ride: 330ci...///M3 soon
Stack up cash my dude....Spoil your queen for a moment. you don't want "Jodie" stealing your girl.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #4
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I think you have to look at this one thing in context. Do you spend a lot of money on other things, especially things for yourself? If so, then this might seem cheapskate-ish compared to those things, and your GF might feel like you aren't that excited about reuniting with her. If you got a cheap hotel room but just spend a few hundred bucks on jeans with a bunch of rhinestones on the back pockets, then I can see how your GF might not like that.

If you are generally a cheapskate in everything (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you wind up saving a lot of money), then I guess this is just one more thing and your GF ought to think about whether she likes that about you. If you tend to try to save money and she tends to like to spend a lot of money, then maybe she's not the girl for you.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BM3R View Post
Stack up cash my dude....Spoil your queen for a moment. you don't want "Jodie" stealing your girl.
bullsh1t!

Any appreciative girl would be just fine spending time with her dude in a regular hotel. I think of my gf and how she would react. She would be happy as fuuck.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
First of all, why a hotel? Do you live with your parents or something?

Second, why not at least a holiday inn? I'm not a hotel snob or anything, but damn...best western?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BM3R View Post
No. Just stop. Stack up your cash to buy that M3...soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
I think you have to look at this one thing in context. Do you spend a lot of money on other things, especially things for yourself? If so, then this might seem cheapskate-ish compared to those things, and your GF might feel like you aren't that excited about reuniting with her. If you got a cheap hotel room but just spend a few hundred bucks on jeans with a bunch of rhinestones on the back pockets, then I can see how your GF might not like that.

If you are generally a cheapskate in everything (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you wind up saving a lot of money), then I guess this is just one more thing and your GF ought to think about whether she likes that about you. If you tend to try to save money and she tends to like to spend a lot of money, then maybe she's not the girl for you.
Dave...you're always on point with this stuff.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 01-11-2016 at 08:42 PM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:14 PM   #7
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
OP, you're the guy that didn't offer to drive your gf to the airport when she was leaving on this trip, right?
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
OP, you're the guy that didn't offer to drive your gf to the airport when she was leaving on this trip, right?
omg it is ......... so he didn't want to take to her the airport when she was leaving for three months, now she is coming back and he is taking her to a best western

how is she still with him?
Old 01-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #9
WinterBeemer

My Ride: 2004 325Xi
Cheap dude. She probably wanted to do some freaky sexy sh*t for you, perhaps even sit on your face. It's hard to get in the mood at a Best Western. Also, you take hookers to Best Western...C'mon man!
WinterBeemer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
GasKing
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 1990 Yugo GVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
omg it is ......... so he didn't want to take to her the airport when she was leaving for three months, now she is coming back and he is taking her to a best western

how is she still with him?

Lmao. My opinion changed as soon as I saw Xcl's post. OP=DOUCHE.

Long Island and NYC members that need fuel oil hit me up! $10 discount to all members.

Last edited by GasKing; 01-13-2016 at 02:12 AM.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #11
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterBeemer View Post
Cheap dude. She probably wanted to do some freaky sexy sh*t for you, perhaps even sit on your face. It's hard to get in the mood at a Best Western. Also, you take hookers to Best Western...C'mon man!

I agree....as long as your finances allows. You're rough on this broad.

Long Island and NYC members that need fuel oil hit me up! $10 discount to all members.

Last edited by GasKing; 01-12-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #12
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1452661427.889593.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	621939

Quote:
Originally Posted by peleke4 View Post
my girlfriend will be out of the country for a couple of months. The airport is about an hour and a half drive away from her place. She talked about getting a shuttle service to get to the airport; she then talked about leaving her car at her friend's place for the duration of her trip. I just listened and didn't say anything else. She didn't straight up ask me for a ride to the airport, but i'm under the impression she wanted me to. She has been giving me the cold shoulder since this talk. Am i unreasonable for not offering to drive and pick her up at the airport? Or maybe she's unreasonable that she expects me to drive? What do you think?

Last edited by Solidjake; 01-22-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #13
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1452661588.032627.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	621940

Old 01-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #14
peleke4

how's it going guys. Thanks it gives me a new angle to see things. So it seems I'm being unreasonable? So if you're girlfriends were to ask you to get a room for two nights, you'd automatically pay for it with no hesitation? Wouldn't it be common courtesy, since she's the one who wants the two nights, for her to offer to pay for at least one night? This is an ongoing thing with my girlfriend. She comes from that old school tradition of guy paying for everything. I'll give you another example: we had an outing out of town, I paid for everything: the hotel, the meals, etc. And then she goes shopping in spends about $300 all for herself. I don't know man. At some point, this gets annoying. I've had girlfriends in past where they were considerate and would pay here and there, without me ever bringing it up.

Last edited by peleke4; 01-13-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:42 AM   #15
WinterBeemer

My Ride: 2004 325Xi
If she does nothing for you in return, then dump her. We need the whole story to actually form an accurate opinion. We'll also need pics of said girlfriend, so we can assign a dollar amount on how much she is worth.

Last edited by WinterBeemer; 01-13-2016 at 08:43 AM.
WinterBeemer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #16
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by peleke4 View Post
how's it going guys. Thanks it gives me a new angle to see things. So it seems I'm being unreasonable? So if you're girlfriends were to ask you to get a room for two nights, you'd automatically pay for it with no hesitation? Wouldn't it be common courtesy, since she's the one who wants the two nights, for her to offer to pay for at least one night? This is an ongoing thing with my girlfriend. She comes from that old school tradition of guy paying for everything. I'll give you another example: we had an outing out of town, I paid for everything: the hotel, the meals, etc. And then she goes shopping in spends about $300 all for herself. I don't know man. At some point, this gets annoying. I've had girlfriends in past where they were considerate and would pay here and there, without me ever bringing it up.
wow dude.... just wow. you have so much to learn. I.just.don't.even.......

Last edited by cd330; 01-14-2016 at 12:52 AM.
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:07 AM   #17
peleke4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
wow dude.... just wow. you have so much to learn. I.just.don't.even.......
what is it that is unreasonable and not cool on my part?
Old 01-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
SLVR JDM

My Ride: 4Runner
If you haven't seen her in months and she asks you to get a hotel room, it is worth a few extra bucks. I am cheap, but I am not dumb.

Granted, if she never pays for anything at all, that is kinda crappy, but asking her to go halves on a best western isn't the time to make a play for a change.

I am asking in all sincerity here since it seems like you're pretty clueless.....is this your first GF?
Old 01-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #19
GasKing
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I am asking in all sincerity here since it seems like you're pretty clueless.....is this your first GF?

Seems like it.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #20
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
He claims in his earlier post to have had GFs in the past.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote