E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #121
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
not a big gym guy honestly...i have been running in my neighborhood..mostly at night but i am starting to run during the day on weekends...really my issue is don't see the signals, whether she is interested or not when to close etc...but i am just working on getting my confidence in myself up...i haved a very pessimistic view of myself to begin with this just made it all kinds of worse...
Old 05-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #122
T0n3dawgg

My Ride: 330i + Cbr 600rr
Send a message via AIM to T0n3dawgg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
not a big gym guy honestly...i have been running in my neighborhood..mostly at night but i am starting to run during the day on weekends...really my issue is don't see the signals, whether she is interested or not when to close etc...but i am just working on getting my confidence in myself up...i haved a very pessimistic view of myself to begin with this just made it all kinds of worse...
I totally understand. I recently became single, and I used to have a very pessimistic view until I started going to the gym and joined a local MMA gym. Now I think this girl in my MMA class is hot as hell. haha, I still miss my ex, but I learning to keep busy like the OP said and my starting to move on. Hope that motivate you. And it only has been a week...

T0n3dawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #123
mcr_driver

yea it's been over a month and change now we tried to be nice about since we are still living together but i had enough as the more i saw what her true character was the more i couldn't tolerate it...thankfully she'll be gone on the 31st...now it's a matter of finding ms.right now totally had a wish wash day yesterday went out with some friends had a chance to go chat it up with a girl but basically froze and wussed out now sure why in retrospec... on the flip side completely done with the ex i don't feel a thing towards her...she had tried to push my buttons last night and just ignored it went to "my" room and slept in "my" cali king bed sooo nice to have room to move she's on the couch till she's gone...that's the cheater's bed choice
Old 05-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #124
5MT_E46

My Ride: 03 325i
Just join the club too, 3 and half years relationship. Still in the depressed stage. Been hanging out with frds, so far so good.

It was a good read.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #125
mcr_driver

in all honesty i'm tempted to start a thread either here or in the cali regional for local single guys that need wingmen lol...like i wanna go out but going solo...yea....
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #126
nbarcelo

My Ride: German Engineering
Send a message via AIM to nbarcelo
Good thing this thread (although written back in 08') is still around. It's a great write up and I've used these methods a lot when dealing with breakups. Good stuff, thanks OP.
95' BMW 318iC Boosted (sold)
nbarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #127
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarcelo View Post
Good thing this thread (although written back in 08') is still around. It's a great write up and I've used these methods a lot when dealing with breakups. Good stuff, thanks OP.
NP

i wrote this thread a long time ago, glad everyone still finds it useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #128
freed0m1

My Ride: 2004 330i zhp
I just read this whole thread. a lot of good stuff in here. My gf just dumped me today. She came back from a 6 week vacation in russia and ended things when i saw her. she says she just can't be with anyone right now and needs to be alone and "find" herself or some bs. who knows what the real reason is. i'm pretty devastated, it was a complete shock. i know i'm young and there will be many more and better girls, but its hard to see that right now.

I'm in a really shitty situation because i know almost no one where i live now. All my friends have left except for 1 that i hang out with pretty regularly. i've been going to the gym and start school again at a community college. I know i should be going out and keeping myself busy. but i'm only 20 and can't go to bars or anything. i really just don't know what to do. i was completely surprised by this break up and can't stop thinking about her. she says she wants to be friends, but i still love her.
freed0m1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #129
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
That's tough man, as a 34 y/o guy, let me tell you, at 20, you have more opportunity than you can even imagine. She just did you a huge favor.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #130
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Got rid of my 21 year old GF about 10 days ago.

Still think about her alot.

I miss the person, but not her behaviour. Had a AWESOME weekend with friends, got another one lined up this weekend so between that and work and school, im staying busy.

Still sucks...
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #131
mcr_driver

wow saw this thread funny my comments up top...interesting few months since may...gained 8 hp due to personal weight lost since february was dating two girls now down to one and even she is on the way out unfortunately, still looking for girls but not having any luck. any singles in sgc looking to hang?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #132
irishconnection

My Ride: M3
Quote:
wow saw this thread funny my comments up top...interesting few months since may...gained 8 hp due to personal weight lost since february was dating two girls now down to one and even she is on the way out unfortunately, still looking for girls but not having any luck. any singles in sgc looking to hang?
Same boat as you finished a while ago and now being what I used to be called a "Bad Boy" Lost weight, a whole new wardrobe and enjoying life. Have bocked ex's number from my phone today as had enough of her. And like u getting bored easily with latest one and on the look for another lol
irishconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #133
mcr_driver

not really getting bored she just wants me for the sex cus the guy she wants to get with sucks at it small ego boost for me but also a huge downer cus i'm also being rejected at the same time, but hey it's whatever just enjoy it while i find the next one...

i can't afford a new new wardrobe but i am buying in small portions i honestly just need more confidence in myself and game
Old 09-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #134
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
not really getting bored she just wants me for the sex cus the guy she wants to get with sucks at it small ego boost for me but also a huge downer cus i'm also being rejected at the same time, but hey it's whatever just enjoy it while i find the next one...

i can't afford a new new wardrobe but i am buying in small portions i honestly just need more confidence in myself and game
Why?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:35 AM   #135
mcr_driver

years of low self esteem, long story short answer i am getting more confident however just not there yet i guess...
Old 10-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #136
CRSmoak

Quote:
years of low self esteem, long story short answer i am getting more confident however just not there yet i guess...
That's fine but my question was why do you need more confidence... what would it do you? Also confidence in what exactly... getting and keeping women interested? Perhaps your low self-esteem is in fact a by-product of something else? I can tell you right now... being able to pickup and keep women interested would not solve your problems, you'd just have a different set of problems. Quality problems lol... but still problems.

Have you ever thought that maybe problems aren't really problems at all but are simply viewed as such because of the context or frame in which the situation is viewed? There is no right or wrong, there is only now, there is only being. When you learn this... all your so called problems will go away. They will no longer matter, true confidence and happiness is simply a by-product. This is what we in the "community" call inner game. Inner game is just as important if not more so than outer game or just game as most people refer to it. Anyway... just something to think about it.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-03-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #137
mcr_driver

Sorry misunderstood what you meant, it's a rather interesting point of view. I guess it would be a issue with inner game and my perspective of myself and how it relates to my outward reactions and interactions. Lacking inner game effects how I react whether confident or a blunder with the opposite sex that I am attracted to. Interested though by what you mean with my context or frame of my issue's or problems. The only now only being is kind of a hedonistic response, I do enjoy living in the moment when the moment is worth living in...Something about looking at a boring work report doesn't inspire me obviously lol and what do you mean by the "community." Sorry for the million questions but you have me intrigued
Old 10-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #138
CRSmoak

Quote:
Sorry misunderstood what you meant, it's a rather interesting point of view. I guess it would be a issue with inner game and my perspective of myself and how it relates to my outward reactions and interactions. Lacking inner game effects how I react whether confident or a blunder with the opposite sex that I am attracted to. Interested though by what you mean with my context or frame of my issue's or problems. The only now only being is kind of a hedonistic response, I do enjoy living in the moment when the moment is worth living in...Something about looking at a boring work report doesn't inspire me obviously lol and what do you mean by the "community." Sorry for the million questions but you have me intrigued
Game is a word usually associated with the pickup community, so that's the community I was referring to. Inner game not only effects how you interact with people but also how you interact with yourself and your own mind. Technically speaking, the only thing needed to achieve happiness is health, power and love. There are two forms of survival, self preservation and replication. Health, power and love help you to achieve survival, survival being the reason any living thing does anything. Do something to increase your chances of survival and you'll be rewarded with a feeling of happiness. However all these things are temporary, after all... you will die someday. This is were inner game comes in.

Inner game is all about achieving death before dying. What can be more insane than to deny the now, what is and always will be. There is no past or future, these are simply illusions to help you survive. This can only ever be temporary. The now is always worth living in because that is all there ever is. What I'm really talking about here is achieving a state of nirvana. A state of being that actually surpasses happiness.

To achieve this state you must be conscious of what is... the now. You must also learn to accept and embrace what is. To do this you must observe your mind. Don't fight your thoughts and emotions, don't run from them and don't align yourself with them but instead simply observe them without judgement. Do not align with them because in doing so you will become that thought, that emotion. Observation is the key. Negative thoughts and emotions can not survive without alignment. They will linger on for a while like a spinning top but over time they will slow and die out.

You looking at a boring work report is simply you judging, it's you fighting, it's you not embracing what is, the future does not exist. The future is now as it has and alway will be, this is the state of mind you need to get yourself into. It's a very hard thing to describe. Have you ever felt depressed about something and then suddenly, for a brief second a state of extreme joy came over you only to disappear a second later again. That is the state I'm trying to describe, that brief second can be more... it can be a way of life. Everything else, health, power, love... these are all just icing on the cake.

Also what I mean by context or frame is simply... the way in which a situation is viewed. For example... I would see your situation with women as something to be excited about. I would see it as a challenge. I wouldn't fight it, I'd have fun with it. Life is not about getting somewhere, death being the eventual result anyway. What it's about is how you get there!

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-05-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #139
mcr_driver

Insightful yet again, I am relieved to find the love line constantly has people with insight and intelligence in comparison to the rest of e46.

I do agree regarding the viewing of one's situation, the adage of taking lemons and making lemonade. Interesting description for Nirvana using a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel approach it would seem. I think everyone has experienced this profound moment most just don't realize or comprehend it till much later on in their growth. I do find it intriguing how you've melded your personal views in from all aspects of life to just this one topic. Granted life is never segmented each thing plays into the next, love, liberty and the pursuit of happiness all mold into each other. Separating them causes your situation to crumble and falter most times. Believe it or not you've actually helped me stay on the right track by reaffirming what I already know to be true and constant. It started when I left my ex I just get sidetracked by a life a bit as most people do, thanks CRSmoak.

But perhaps for me the challenge is taking this information and converting it over form profound wisdom to practical application. Perhaps that's the worst approach for this although. It probably makes more sense to accept the things as they are and grow with it rather then fight against it. I guess that may be another of saying where my confidence issue's lie. It's more so in me rolling with life and enjoying it while making the most of myself and life around me. It is hard for me as I am still adjusting to things and accepting the great things about me that others see and I deny maybe. I really need to find a good book to read regarding this sort of topic I've always been intrigued by the human psyche.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #140
CRSmoak

Quote:
Insightful yet again, I am relieved to find the love line constantly has people with insight and intelligence in comparison to the rest of e46.

I do agree regarding the viewing of one's situation, the adage of taking lemons and making lemonade. Interesting description for Nirvana using a shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel approach it would seem. I think everyone has experienced this profound moment most just don't realize or comprehend it till much later on in their growth. I do find it intriguing how you've melded your personal views in from all aspects of life to just this one topic. Granted life is never segmented each thing plays into the next, love, liberty and the pursuit of happiness all mold into each other. Separating them causes your situation to crumble and falter most times. Believe it or not you've actually helped me stay on the right track by reaffirming what I already know to be true and constant. It started when I left my ex I just get sidetracked by a life a bit as most people do, thanks CRSmoak.

But perhaps for me the challenge is taking this information and converting it over form profound wisdom to practical application. Perhaps that's the worst approach for this although. It probably makes more sense to accept the things as they are and grow with it rather then fight against it. I guess that may be another of saying where my confidence issue's lie. It's more so in me rolling with life and enjoying it while making the most of myself and life around me. It is hard for me as I am still adjusting to things and accepting the great things about me that others see and I deny maybe. I really need to find a good book to read regarding this sort of topic I've always been intrigued by the human psyche.
The best way to convert wisdom to practical application is simply through practice and or meditation. Again observation without judgement is the key. Let whatever is, be, and simply observe it. You can practice this throughout the day, walking up a flight of stairs, to your car, taking a crap or whatever and where ever, lol. I have a great life with lots of fun and interesting things going on but they all relate to survival. They all focus and relate to health, love and power. Again, these are the three things required for survival, instinctually at least. Advantages that help us survive make us happy but happiness is only ever temporary, nirvana however can be more. The point is I have all these great things going on in my life... do you want to know the part of my day I usually enjoy the most? It's sitting on my toilet after taking a cold shower eating my 2:00AM (yeah I'm a night owl) sandwich. I eat my sandwich and I enjoy the fvcking **** out of it in a full state of nirvana

You shouldn't need a book to get started, you should simply start right now... it's really not as hard as you'd think, all you have to do is start. Try to catch yourself when thinking in relation to past and future, try actually focusing on the random simple things you do throughout the day and just practice being. Again, observe without judgement. With time and practice it'll start to become your dominate state. That said, I've learnt a lot of this from a book I've read a few years ago called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

Just a tip. You can determine your state of being by observing your emotions. The more focused you are on the now, the better you'll feel. If you feel nothing, then it's because you're trying to achieve an end result... in this case a state of nirvana. You trying to achieve a result is you focusing on the future... not the now. It'll seem hard at first but really it just takes some practice... like anything else in life.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-16-2010 at 01:03 AM.