E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #2241
DoubleRGirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 27
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
i was almost uninsurable when i got mine (24) and that was with taking the MSF class. places that would offer me full coverage was a couple thousand a year so i had just liability and comprehensive for the first year for like $80/month, now that i've been riding a couple of years i have full coverage for about $42/month. hope that helps
__________________
2001 alpine white 330ci
2007 pearl white cbr600rr
DoubleRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #2242
Bondga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 282
My Ride: 328Ci
I apy $46 Dollars a month for full coverage, I'm 22 and have been riding for a year.... But I ride a cruiser....
__________________
Bondga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #2243
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
hey guys, im getting out of riding. My bike is for sale:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1545507492.html
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #2244
wrighterjw10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palmyra (Hershey), PA
Posts: 459
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkM3 View Post
Does anyone have any statistics/research/evidence/proof showing sportbikes aren't as dangerous as people say when you are wearing proper gear? Also, how much would insurance typically be for a young first time rider. Thanks in advance!
how young?

insurance rates will differ by state, and even by zip code.

i'm 24. i wanted a bike so bad when i was 18, but with college i didn't get one. prob the best decision i ever made about bikes. i wasn't nearly mature enough.

my insurance now with $250 ded. $50k bi limits, $50k liab comp and collision is $22/month.

no other lines with the company either. just my bike. and $3 a month is processing fees, my actual premium is $19 a month.
__________________
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #2245
330ciandr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,605
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondga View Post
I apy $46 Dollars a month for full coverage, I'm 22 and have been riding for a year.... But I ride a cruiser....
are you a volunteer firefighter or cop? or do you just have the leds for the hell of it?


i'm debating on what insurance to go with since i moved to OK. progressive sucks so much so its definately not them. suggestions anyone? everyone here tells me state farm.
__________________
Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #2246
Bondga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 282
My Ride: 328Ci
Both... But worse

I'm a firefighter and a Fed
__________________
Bondga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #2247
330ciandr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,605
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
haha awesome.

i need leds in mine.
__________________
Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #2248
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,727
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwu57 View Post
hey guys, im getting out of riding. My bike is for sale:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1545507492.html
damn thats cheap
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #2249
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,727
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
anyone else ride recently, apart from you cali mofos?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #2250
motoracergabe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: El Peezy, Tx
Posts: 434
My Ride: Everything
i've been riding on the weekends.
i would ride to work but it's cold early in the morning
__________________
motoracergabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #2251
DoubleRGirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 27
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I rode this morning to work since it's supposed to be 60 today. I froze though
__________________
2001 alpine white 330ci
2007 pearl white cbr600rr
DoubleRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #2252
DarkM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 135
My Ride: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
good luck finding that proof. i think statistically they have more serious injuries and fatalities. good gear reduces this number significantly tho.
define young rider
EDIT: ive never had full coverage on any of my motorcycles.
18-20. i was basically wondering how dangerous daily riding ACTUALLY is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRGirl View Post
i was almost uninsurable when i got mine (24) and that was with taking the MSF class. places that would offer me full coverage was a couple thousand a year so i had just liability and comprehensive for the first year for like $80/month, now that i've been riding a couple of years i have full coverage for about $42/month. hope that helps
thanks, that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondga View Post
I apy $46 Dollars a month for full coverage, I'm 22 and have been riding for a year.... But I ride a cruiser....
thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
how young?

insurance rates will differ by state, and even by zip code.

i'm 24. i wanted a bike so bad when i was 18, but with college i didn't get one. prob the best decision i ever made about bikes. i wasn't nearly mature enough.

my insurance now with $250 ded. $50k bi limits, $50k liab comp and collision is $22/month.

no other lines with the company either. just my bike. and $3 a month is processing fees, my actual premium is $19 a month.
18-20. i guess insurance would be pretty expensive/hard to get.
DarkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #2253
wrighterjw10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palmyra (Hershey), PA
Posts: 459
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRGirl View Post
I rode this morning to work since it's supposed to be 60 today. I froze though
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracergabe View Post
i've been riding on the weekends.
i would ride to work but it's cold early in the morning
you b!tches don't even know cold. i rode in nov with a high of 45, morning temp on my way to work was about 30.

i regretted it as soon as i hit about 45, but i went on anyway.

my neck area (only part the wind really hit) hurt so bad the whole way there.
__________________
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #2254
DoubleRGirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 27
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
you b!tches don't even know cold. i rode in nov with a high of 45, morning temp on my way to work was about 30.

i regretted it as soon as i hit about 45, but i went on anyway.

my neck area (only part the wind really hit) hurt so bad the whole way there.
hey now, I did ride one time last month and had to scrape frost off my tires
__________________
2001 alpine white 330ci
2007 pearl white cbr600rr
DoubleRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #2255
motoracergabe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: El Peezy, Tx
Posts: 434
My Ride: Everything
^lol. wear a scarf for your neck!
whenever i ride to work and it's cold, gotta throw on the winter gloves and the scarf.
sometimes i wear a hoodie under my leather jacket, and just take out the liner. warmer that way and the hood keeps the back of your neck warm
__________________
motoracergabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #2256
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 854
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkM3 View Post
Does anyone have any statistics/research/evidence/proof showing sportbikes aren't as dangerous as people say when you are wearing proper gear?
I dont know that the gear is protecting you so much, but people who wear gear definitely have a more defensive mentality which likely leads to fewer accidents.
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #2257
330ciandr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,605
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
you guys are tards thinking 40 is cold. i rode when it was 12 degrees here, i had to fix the car that night so it wasn't running. yeah...i turned into an ice cube.
__________________
Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #2258
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew'sslvttyass
you guys are tards thinking 40 is cold. i rode when it was 12 degrees here, i had to fix the car that night so it wasn't running. yeah...i turned into an ice cube
All I heard was ,", I'm a dirty slvt."
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #2259
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,727
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
you guys are tards thinking 40 is cold. i rode when it was 12 degrees here, i had to fix the car that night so it wasn't running. yeah...i turned into an ice cube.
ahhha, whatever. been there done that, the t-shirt has holes in it.
Th enewness of riding wore off sometime ago, if i have to ride and constantly worry about traction from my cold tires, then i just wont.
Its no longer fun at that point, and id rather not risk dropping my baby.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #2260
330ciandr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,605
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
oh yes, it was cold as fawk
__________________
Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use