E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #5861
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Different strokes for different folks as they say. I'm in love with it.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #5862
JRos

My Ride: SL500
Question to anyone who rides their bike to school (or just out to somewhere in general):

Do you guys still wear all that bulky protective clothing to wherever you're going or just what you plan on showing up in? It's not like you can take it off and stash it somewhere (usually). Yea, I know it's really dangerous to not wear protective gear, it's just a question. I see plenty of people who walk school that have very durable looking pants and leather jackets on while some people just walk around with a helmet wearing a tshirt and Levi's.

I'm thinking about getting a cheap beater bike to ride to places I won't need to carry stuff to/from but the idea of having to wear stuff like that to school or anywhere else for the matter is a bit off putting.
JRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #5863
chris10492

My Ride: 14 Camaro 06 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRos View Post
Question to anyone who rides their bike to school (or just out to somewhere in general):

Do you guys still wear all that bulky protective clothing to wherever you're going or just what you plan on showing up in? It's not like you can take it off and stash it somewhere (usually). Yea, I know it's really dangerous to not wear protective gear, it's just a question. I see plenty of people who walk school that have very durable looking pants and leather jackets on while some people just walk around with a helmet wearing a tshirt and Levi's.

I'm thinking about getting a cheap beater bike to ride to places I won't need to carry stuff to/from but the idea of having to wear stuff like that to school or anywhere else for the matter is a bit off putting.

When i was in high school i just went straight to my locker and put everything away, and now in college it does suck because you have to carry around a jacket and helmet(if you dont hang it on your bike). i just leave it on, walk to0 class, take it off and put it under my desk and when the class is over i just put it back on just so i dont walk around carrying it
chris10492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #5864
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
So I almost had another accident in traffic today. Lady in a Suburban didnt see me. I noticed I have lost almost all of my joy in riding lately. Maybe cause i am mainly commuting on it. So Now I am having second thoughts. Might just sell the bikes, and get a truck, and through the resources into getting the e30 done.

so confused.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #5865
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
So I almost had another accident in traffic today. Lady in a Suburban didnt see me. I noticed I have lost almost all of my joy in riding lately. Maybe cause i am mainly commuting on it. So Now I am having second thoughts. Might just sell the bikes, and get a truck, and through the resources into getting the e30 done.

so confused.
so if she didnt see you, and u said almost. sounds like you saw her.
its just another day of riding man.
honestly, this riding sh1t aint for everybody, but there are other options.
u can stop commuting on it.
u can make it track only and really see what that fuker can do
u can deal with it and keep on riding.

but i guess if u wanna sell thats on you, but i dont think you'll ever be able to walk away from it, you'll always wish u still have yours when u see one.
But you woulnt be the 1st to walk away, and wont be the last, but it realy sounds like another day in riding. The more u ride, the more aware you become and the less these maniacs and idiots bother u, u just shake your head and get away from them.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #5866
mvrk10256

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
so if she didnt see you, and u said almost. sounds like you saw her.
its just another day of riding man.
honestly, this riding sh1t aint for everybody, but there are other options.
u can stop commuting on it.
u can make it track only and really see what that fuker can do
u can deal with it and keep on riding.

but i guess if u wanna sell thats on you, but i dont think you'll ever be able to walk away from it, you'll always wish u still have yours when u see one.
But you woulnt be the 1st to walk away, and wont be the last, but it realy sounds like another day in riding. The more u ride, the more aware you become and the less these maniacs and idiots bother u, u just shake your head and get away from them.
I was next to her, and she just started coming into the lane. I just dont know if its worth it anymore. The ideal answer is use it for fun, cause its a blast to ride. But the burden of the real world is limited parking, limited money, and limited resources in general.

I cant track it - see above. I know that if I walk I will miss it. Guess I will just have to make up my mind. Plus I just finished grad school apps. 90% chance I am going to Austin or ATL.

I mean maybe I am just spooked from the accident still. IDK.

Last edited by mvrk10256; 11-16-2011 at 10:57 PM.
mvrk10256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #5867
Snik
OEM ///Member

well, ive had that happen to me several times actually. 1 time i was literally by her window looking at her and she looked in her mirrors and came over. so i was on the 1000 at the time and just rolled on the throttle and got out of her way. shouldve seen her face when she realized she just missed me. dumb b1tc#!

parking is much easier, dunno what youre talking about there, unless u mean worrying about it being stolen, well, that comes with it.
but only u can decide my man, only you. maybe its time to just use it as the insurance companies like it. just for weekend fun. atleast do that before u sell it, give the thing a chance to seduce you damn it.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #5868
mvrk10256

I mean space to keep it Snik. Like I currently get 1 parking tag with my apartment. I have it on the e30. Got a freshmen i know to buy me a parking pass in his name to go on my bike. Its not having a bike, its having a couple of vehicles. + 500 bucks for insurance is not a couple of bucks.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #5869
Snik
OEM ///Member

cmon dude, really...bike transversely parked infront or behind car. easy, do it all the time.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #5870
mvrk10256

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
cmon dude, really...bike transversely parked infront or behind car. easy, do it all the time.
haha. We have parking b1tches doing laps EVERY DAY. Not even kidding, $40 tickets every day.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #5871
Snik
OEM ///Member

im just saying, id find a way. but it seems your mind is made up
Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 AM   #5872
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Commuting is a biatch and a half, I dread riding to work because there is a particular stretch of road where I just feel completely unprotected. People are just too stressed/impatient and generally pissed off during rush hour

I have an alternate route, but it's longer and involves more traffic, so it ends up taking me longer...which isn't bad if I'm just itching to ride. But on days when I gots a bunch of sh!t to do, I take the car.

Weekend trips are what make owning a bike especially rewarding for me

Last edited by Ghostie; 11-17-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #5873
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
I was next to her, and she just started coming into the lane. I just dont know if its worth it anymore. The ideal answer is use it for fun, cause its a blast to ride. But the burden of the real world is limited parking, limited money, and limited resources in general.

I cant track it - see above. I know that if I walk I will miss it. Guess I will just have to make up my mind. Plus I just finished grad school apps. 90% chance I am going to Austin or ATL.

I mean maybe I am just spooked from the accident still. IDK.

You might have been riding in her blind spot
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #5874
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
maks, just keep riding until winter. Put it into storage and you'll love bikes in the spring. Don't sell it just yet. Did you get any offers on your ninja?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #5875
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Do you guys have insurance for your bikes? Here in Florida, it's "required" but not enforced in the least. I know a bunch of people who ride without insurance. Thoughts?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #5876
rohde88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Do you guys have insurance for your bikes? Here in Florida, it's "required" but not enforced in the least. I know a bunch of people who ride without insurance. Thoughts?
What type of insurance are you referring to? I don't believe FL requires any liability insurance for motorcycles.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #5877
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
What type of insurance are you referring to? I don't believe FL requires any liability insurance for motorcycles.
Same as car insurance, I guess?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #5878
rohde88

Quote:
Same as car insurance, I guess?
Quote:
I am registering a vehicle for the first time in Florida. Is automobile insurance mandatory?

Yes. If you own a vehicle with at least four wheels and are registering it, you must have Florida insurance.
from http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/frfaqgen.html#1
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #5879
'busa

OK, so I'm not obligated to have it? Should I? Do you?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #5880
rohde88

Quote:
OK, so I'm not obligated to have it? Should I? Do you?
You aren't obligated to have any liability, UM coverage, collision, etc.

Its up to you whether you want the risk of a judgment.

I have liability 50/100k and Un(under) insured motorist coverage for 250k. Premium is like $300 for the year.