E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #7941
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Great, thanks for the advice. Not sure if Ill pull the trigger on this one or wait and see what I can find during the off season during the winter. Hoping that if I do that people will be getting rid of the bikes they don't want after riding season has ended. My local craigslist doesn't have all that many options though and this bike seems to fit my want list in terms of engine size and style of bike.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #7942
cobra989

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325ci
I got a '87 honda hurricane... picked it up for bartering a hunting rifle that i couldnt shoot anymore (because of shoulder surgery) been rebuilding it since july and im almost done been a good project.

Sent from my DROID4 using Bimmer App
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #7943
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Beautiful new BMW, man
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #7944
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Good to know, my Qingqi GS125 was a Suzuki design at least and during the time I owned it I went to the gas station 3 times and the mechanic at least 12, but good to know the real thing is reliable. My main concern is getting a new title for it, I have no experience on that sort of thing and don't want to get into a lengthy and expensive process to title a cheap bike.
For the title: Go to DMV with the VIN number and they will tell you who the bike was last registered under. Call them up and ask him if he could mail you the title. If he says he doesn't have a title, ask him to write up and e-mail a bill of sale. If he doesn't provide you with the title, it'll take DMV about 30 days to get you one.

As for your motorcycle licensing (in VA): I went through the MSF. In order to pass you needed to be able to stop quickly, swerve to the right, and be able to make a u-turn. If you dropped the bike you fail, if you attempted any stunts you fail... other than that you would be ok (you can put your foot down when making a u-turn, but they ask you not to).
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #7945
Pasha

My Ride: E30
KTM 1290 Super Duke R prototype unveiled at EICMA.

Supposedly 174 BHP and 94 ft∑lb.

Last edited by Pasha; 11-13-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Pasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #7946
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
KTM 1290 Super Duke R prototype unveiled at EICMA.

Supposedly 174 BHP and 94 ft∑lb.

That actually looks really, really good. I don't know that I'd take it over a SF though.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #7947
trippmann

Send a message via AIM to trippmann
Looks like a comfortable seat.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
^It seriously was the worst decision of my life to sign up for this site.
trippmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #7948
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippmann View Post
Looks like a comfortable seat.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

I dunno. It looks like the typical foam padded race tail. NOT generally built for comfort.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #7949
Pasha

Steve!!! How the hell are you, buddy?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #7950
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Guys, I'm arranging my little pennies for a new bike here in the spring. What're your thoughts on a Ducati 796 vs a Triumph Street Triple??
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #7951
Pasha

Valentino's new Yamaha:

Full article and more pictures:

http://tuningforge.com/first-shots-o...yamaha-yzr-m1/
Old 11-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #7952
Pasha

The all new 2013 Kawasaki 636:

Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #7953
M3Inline6

Quote:
Valentino's new Yamaha:

Full article and more pictures:

http://tuningforge.com/first-shots-o...yamaha-yzr-m1/

I love it. I have been following the Valencia test all day. I can't wait to see the Aragon results.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #7954
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Took a friend to look at bikes Saturday. Saw the 2013 636. It's a good looking bike. And their price was a ridiculous $11800 or something like that. I was shocked. Most 600s are in the 12s these days.

So happy to see Vale back on a winning bike. I hope he has a great season and redeems himself and shuts up the haters and nay Sayers. Might even say a Hail Mary for him.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #7955
Pasha

Ducati Unveils 2013 Models at EICMA

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2012/11...dels-at-eicma/

Quote:
Ducati has made a yearly habit of releasing their next generation of motorcycles at the EICMA International Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy. This year is no different, as the Bologna based manufacturer has released their 2013 model lineup just days before the show opens to the public.

Headlining the 2013 release, Ducatiís Hypermotard family gets a substantial redesign and a new model. The family now contains three models, the Hypermotard, the Hypermotard SP, and the Hyperstrada. All three bikes are powered by an all-new 821cc Testastretta 11į engine making (according to Ducati) 110 hp. The bikes also feature a new Trellis frame and top of the line suspension components. The Hypermotard and Hypermotard SP are aimed at commuters and weekend racers and maintain the sleek, Supermotard look, while the Hyperstrada is a factory accessorized mid-size touring machine aimed at distance riders. Ducatiís Safety Pack is standard on all three machines and includes 3-level ABS, 8-level Ducati Traction Control, and selectable riding modes. Pricing for the 2013 Hypermotards is $11,995 for the Hypermotard, $14,695 for the Hypermotard SP, and $13,295 for the Hyperstrada.

Ducatiís superbike, the 1199 Panigale also adds a model for 2013. The 1199 Panigale R will supersede the 1199 Panigale S as the flagship of the Ducati line. The new R features a host of incremental improvements over the S including titanium connecting rods and a lighter crankshaft flywheel, which save a combined 2.92 pounds. Ducati has also managed to increase the Superquadro engineís redline by 500 rpm to an even 12,000 by adding DLC-coated rocker-arms and remapping the ECU. Ducatiís new king of the hill also adds a four-point adjustable swingarm pivot for precise set up, a racing screen, and machined alloy mirror caps. A full Termignoni exhaust with a dedicated racetrack only ECU map results in a three-percent gain in top end power and a fifteen-percent increase in mid-range power. Other modifications include a number of carbon-fiber components, which bring the superbikeís dry weight down to a claimed 363.7 pounds. The bike also gets a GPS-enhanced Ducati Data Acquisition system, which records lap times and other racing circuit data. The 1199 Panigale R ABS will be available in Ducati red for $29,995.

Last, but not least, the new for 2013 models include an addition to the Diavel family. When Ducatiís power cruiser first came out, we had little doubts about its performance prowess, but lots of doubts about its touring credentials. These concerns seem to have been addressed with the new Diavel Strada. The existing Diavel has been extensively modified to improve comfort with better wind protection, more comfortable seats, higher handlebars, and heated grips. The Diavel Strada also adds a passenger backrest, grab rails, rear lighting, and new passenger foot pegs along with standard side luggage and a more powerful generator with two auxiliary power outlets. Ducatiís new power tourer will be available with a race titanium color scheme for $19,495.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #7956
Pasha

Premiere Honda CBR 600 RR 2013 - EICMA 2012

Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #7957
Pasha

Last edited by Pasha; 11-14-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #7958
M3Inline6

Quote:
Ducati Unveils 2013 Models at EICMA

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2012/11...dels-at-eicma/

I wanna ride the t|ts off of a Hypermotard S!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #7959
Pasha

California Highway Patrol to target motorcycle safety with new grant

http://www.theavtimes.com/2012/11/14...ith-new-grant/

Quote:
California, home to more than 1.3 million licensed motorcyclists, has experienced an increase in the number of people killed in motorcycle-involved collisions.

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is preparing to address the problem with the help of a federal grant that will fund a yearlong, lifesaving effort.

"Motorcycle awareness is a priority for the California Highway Patrol and a key to saving lives on the roadway," said CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow. "Education combined with enforcement will help reinforce the concept that all motorists need to safely share the road."

There has been a nearly 20 percent increase in the number of motorcyclists killed from 2010 to 2011, according to CHP data. The recent increase follows a two-year decline (2008-2010) in motorcycle-involved collisions.

To reverse the trend and reduce motorcycle-involved collisions resulting in injury or death, the CHP has begun an intensive public awareness campaign which will run through September 30, 2013. The campaign includes an education component, which will be achieved through public service announcements, social media, public outreach events, and motorcycle safety and road-sharing presentations throughout California.

"Without a continued focus on motorcycle safety education for all motorists, the number of motorcycle-involved collisions may continue to rise, especially as more Californians are turning to motorcycles as a means of transportation," added Commissioner Farrow.

Funding for the California Motorcycle Safety Enforcement and Education II was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

(Information via press release from the California Highway Patrol.)

Steve, this is right down your alley... am I wrong to think this particular way of effort is a waste of money?

Last edited by Pasha; 11-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #7960
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
That sh1t is legit!
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote