E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #1061
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof

My Ride: Long Gone
^ Nice... Thanks. I gotta get on that.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #1062
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
^ thats why u had to do the tests, i had to do a written test to get the permit, then took that to MSF, passed that, and went back to DMV for the endorsement.
thats weird how they made you do the riding test still tho
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #1063
kevmo

My Ride: vDubDizzle
Send a message via AIM to kevmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcosmicxx View Post
^ Nice... Thanks. I gotta get on that.
do it quick.. because around here... maryland.. the classes fill up QUICK.. especially now-a-days errrrrrrrrrbody trying to ride n save money on gas n such...

kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #1064
max123

My Ride: e90 / e46 / R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo View Post
snik you in the same boat.... if i rememebr correctly we started riding around the same time.. and look where we are....

it's all in control and how you look at riding... ppl who ride just to ride IMO dont really RIDE....

stunters (real ones) not just hey look i can wheelie stunters... and track riders ... they RIDE... push the bike to the limits... ppl who just get bikes to say they have bikes are FTL
does that mean that everytime you get on your bike you push it to the limits?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #1065
kevmo

considering i dont ride street anymore... yes

and if i did ride street.. than no.. but MOST riders you meet on the street will never come close to pushing it to the limit....i dont know what world you're living in to think that ppl do.... most ppl buy a bike to have a bike.. to look cool... and to go fast in a straight line.... especially the 1Ks... and if you think most ppl push it to the limit... you have some serious problems.... and by that i dont mean top out runs either...

Last edited by kevmo; 05-06-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #1066
motoracergabe

My Ride: Everything
Quote:
dude it SO loud.. like motogp bike loud.. but it sounds amazing... not d&d loud...

here is a pic...

but it was before i sanded it and painted it.. this was RIGHT after i re-riveted and put it back on...

/IMG]

i dind't repack it.. no need too...

and yes i did it myself
i like that. it looks good, i bet it sounds awesome. my bike is not very loud right now with the full yoshi, i wouldn't mind if it was a little bit louder. I don't want to cut mine that small, maybe just 4-6 inches.
now i need to find a riveting tool never used one before, i'll ask some friends if they have one
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #1067
motoracergabe

regarding a beginner bike:
I wish kawi made the ex500 to look as good as the 250. i'm sure they would sell a lot more. suzuki's gs500 is pretty good looking but that stance is not aggressive at all, it's more of a standard bike than anything.

i agree, no on gives credit to the 500s or even 600s. everyone is into the liter bikes and the big bikes. well, i ride an 1100 though so i guess i shouldn't be saying anything. I do lots of long rides on my bike and love the comfort of the sport-TOURING, so i guess that's why i like my blackbird so much. to each his own, find the bike that suites you. I have a friend who tours on his nighthawk 250, yeah he TOURS it. riding it everywhere; across texas, up to colorado, over to california. it's so tiny, but he loves it and he doesn't have any thought of upgrading, well he has thought about the nighthawk 750.
anyways... i have no idea where i was going with that...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #1068
kevmo

i'll make a sound clip of it for you sometime this week....

here's one i did when i first got it done.. it's not very good... cuz as i was coming back towards the camera there was a car that turned out....

Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #1069
motoracergabe

^ sounds good. i will find a riveting tool and give it a shot. i'll probably just cut 4 inches and see how i like it and go from there.

kevmo, why is it you don't ride on the street anymore?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #1070
kevmo

i've lost to many friends... not worth it to me anymore... the street just isn't "fun"... it doesn't feel the same as it used too....

riveting tool is like 15 bucks.. + 5 bucks for rivets.. make sure you get the large headed ones...

just drill the rivets out.. cut it to watever length... and rivet... it's simple n easy

when i have it WOT.. my friends can hear it from 1.5 miles away (they live out in the cut)

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #1071
motoracergabe

so that's how they work!!! i didn't know... lol.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #1072
kevmo

LOL

Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #1073
motoracergabe

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #1074
kevmo

are those trash bags?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #1075
motoracergabe

^ lol. yes. it was raining and we were not prepared. it was damn cold too! we had our camping stuff, didn't want to sleep in a wet sleeping bag
fun ride. denver to roswell nm, to el paso.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #1076
kevmo

<---- fair weather rider lol

Old 05-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #1077
motoracergabe

rode part of the PCH in some nasty fog.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #1078
max123

My Ride: e90 / e46 / R6
Quote:
considering i dont ride street anymore... yes

and if i did ride street.. than no.. but MOST riders you meet on the street will never come close to pushing it to the limit....i dont know what world you're living in to think that ppl do.... most ppl buy a bike to have a bike.. to look cool... and to go fast in a straight line.... especially the 1Ks... and if you think most ppl push it to the limit... you have some serious problems.... and by that i dont mean top out runs either...
if you riding the track full time that is great, you must have a lot of money..!

but thinking that majority of the people riding the streets only to show off is a little close minded IMO.

i never said that must people on the street are pushing it to the limits,
i only ask if you do because according to your post if you dont you are a looser.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #1079
kevmo

i never said ppl only ride stret to show off... i said majority of the ppl who ride street only know how to twist their wrist... which is 100% true

Last edited by kevmo; 05-06-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #1080
kevmo

perfect example.. and this is by NO MEANS me trying to be racist....

so it was a nice day last year.. i roll to the mall on my bike... running a few errands... there is only one spot at the mall to park bikes and it's only like 8 bikes deep... so anyways.. i get there... park my bike.. go inside.. do my thing... come out... and i'm walking towards my bike.. putting on my ear buds... when you have the "typical" boys in the hood motorcycle gang just hanging out in shorts, tshirt and timbs... with their helmets sitting on top of their heads to show off that awesome expensive HJC lid they got.... the boys are all around the bikes... two of which is sitting rihght in front of mine... they see me get on my bike... yet didn't move... ok... so i said excuse me can you move ... ok.. no response... say it again... again no response.. finally i start my bike and just hit the rev limiter... gee that got your attention now didn't it... i pointed for them to move... finally did... noticed they were all laughin' and prob making fun of me (i had my buds on couldn't hear anthing).. they all started to put on their gear... ok watever...

rolled out slow... got to the first light outta the mall.. about to get back on the onramp.. to go home... it's a long right hand 2 laned sweeper.... not very tight at all... unless you hit it fast....

i'm sitting at the light jamming to music... and they all roll up and surround me.. all revving their shyt.... two of them line up next to me.. they were all gixxers... all 750 or 1000s.... i just shake my head.... ok light turns yellow on the other side... i said ok let's see what you guys got... revved it to 7-8K... light turns green... boom i shoot off.... (mind you i am NOT a drag racer by ANY means).... one dude stalled it... and almost twelve oclocked his bike off the line... ROFL... the other guy... too slow... i turn the turn at a easy 80 mph one handed... looking back at them... i merged on the high way... sat back and waited.. and they do a flyby.... ROFL