E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #1081
motoracergabe

My Ride: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo View Post
i never said ppl only ride stret to show off... i said majority of the ppl who ride street only know how to twist their wrist... which is 100% true
i actually ride pretty slow normally. i have a patch on my jacket of a turtle cruising on a bike. haha, a friend gave it to me i ride to ride. but i agree many riders do only know how to twist the throttle and that's it. I do think i know much more than that, but i don't tear it up in the twisties this is an endless discussion. when it comes down to it, there are many good riders, many not so good ones, and there are also some that shouldn't even be on a bike..
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #1082
kevmo

My Ride: vDubDizzle
Send a message via AIM to kevmo
omg... there is this one dude i know... he REALLY shouldn't be on a bike...... scares me to death watching him ride...

kevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #1083
NJ///M

My Ride: TACO TRUCK/CBR600F4
Quote:
perfect example.. and this is by NO MEANS me trying to be racist....

so it was a nice day last year.. i roll to the mall on my bike... running a few errands... there is only one spot at the mall to park bikes and it's only like 8 bikes deep... so anyways.. i get there... park my bike.. go inside.. do my thing... come out... and i'm walking towards my bike.. putting on my ear buds... when you have the "typical" boys in the hood motorcycle gang just hanging out in shorts, tshirt and timbs... with their helmets sitting on top of their heads to show off that awesome expensive HJC lid they got.... the boys are all around the bikes... two of which is sitting rihght in front of mine... they see me get on my bike... yet didn't move... ok... so i said excuse me can you move ... ok.. no response... say it again... again no response.. finally i start my bike and just hit the rev limiter... gee that got your attention now didn't it... i pointed for them to move... finally did... noticed they were all laughin' and prob making fun of me (i had my buds on couldn't hear anthing).. they all started to put on their gear... ok watever...

rolled out slow... got to the first light outta the mall.. about to get back on the onramp.. to go home... it's a long right hand 2 laned sweeper.... not very tight at all... unless you hit it fast....

i'm sitting at the light jamming to music... and they all roll up and surround me.. all revving their shyt.... two of them line up next to me.. they were all gixxers... all 750 or 1000s.... i just shake my head.... ok light turns yellow on the other side... i said ok let's see what you guys got... revved it to 7-8K... light turns green... boom i shoot off.... (mind you i am NOT a drag racer by ANY means).... one dude stalled it... and almost twelve oclocked his bike off the line... ROFL... the other guy... too slow... i turn the turn at a easy 80 mph one handed... looking back at them... i merged on the high way... sat back and waited.. and they do a flyby.... ROFL
I would think most people like this wind up being scrapped off the road with a spatula within their first or second season. I wouldnt consider them a real rider, just a fool.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend; Those with loaded guns and those who dig."
NJ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #1084
kevmo

are you talking about me?.. or the dudes who tried to "race" me?...

if you were talking about them... i agree.. lol

PS if you guys are wondering.. i'm on my 3rd season of riding...

i guess they thought o look a asian kid on a 600....

Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #1085
NJ///M

Quote:
are you talking about me?.. or the dudes who tried to "race" me?...

if you were talking about them... i agree.. lol

PS if you guys are wondering.. i'm on my 3rd season of riding...

i guess they thought o look a asian kid on a 600....
the guys who tried to race you, i know exactly the kind of guys youre talking about because i see them around here all the time during the summer. They buy a brand new 600 or higher bike, probably dont even have a motorcycle license, then go flying past me at a buck twenty with shorts and no jacket on, and they all wind up crashing soon after.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend; Those with loaded guns and those who dig."

Last edited by NJ///M; 05-06-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #1086
kevmo

i love them... do you wanna know why?...

more parts for me at the junkyard... or track bike for me!!

or when i go out to DC /Bmore in the cage... and i see bikes posin' outside of the bar/club... and all they do is rev and rev and rev.... annoying as shyt.. with the D&D exhausts.... :barf:

Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #1087
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Actually you're not much better than them if you couldn't resist the temptation to drag race them at a light...........sorry
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #1088
kevmo

actually... i just wanted to get away from them cuz i didn't want them to run into me ...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #1089
Ghostie

and wtf is wrong wiff D&D exhausts?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #1090
NJ///M

Quote:
i love them... do you wanna know why?...

more parts for me at the junkyard... or track bike for me!!

or when i go out to DC /Bmore in the cage... and i see bikes posin' outside of the bar/club... and all they do is rev and rev and rev.... annoying as shyt.. with the D&D exhausts.... :barf:
I was going to mention this, i plan to start riding after i move out to AZ in a couple of weeks, im going to start out on a 250 but when im ready to move up there are tons of hardly used 600s on the market because of these clowns

Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #1091
Ghostie

Quote:
actually... i just wanted to get away from them cuz i didn't want them to run into me ...

um......let them take off first?

sounds a heck of a lot safer than having them fly-by you at 120 and risk running into you.........

I've seen enough of your posts on bikes to figure you're a responsible rider, so I'm not questioning your overall judgment.....just offering a different perspective
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #1092
kevmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
and wtf is wrong wiff D&D exhausts?
they sound horrible?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #1093
Ghostie

really? I heart mine, and so does everyone else who hears them!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #1094
kevmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
um......let them take off first?

sounds a heck of a lot safer than having them fly-by you at 120 and risk running into you.........

I've seen enough of your posts on bikes to figure you're a responsible rider, so I'm not questioning your overall judgment.....just offering a different perspective
well considering i couldn't because they had me surrounded on all sides except for in front of me.... i could've just taken off and dropped them off at school all together... but i thought it would be funny to see how far behind they are... and how embarrsing it was that i went through one handed faster than them.... then the fly-by was the BEST

i guess it was one of those immature moments... i apologize

Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #1095
motoracergabe

Quote:
they sound horrible?
i think they sounds good on the bigger bikes. met a guy with em on his blackbird, they did sound good
Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #1096
kevmo

wait til you cut your yosh in half

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #1097
motoracergabe

Quote:
wait til you cut your yosh in half

i have an rs-3, but mine's not titanium. and that was cut down so much! I want it just a few inches bigger.

check it out, my bike's getting painted right now
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #1098
kevmo

nice!

it's gonna sound SICK

Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #1099
HooTyHo

My Ride: 02' 325ci
would it be ok to start out on a gixxer 600? or r6? i really love how aggressive the bikes look and i have a couple friends who have these bikes and they say nothing but good things about them

Umnitza Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes | Matte Black Grill | AA Gen 3 High Flow Exhaust | 19' VMR V710s HyperSilver | 8% Tint | M3 Front Bumper | CF Strass Lip | Smoked Corners, Sides, LEDs | M3 Lip Spoiler
HooTyHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #1100
kevmo

it's not the smartest thing to do... but if you think you have enough self control... then go for it.... also.. keep in mind... how would you like it if you bought a spanky new bike.. and dropped it the first week... or.. you buy an older bike... drop it however many times you want and not care... then buy a "nice" bike when you know how to ride and less likly to drop it