E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
TypeS

My Ride: 330i
Imola M3 Becuase Racecar

When I first got her.

My Car & Bike

Wrapped the interior

Then I slammed it but the wheels tucked in too much so I raised it.

How she sits now.

The rears have 15mm spacer and the fronts have 10mm. I'm thinking of taking off the front spacers and getting a higher profile tire and more stretch? The front is currently 235/35 and the rears are 245/35. Maybe 20mm spacer for the rear and more stretch. It still needs the fenders rolled. Any input on which route to go with tire setup?

Diffuser
GTR Hood
Header/Exhuast
Coilovers
Carbonfiber Lip
Sideskirts
Slightly tinted tails
slight blue tint on headlights/fog/corners
9.5 OEMs front and back.
plasti dip-flame suit on
because racecar

Last edited by TypeS; 01-15-2015 at 11:12 AM.
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #2
hey ant

My Ride: 2002 Steel Grey M3
The car looked good before you did all the other cosmetic stuff. Remove the tints from your tail lights and all the other striped stickers, paint match the GTR with CF vents exposed, by then it would be a good looking ride. Raise up the rear just a by half an inch, then add whatever size spacer to make it flush.
hey ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
TypeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey ant View Post
The car looked good before you did all the other cosmetic stuff. Remove the tints from your tail lights and all the other striped stickers, paint match the GTR with CF vents exposed, by then it would be a good looking ride. Raise up the rear just a by half an inch, then add whatever size spacer to make it flush.
yea I was thinking it might time to get rid of the black theme, peel it all off and paint the hood. The tails however are painted with clear coat can't peel.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
hey ant

My Ride: 2002 Steel Grey M3
I bought a set of OEM smoked LED tail lights from Ebay, thinking that they were just a film. When I received them, they were actually painted on with a clear coat. I asked all the local body shop to inquire if they can remove the paint and they either said, "nope they are trash", or "it will cost $300 to remove but it's not guaranteed it will look good".

I ended up removing the paint myself by sanding everything down, then polished it afterwards. Looks just like brand new, but it will take a whole entire day to get it perfect.
hey ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
modjo

My Ride: 330XI
Many of those coats you can remove with next coat of spray. In many cases previous one stay soft and no problem clear of them.
modjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:13 PM   #6
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
where did you get the side skirt add ons? They look good!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365Autosports One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
The car looks perfect in the second pic
Solidjake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #8
TypeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
where did you get the side skirt add ons? They look good!
Made them myself Went to Home Depot then wrapped them in carbon fiber vinyl.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeS View Post
Made them myself Went to Home Depot then wrapped them in carbon fiber vinyl.

I have to say you did an awesome job on them. Compared to other offerings, I like yours the best. Well done!!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365Autosports One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #10
SoCaLe39

My Ride: 06 M5 & 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
The car looks perfect in the second pic
+1 aside from the tinted lights. Also had the perfect stance, color matched hood...
Old 01-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #11
DER E46

My Ride: e30
Roll the fenders and put the 15mm spacer on the front then order a 20 or 25 for the back.

Am I reading it correctly that you have a square wheel set up of 4 rear 19's and unsquare tire set up??

-Christian
'91 318iS
DER E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #12
TypeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DER E46 View Post
Roll the fenders and put the 15mm spacer on the front then order a 20 or 25 for the back.

Am I reading it correctly that you have a square wheel set up of 4 rear 19's and unsquare tire set up??
Yes square wheels, tire set up is different. 245/45 in the rear +15mm spacer and 235/35 in the front +10mm spacer. I am due for new tires so I'm trying to decide which size to get now that it sits lower. If I get 20mm or 25mm in the rear should I stay with the same profile and just a bigger stretch or give the rears the same stretch as I currently have in the front 235/35. And if i then put the 15mm from the rear to the front then the front will need a bigger stretch too?

I was thinking of ordering two tires 225/40 or 215/35 idk and test it out how they sit before ordering the other two.
http://www.tyrestretch.com/

Last edited by TypeS; 01-16-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #13
Vaughn1024

My Ride: 2006 E46 M3 vert
Nice car... Felling the bike too. Like that the car & bike match.
Vaughn1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #14
invisible man

My Ride: invisible car
Halo ring is crooked on left side low beam. You should just take them off anyways, after all, "racecar" right?