E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
kdoubt

My Ride: 330i
My 330i silver sedan update thread

I've really enjoyed other peoples update threads so I figured I'd take a few minutes to write up my very own.

I'm not a huge gear head but I do love my car and enjoy making things my own. Heres an account of the small things I've done to help myself enjoy driving this car even more.

First off I'd like to pay homage to my last car. VW Jetta TDI that saved my life, and solidified my decision for a second German car. For those who are curious the short of it was someone ran a stop sign in the country and I gave them a t-bone smooch.

Original condition, bought from a local dealership. Still looks wicked imo. Last owner had some good taste. Style 68 rims & suspension done.

I've started with some subtle cosmetic mods as I'm very happy with the under-hood performance I'm getting. Generally speaking I'm the type to replace a worn out part with an upgrade so things are progressing slowly (damn reliability) I'm sure I'll get harped on a little but I've been brining her to the Dealership where I live. I get great service and I've never felt like I've been ripped off. Could be another reason its got over 255xxx KM on it and still pulls like a mofo.

A lighter shot, mostly OEM.

I then smoked a racoon and insurance replaced the replica MtechII bumper with an OEM one (Bill was $4100 with labour, ouch) You can tell which side it hit by how clean the fog light housing is.

I started the whole process when I saw a couple black kidney grills at the dealership for $210+taxes or something ridiculous and saw a couple DIY projects people had done. $8 later I had my black grills. Yes, emblem has been replaced.

I had some paint left over and (although black mirrors usually go with black plastic handles on old Dodge Dakotas) I liked the look of the black on silver and decided to carry the theme.

Que Towel

I added (with some nail polish & clear coat) a taste of German to the grille. I've since taken it off but think I'll be doing it again. I've seen plenty of the ///M colours but of course, this isnt an ///M car. I also got some license plate covers which are a cheap way to dress up the ugly plates. I've also since reversed the dealership boarder so everything is black except the "Ontario" and the plate #.

Just installed my first ///M part on the car the other day, shifter was some pos from crappy tire flopping around loose. I took the 10 minutes to splice into the ash tray wires for the leds to work. Happy with the result.

I just recently ordered these from Khoalty which are in the mail.

I'm in the market for some RCR sedan tail lights if anyones interested in getting rid of some, as well as an intake for a little more engine growl. Exhaust will come eventually.

I've spent a ton on PM as well as stuff that actually needed to be taken care of so I havent been able to drop a ton like some of the beautiful machines on here. Anyway, thanks for reading and look forward to updating this thread.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
Vader

My Ride: E46 Touring, E36 328
I like your sedan. The black mirrors are a nice touch actually. I like it.

Black Style 68's might look decent too.

E36 328i - Canyonrot Metallic | OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | M3 Contours | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
E46 325xi Touring - Orientblau Metallic

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club #343!

Canadian Alpina Forum
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
kdoubt

Thanks man, I was thinking of powder coating them bronze or a very light grey. Still undecided.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
kdoubt

Corners and Sides came in today.

A few shots, pretty happy with the way they turned out. Bought them from Khoalty, happy with shipping, a few issues with quality thought.
One of the tightening forks snapped off like a chopstick. Too expensive to send back to the U.S. from Canada unfortunately. Noticed the OEM have metal reinforcement, look for this if you have the chance. I will next time.
Also paid the $10 or whatever it was for LEDs for the side markers. Dont waste your money.
The point of blinkers are to be seen. Had clears which looked rice so popped over to Canadian Tire to grab some Orange bulbs - much better. Not sure exactly what I was expecting but overall I'm happy.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #5
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Looks good! Good call on the replacing the bulbs. I have the clear sidemarkers/corners so I had to buy the stealth bulbs that are chrome plated because I hate the orange bulb from the outside. On the smoked ones, you NEED orange bulbs or else they wont flash yellow at all and might cause some tickets for ya :/ but atleast you did the right thing which is good.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 PM   #6
kdoubt

Thanks. I'll be putting the splitters on soon and take a couple more pics. No more ice bergs falling off trucks. The orange & black really mix well into an interesting colour; its almost different on every car/bulb. The chrome and clear is a very clean look as well though, I didn't even think of the difficulty with chrome and smoked.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:53 AM   #7
kdoubt

e46 headlight smoked blue facelift 330i silver projector

Was also thinking of doing something like this with with the headlights. Cant decide if I want to black it out or blue/purple. Bad photoshop mockups for viewing pleasure.

Last edited by kdoubt; 04-11-2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: tags
kdoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Personally, I think the black mirrors and dark side markers look bad. But it's your car so more power to you.

Get some new headlight lenses to spruce up the front
Solidjake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #9
kdoubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Personally, I think the black mirrors and dark side markers look bad. But it's your car so more power to you.

Get some new headlight lenses to spruce up the front
Indeed, Im not sure about restoration at their current condition.

As for dark sides/mirrors I gave it a lot of consideration and I think since the back will not be blacked at all it'll have a better flow.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #10
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT

Here's my front end to compare if you want

https://www.flickr.com/photos/solidjake/15170278213/
Solidjake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
evanr614

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:

This is the lip I'll get if I ever get an M Tech II. Love it.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:22 AM   #12
kdoubt

Quote:

Very clean, crazy how much new lenses make the whole front shine
Old 05-15-2015, 12:56 AM   #13
kdoubt

Went from a cloudy day to very clear. More pics here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1076232

Old 05-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
Vader

My Ride: E46 Touring, E36 328
Woah, what a difference! Impressive.

E36 328i - Canyonrot Metallic | OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | M3 Contours | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |
E46 325xi Touring - Orientblau Metallic

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club #343!

Canadian Alpina Forum
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #15
kdoubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Woah, what a difference! Impressive.
Yea not bad for under $30. Figured I'd pay $30+ on shipping for new lenses so figured I'd try the cheaper route instead of forking out some real cash. Happy with the result.

Tags
330i, 6spd, e46, sedan, silver