E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
spartanwarrior

My Ride: 2001 E46 330i
Congrats on your purchase Navin
UUC light flywheel with stage 3 clucth, UUC sway bars, UUC strut tower brace, UUC TSE3 exaust with headers and two americats converters, UUC EVO3 shift kit plus RK shadow knob and e-brake handle, UUC gauge panel, BMW aluminum pedal kit,Bilstein shocks with H&R lowering springs, chrome speedo/gauge rings, 3,46 Lsd, ESS 8psi TS.
spartanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
blackbenzz

My Ride: Benz
Congrats Navin!!! Welcome to the twinscrew club . How much power is your car going to be making? Have you ever considered an engine swap before FI? Dont take anything I say the wrong way, just trying to help you with my previous experience. Your car has definitely come a LONGGGGG way bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaBlau///M3 View Post
thats is, if Navin is going to have boost, then im getting boost.
Just do it man. Go HPF turbo If I didnt like my CLK so much I would go that route.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
good decision...this will totally transform your car ask me how I know
Old 03-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #24
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Congrats, I'm going to have to come check it out when I get back to MD, I want to s/c my slush box 325. Enjoy it bro
Sup Adam! Thanks for the kind words. Yeah man, anytime you wanna check it out in person please feel free to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF330ci View Post
SICK! Congrats Navin!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoolnessx View Post
Congrats!!! Looks good
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
man! congrats on your g0 and nice choice going with the twin screw!

how many miles do you have the 00' 323 !

dang! gonna be a HUGE difference..
Thanks bro! Yeah it's going to be a HUGE difference, especially given that I have an auto 323i. I have around 59,800 miles... I'm hoping to supercharge before I reach 60k miles (no reason why, just want to I guess).

Quote:
thats is, if Navin is going to have boost, then im getting boost.

your gonna love it btw lol. My last car has a roots style blower on it and it was a blast to drive.
DO IT, MATT!!! Now I won't be lagging so far behind you and Mike when caravanning down to the OC car shows, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcritch View Post
subscribed! Cant wait to see the outcome Navin!

There are so many things I want to do to my car - this could be one of them....please keep us updated on the entire process. Purchase to install to drivability to gas mileage over the long haul.
Will do, bro. One of my goals of purchasing this supercharger was to help stimulate a segment of our population that typically goes unnoticed when it comes to car tuning... mainly the 4 door automatic tranny BMW owners. I plan on communicating back my entire experience including observations on gas mileage, etc, so that you all here will have this info (especially considering it was a PITA to find a whole lot of info from auto tranny owners who supercharged via the ESS TS1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAed330 View Post
Thanks for the props, even though I didn't do much. Just make sure you fill out those customs form the same day FedEx contacts you so there is no delay in getting your TS shipped.

Welcome to the club!
Thanks man! What's your name? Is it Ed? I see the "Ed" in your screen name which is why I asked.

I'm still not certain I'll be charged the import tax... Asbjorn was under the impression that these supercharger systems should not be charged any import tax and that certain states in the U.S. probably charge the import tax... I know that's the case with Texas and Virginia (i.e. where Darren and Stuart are/were residing when they purchased their superchargers (Stuart is in MD now)), but I'm not sure about Maryland, though I'll find out soon enough!

I was told that FedEx would send me the forms... the problem with downloading those forms from the link you sent me is that there is so much info on those forms that I have absolutely no idea what to fill in, plus I heard that FedEx tells you which fields on the form to fill in (not many) and fax it back to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjunmoonx View Post
how much was it?lol
$$$ You can check the exact amount on ESS's website for your specific vehicle... http://www.esstuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
nice, i hope to be getting one in the near future as well.
Thanks! I look forward to you getting yours hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouchet View Post
yeah, post a review when you get it installed.
I will definitely do so (see my response to jbcritch above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Digital 323CI View Post
Congrats Navin. I'm interested to see the power numbers you get. This is something I might look into in the future if things turn out good with your ESS kit.
Thanks Chad! I'm not sure when I'll actually get around to doing a dyno... I've always been hesitant about doing one of those out of concern that something bad will happen to my step tranny or if the person in charge of running the dyno fails to tie my car down the proper way. According to ESS's website, I'm looking to get somewhere in the 280hp range versus the 170+ hp I'm getting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Congrats from a fellow Eurowerkz member. Id love to SCREW my 330......one day.
Thanks Chris! I hope you do that, Chris... I'm a HUGE fan of your car... you've done a great job modding it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeshon View Post
Hope you can afford a CF intake manifold, or it's all for not.
I'm gonna assume you were just joking... whether or not I get a CF intake manifold, getting this s/c is most definitely worth it to me. Besides, my engine cover will be CF, so I'm happy with the standard gray color of the intake manifold... I could have payed extra to have it black but I prefer the gray color (still matches with the gray areas of my carbon fiber engine bay mods, LOL).

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #25
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanwarrior View Post
Congrats on your purchase Navin
Thanks bro! Also my thanks to you for the feedback you gave me in my other TS1 threads... I sincerely appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
Congrats Navin!!! Welcome to the twinscrew club . How much power is your car going to be making? Have you ever considered an engine swap before FI? Dont take anything I say the wrong way, just trying to help you with my previous experience. Your car has definitely come a LONGGGGG way bro
Thanks Ahmad! Please... I consider you like my own brother, so even if you didn't like this mod I'd respect what you have to say, so it's all good.

I never considered doing an engine swap... if anything I considered doing a tranny swap so I could move up to a TS2, but in the end I decided that the TS1 should have MORE than enough power to keep me happy. I was just looking to give my auto 323i a bit more pep to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
good decision...this will totally transform your car ask me how I know
Haha! Thanks man! How do you know? Could it be because you went the same route as me?

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #26
blackbenzz

My Ride: Benz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Thanks Ahmad! Please... I consider you like my own brother, so even if you didn't like this mod I'd respect what you have to say, so it's all good.

I never considered doing an engine swap... if anything I considered doing a tranny swap so I could move up to a TS2, but in the end I decided that the TS1 should have MORE than enough power to keep me happy. I was just looking to give my auto 323i a bit more pep to it.
I love the twinscrew mod. I see what you want to get out of this and you are going down the right path. Different people have different goals and theres different ways of achieving them. I think you will get what you want out of this. Cant wait to see it in person!
Old 03-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbenzz View Post
I love the twinscrew mod. I see what you want to get out of this and you are going down the right path. Different people have different goals and theres different ways of achieving them. I think you will get what you want out of this. Cant wait to see it in person!
Thanks bro... yeah I remember reading countless posts years back where people recommended instead of going the route of making your car faster with intake/chip/exhaust and basically spending less $$$ but getting not a whole lot of HP/torque increase to just save the $$$ and eventually get yourself a supercharger for larger HP/torque increase. I definitely think it was better in my case to just save up and get the supercharger.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #28
LagunaBlau///M3

My Ride: HEMI powered AWD
you know navin, you keep saying that TS1 is gonna be enough power. But you know damn well that come next year your gonna be posting on here telling us your buying a 6 speed gearbox to go to TS2. LoL. Your gonna get Boost Happy just like everyone else does!!!!!

2010 SRT8 Challenger (mildly built motor)
2007 SRT8 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 SOLD!
2006 Subaru STI highly modified SOLD!
2003.5 E46 M3 (the smurf) SOLD!
LagunaBlau///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:16 PM   #29
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
boost happy? NAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

LMAO

550 here I come!!!!
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #30
LagunaBlau///M3

My Ride: HEMI powered AWD
all you guys with your superchargers and turbo's can eat my a$$

Im so effin jealous.

2010 SRT8 Challenger (mildly built motor)
2007 SRT8 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 SOLD!
2006 Subaru STI highly modified SOLD!
2003.5 E46 M3 (the smurf) SOLD!
LagunaBlau///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #31
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
^^^^^^

for a short time...

doh....
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #32
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Nice Navin!

Now no one can say to you to start doing engine mods...........
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #33
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
you know navin, you keep saying that TS1 is gonna be enough power. But you know damn well that come next year your gonna be posting on here telling us your buying a 6 speed gearbox to go to TS2. LoL. Your gonna get Boost Happy just like everyone else does!!!!!
Haha! I think with all honesty I can say that day won't happen... at least not next year. The only way I ever see myself upgrading to a TS2 is if my step tranny dies on me and I wind up swapping to a manual tranny... MAYBE then I'd consider upgrading to TS2, but honestly my driving style wouldn't warrant the neccessity to have a TS2, therefore the TS1 should make me more than happy.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #34
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
Nice Navin!

Now no one can say to you to start doing engine mods...........
Haha! You mean start doing more engine mods... I did upgrade my intake and exhaust years back.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #35
stang65

My Ride: 2004 6mt ///m3
navin congrats you have to post some vids and you oppion on the ts1. I know I wanted to go ts2 but I cant get anuff money together so Im going to go AA
Old 03-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #36
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
badass move navin... out of curiosity, why didn't you consider switching over to an e46 m3 motor? Wouldn't the price have been similar and the gains significantly greater?

Don't flame me cause I might be way off on this one but just a thought...

other than that, great mod man... you have to giv eme a ride after getting it

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #37
HighBoostin330

My Ride: 2002 Stock 330Ci
Quote:
Thanks man! What's your name? Is it Ed? I see the "Ed" in your screen name which is why I asked.

I'm still not certain I'll be charged the import tax... Asbjorn was under the impression that these supercharger systems should not be charged any import tax and that certain states in the U.S. probably charge the import tax... I know that's the case with Texas and Virginia (i.e. where Darren and Stuart are/were residing when they purchased their superchargers (Stuart is in MD now)), but I'm not sure about Maryland, though I'll find out soon enough!

I was told that FedEx would send me the forms... the problem with downloading those forms from the link you sent me is that there is so much info on those forms that I have absolutely no idea what to fill in, plus I heard that FedEx tells you which fields on the form to fill in (not many) and fax it back to them.
My name is Brian. I should change my sn to slowest330.

You should not be charged any import tax as I did not, but maybe because I live in California.

I think I will include this in my final review of the TS3. However, I'll post it here to get it out of the way and make things faster for you.

The FedEx agent will not help you much. They will just say please fill this out and if you questions just contact them. So with that said...

With the link I posted for you, you will need to fill out these fields:

2B. Social Security Number
3. Import Name
6. Check the Individual box
7. Importer Mailing Address
8. City
9. State Code should really mean State initials
10. Zip
12-14. Copy the same data you had in fields 8-10, respectively
18. Printed or Typed Name and Title
19. Telephone Number Including Area Code
20. Signature
21. Date

The other fields you will be allowed to leave blank.

Then you can scan the file and then place it into a PDF and send it back to them via email. Wait about 30 minutes and then call them to confirm that they have received it and you are all set. Then wait your sleepless nights as it arrives to your house.
HighBoostin330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #38
BimmerDude18

My Ride: 1998 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
badass move navin... out of curiosity, why didn't you consider switching over to an e46 m3 motor? Wouldn't the price have been similar and the gains significantly greater?

Don't flame me cause I might be way off on this one but just a thought...

other than that, great mod man... you have to giv eme a ride after getting it
See Georges epic thread. The work is completely not worth it unless you plan to run the S54 on a standalone system and have some way of sorting the gauges (or will just buy new ones).

An E36 M3 motor would be easier because the standalone systems are more plentyful for it, but it would still be a pain.

1998 528i 5-speed Work in progress
1988 Toyota Pickup (4WD 5-speed) daily
2007 San Marino Blue 350z 6-speed sold
1996 328i 5-speed sold

www.e46nonM.com - www.precision-sport.com - www.flyingwindowtinters.com - www.techniquetuning.com
BimmerDude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #39
M0nk3y
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Haha! You mean start doing more engine mods... I did upgrade my intake and exhaust years back.
Headers, chip, injectors, diff......Now its time for those
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:37 PM   #40
asianjedi

My Ride: heaby & good rookin'
Send a message via AIM to asianjedi
Uh...I am a little offended here. One would think that after my constant pleading, badgering and threats of violence urging you to get a power adder before another cosmetic mod would have earned me a mention in the original post.

I should have least gotta a ..but oh no I gets nada...........

LOL...just kidding Navin. Congrats bro. I say we do another run to the OC show like last year with me, you, Freddy, Stuart, and Ahmad.

HMMM...might Freddy now be the slowest in the group?

Racing Dynamics l Martin Motorsports l Custom Performace Innovations
asianjedi is offline   Reply With Quote