E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #161
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
hmmm, ok. remember - you will be parking at shows next to Mike and his WB or Bob, or etc, etc, or hell, even me

I dont care that people cant see the damn thing - my attitude is - lets go race
Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #162
LagunaBlau///M3

My Ride: HEMI powered AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Why not? You must have seen the pics I posted before of the particular CF engine cover I'm referring to that says "Supercharged by ESS Tuning". Normally I don't care for decals on my CF but I'm making an exception in this case especially since the average person will not even know my engine bay has a twin screw supercharger. It's not like the decal would cover up all the CF anyhow... I think it still looks good with it on.

NO stickers on the CF engine cover's. Im pretty sure people will be able to tell there is something hanging off the intake manifold . Just type up a nice mod sheet and put that on your first thing for engine mod's.

2010 SRT8 Challenger (mildly built motor)
2007 SRT8 Jeep Cherokee SRT8 SOLD!
2006 Subaru STI highly modified SOLD!
2003.5 E46 M3 (the smurf) SOLD!
LagunaBlau///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #163
fmzip

My Ride: 2001 330cic & 530i
I thought the decal looks great in the pictures on the ESS install CD. I actually thought it was screened on the cover, not a decal.

To me, the plain carbon fiber looks a little blah under the hood.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #164
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
Congratulations on getting the TS!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #165
330i ZHP

T - when are you getting your car back? PM me with new mods and details - so Naaviin doesnt get pissed at me for going OT
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #166
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
hmmm, ok. remember - you will be parking at shows next to Mike and his WB or Bob, or etc, etc, or hell, even me

I dont care that people cant see the damn thing - my attitude is - lets go race
Dude, I don't care who I park next to... it's not about that, it's seriously just my personal preference. I really like the ESS decal on the engine cover... not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaBlau///M3 View Post
NO stickers on the CF engine cover's. Im pretty sure people will be able to tell there is something hanging off the intake manifold . Just type up a nice mod sheet and put that on your first thing for engine mod's.
I'll definitely have the S/C listed on my mod sheet but like I told Stuart, I'm just really feeling the ESS decal on the engine cover... looks really good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
I thought the decal looks great in the pictures on the ESS install CD. I actually thought it was screened on the cover, not a decal.
That's what I initially thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T330 View Post
Congratulations on getting the TS!
Thanks Talha!

Quote:
T - when are you getting your car back? PM me with new mods and details - so Naaviin doesnt get pissed at me for going OT
When have I ever gotten pissed off with you for going OT? You do it so much that I'm used to it now.

How did the "race" go by the way? We all wound up leaving the Cici's lot and chilled over at the Old Navy lot.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 04-05-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #167
elite53

My Ride: Twin Screwed 325Ci
From what I've read so far..... I'm surprised your not having a special carbon fiber decal made for your carbon fiber engine covers.
elite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #168
330i ZHP

lol - that is kind of funny

Navin is doing it up in style and taking his performance cues from a pro

me
Old 04-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #169
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite53 View Post
From what I've read so far..... I'm surprised your not having a special carbon fiber decal made for your carbon fiber engine covers.
But then you have a carbon fiber decal on a carbon fiber engine cover... that would make the decal camoflauge with the engine cover and look invisible, LOL.

Quote:
lol - that is kind of funny

Navin is doing it up in style and taking his performance cues from a pro

me
Hey I wound up picking up a VDO analog oil temp gauge at the AtSpeed meet today (they hooked me up big time)... wish they had the boost and oil pressure gauges but will see if I can have one of our vendors here possibly OVERNIGHT ship it on monday so my mechanic can get it on tuesday... wish me LUCK!

p.s. Thanks for letting me see your gauges earlier today... I like where they reside at the sunglass holder area and it's not a problem to see those while driving (they seem more than high enough to me to see).

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #170
330i ZHP

np bud
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #171
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Day #1 - Car is now in the shop

Dropped off the car this morning and DME should be shipped out later today to Phoenix to be reprogrammed.

I'll be totally honest with you fellas... I'm actually feeling something right now I didn't expect to feel... a bit sad that the car is going through such a major procedure... WHY do I feel this way, you all may be asking yourselves.

Probably because I share a LOT in common with my car... my car being an auto 323i is relatively slow compared to all the other Bimmers... I too, because of my heart condition, was physically weaker and slower relative to others of my age group growing up.
Technology made me a LOT faster and stronger physically (my mechanical heart components, pacemaker, and my abdomen reinforced with GoreTex), and technology (i.e. the TS1) will make my car a LOT faster than what it is now.
The ultimate similarity between me and my car... carbon fiber is part of my heart... carbon fiber is part of my car.

Therefore when I dropped my car off today to undergo such a major procedure, I felt the same way that me and my family felt when my family "dropped" me off with my heart surgeons to undergo my major procedure (open-heart surgery). The whole while you hope and pray that things go well... likewise I feel the same way about my car... hopefully everything will go fine with no issues with the S/C or with my car going forward.

Of course the PRIMARY difference between my car and me is that if anything does go wrong with the S/C or other components in my car, then it's FIXABLE... whereas in the case with my heart, if something truly were to go wrong it may or may not be FIXABLE, LOL.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts right now... I'm sure everything will go fine with my car.

Navin

Old 04-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #172
330i ZHP

wow, very touching - i am glad to be your friend and i am sure we all are happy to have you and your car a part of our community
Old 04-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #173
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
I on the other hand am a realistic person....so Navin, nice story but you are totally reaching for straws dude! Either way, good luck with the install, all will be fine.

BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #174
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
wow, very touching - i am glad to be your friend and i am sure we all are happy to have you and your car a part of our community
Thanks Stuart... I'm truly honored to hear you say that.

Another odd similarity between my car and I... DME is getting reprogrammed while my heart got "reprogrammed" today (or should I say my pacemaker got reprogrammed)... I have to go in for "software updates" periodically... talk about feeling like the Six Million Dollar bionic man, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
I on the other hand am a realistic person....so Navin, nice story but you are totally reaching for straws dude! Either way, good luck with the install, all will be fine.

I'm not saying I'm not realistic... that has nothing to do with all this, nor am I reaching for straws. I'm merely speaking from my "heart".

I'm sure things will go well... thanks for the good luck wishes.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #175
stang65

My Ride: 2004 6mt ///m3
navin it'll be alright your car will come back way better than ever. like sated before you are a well liked and respected member of this forum and I wish best of luck
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #176
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65 View Post
navin it'll be alright your car will come back way better than ever. like sated before you are a well liked and respected member of this forum and I wish best of luck
Thanks bro.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #177
kevinterkelsen

My Ride: 328 ci (TS 3)
You are going to love it!

Dear Navin,

great story - I guess in some way we all love our cars - why else would we spend the time, money and energy. But your story is fantastic and I thought -maybe it's like before you got one of your operations - your are a little worrid - but as with your operations your cars operation will be perfect! And in a little while you will take the new power for granted!

Thanks for your work/thread on brakes and rims - I bought the ultraleggeras and the 355 mm 6 piston BBK and they are a perfect combo!

Be sure to post your experiences with the TS 1 setup!

Best,

Kevin
kevinterkelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #178
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinterkelsen View Post
Dear Navin,

great story - I guess in some way we all love our cars - why else would we spend the time, money and energy. But your story is fantastic and I thought -maybe it's like before you got one of your operations - your are a little worrid - but as with your operations your cars operation will be perfect! And in a little while you will take the new power for granted!

Thanks for your work/thread on brakes and rims - I bought the ultraleggeras and the 355 mm 6 piston BBK and they are a perfect combo!

Be sure to post your experiences with the TS 1 setup!

Best,

Kevin

Thank you so much, Kevin! I'm really honored by your kindness.

That's FANTASTIC that you got the Ultraleggeras and confirmed that they fit your 355mm 6 piston BBK (I assume Brembo, correct?)

That's next on my modding agenda after the S/C... get my Ultraleggeras in preparation for next winter and testfit them to my Brembo 6 piston 355mm BBK.

Take care,
Navin

Old 04-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #179
asianjedi

My Ride: heaby & good rookin'
Send a message via AIM to asianjedi
Nav,

You should be a writer for the Lifetime channel.

Just kidding.

Racing Dynamics l Martin Motorsports l Custom Performace Innovations
asianjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #180
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianjedi View Post
Nav,

You should be a writer for the Lifetime channel.

Just kidding.
If it will help fund my mods then I'll be MORE than happy to do it.