E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.30 average.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #221
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by playskool1 View Post
NICE!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #222
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Will wait for the "new and improved version" Not feeling the current one.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #223
tas

My Ride: Y2K AA SC 323i
I am in for the Red ones.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #224
Owtlaw333

My Ride: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tas View Post
I am in for the Red ones.
Hope you're in for some tickets too!

productionof1.com
|||_Buy my photos?_|||
Owtlaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 PM   #225
umnitza
877•486•6489

if not tickets then definitely a lot of pull you over headaches.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #226
tas

My Ride: Y2K AA SC 323i
For off-road only.

Last edited by tas; 05-11-2008 at 09:24 PM.
tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #227
umnitza
877•486•6489

"For Impound Lot Only"
Old 05-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #228
umnitza
877•486•6489

So we had a lot of success with Predator Orion. Why not take it a step further. The upgraded more modern look of the Orion version 1, now available in the classic filled out ring of Orion II

We decided to design our own implementation, not using any of the existing manufacturers that are available on the market.

Orion II has the following most important features:

Chromium backing
It's a carry over - but it still gives the rings a finished look.

60 LED ARRAY
But not the low output kind used by the competition of only 600mcd, the higher output kind (and I will not reveal it but it's BRIGHT).

Multi-Stage Clipping System
That's right, no need to decide for only 2 clips. Now you have the ability to install the clip in ANY configuration, 2 clicks? no problem, 3 clicks? no problem? 4 clicks? no problem. This solves the one issue that facelifted sedans had with the product where you sometimes had to dremel your inner trim piece.

Free Upgrade from Orion Version 1 to Version 2
You will only be responsible for shipping both ways, but if you desire to switch, you can. They are however 2 distinctive products and will be offered as such.

Fitment for all headlights:
Projector46, Projector39, Projector53 (coming soon), Projector36, etc.

Carry-Over Features
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Remote Fade/On Fade/Off
  • PolyCarbonate UV Coated Rings
  • 100K Hours Expected Life
  • Easier Installation than ANY OTHER KIT

From the leaders that brought you every innovation since the beginning of the angel eyes CCFL revolution, comes the next step.

Predator Orion II - Don't be fooled by the "camouflage" - a new prototype ring will be here on Friday, some of the initial ones we tested so far were slightly off on the color, but this one will be 6000k (we've used the preliminary prototypes for a few shots already - one of those is already on the product page), just like the famous Chromiums.

For 2004 Coupe People
They are coming too, only a short time later after Orion II for standard E46s will be released, 2004 Coupes are coming.

For Multi-Color Changing - hang onto your hats
It's coming.

Pre-Orders Starting Now:
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1198

Delivery announcement will be made in 1 week
Old 05-12-2008, 01:42 PM   #229
bimmerbum46

My Ride: sweet pair of Vans
Send a message via AIM to bimmerbum46
Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #230
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
when will these be out?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #231
umnitza
877•486•6489

I'll let you know exact delivery times in 4-5 days. But we wanted you to be sure that the leading innovators aren't asleep at the wheel
Old 05-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #232
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
WOW, I thought the Orions were supposed to be the "pinnacle" of halo development....the Orion fad hasnt even blown over and now there are OrionIIs?
Lemonsqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #233
umnitza
877•486•6489

Thanks for your comments. I'm sure we're going to get some people saying the same as you, so I figured I'd answer them now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHorton
Say we have the Orion Version 1...how much to upgrade?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza
If you have our Orion, this is not an upgrade

You know what I don't like? I never liked?

I never liked "upgrades" - because that somehow implies that the product you received already is inferior.

Other companies do this as a way to "upsell" you products. I'm not doing that.

If you looked at Predator Chromium for 4 years, it was never "upgraded" - sure we made tweaks here and there but why make you feel like the product you got is somehow worse when it isn't?

This is different version. Orion with the 30 LED array will continue to be sold because well, people like it. Otherwise, we'd have never sold so many.

This is just a swap, what I'm going to recommend is this - buy only just the rings. Swap them when you feel like it.

I guarantee you that Orion V1 will still get more looks than V2, but that's for the customer to decide.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #234
umnitza
877•486•6489

As an FYI, we will not be discontinuing any products that you have already purchased, we just don't do that.

What happens in 2 months when the "other guys" decide they are no longer interested like so many more prior to them? Look now what happened, they are dumping the "mycarr" product without any regard for your support.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #235
bimmerbum46

My Ride: sweet pair of Vans
Send a message via AIM to bimmerbum46
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
As an FYI, we will not be discontinuing any products that you have already purchased, we just don't do that.

What happens in 2 months when the "other guys" decide they are no longer interested like so many more prior to them? Look now what happened, they are dumping the "mycarr" product without any regard for your support.
Atleast EAS wont hang up the phone when a potential customer who hasnt purchased your product yet, calls to locate a regional installer before hand

Exactley why ill never purchase an Umnitza product ever again...absolute terrible customer service
Old 05-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #236
umnitza
877•486•6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbum46 View Post
At least wont hang up the phone when a potential customer who hasnt purchased your product yet, calls to locate a regional installer before hand

customer service
Sorry you may have had a bad experience. That's not indicative of how we do things and if it did happen, I apologize for anything that you felt was not adequate.

We are always here to assist our customers first.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #237
naraM

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbum46 View Post
Atleast EAS wont hang up the phone when a potential customer who hasnt purchased your product yet, calls to locate a regional installer before hand

Exactley why ill never purchase an Umnitza product ever again...absolute terrible customer service

umnitza has good costumer service. You cant base your whole judgment on one experience. Habbie or however you spell it, hes real cool. And someone else who usually answers the phone is also nice and helpful, just a little monotone
either way umnitza's quality and service is exceptional.
naraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #238
naraM

My Ride: JDM
just because eas comes out with a new product that is basically the same exact thing as umnitza's orions, except with the gaps filled, it doesn't prove anything. Eas and Umnitza are both excellent, no reason to hop on the bandwagon and unnecessarily bash someone because its competitor comes out with something of consumers interests.
naraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #239
umnitza
877•486•6489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naras View Post
just because eas comes out with a new product that is basically the same exact thing as umnitza's orions, except with the gaps filled, it doesn't prove anything. Eas and Umnitza are both excellent, no reason to hop on the bandwagon and unnecessarily bash someone because its competitor comes out with something of consumers interests.
Well, there's something to be said for coming out with something, and another to claim you'll have it eventually.

We simply made our announcement to reflect that we're pretty far along with the Version 2 of the product and hope that people will enjoy BOTH products for what they offer.

Thanks for the support. It's very much appreciated.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM   #240
Nismode

My Ride: Accord EX
Send a message via AIM to Nismode Send a message via MSN to Nismode Send a message via Yahoo to Nismode Send a message via Skype™ to Nismode
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
So we had a lot of success with Predator Orion. Why not take it a step further. The upgraded more modern look of the Orion version 1, now available in the classic filled out ring of Orion II

We decided to design our own implementation, not using any of the existing manufacturers that are available on the market.

Orion II has the following most important features:

Chromium backing
It's a carry over - but it still gives the rings a finished look.

60 LED ARRAY
But not the low output kind used by the competition of only 600mcd, the higher output kind (and I will not reveal it but it's BRIGHT).

Multi-Stage Clipping System
That's right, no need to decide for only 2 clips. Now you have the ability to install the clip in ANY configuration, 2 clicks? no problem, 3 clicks? no problem? 4 clicks? no problem. This solves the one issue that facelifted sedans had with the product where you sometimes had to dremel your inner trim piece.

Free Upgrade from Orion Version 1 to Version 2
You will only be responsible for shipping both ways, but if you desire to switch, you can. They are however 2 distinctive products and will be offered as such.

Fitment for all headlights:
Projector46, Projector39, Projector53 (coming soon), Projector36, etc.

Carry-Over Features
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Remote Fade/On Fade/Off
  • PolyCarbonate UV Coated Rings
  • 100K Hours Expected Life
  • Easier Installation than ANY OTHER KIT

Predator Orion II - Don't be fooled by the "camouflage" - a new prototype ring will be here on Friday, some of the initial ones we tested so far were slightly off on the color, but this one will be 6000k (we've used the preliminary prototypes for a few shots already - one of those is already on the product page), just like the famous Chromiums.

For 2004 Coupe People
They are coming too, only a short time later after Orion II for standard E46s will be released, 2004 Coupes are coming.

For Multi-Color Changing - hang onto your hats
It's coming.
So, new clip design, and more LED's (meaning brighter). Which brings it even further from OEM Style. But does this mean that the "blotchy" look will be lessened because of more LED's? If this is the case, then I'll still wait until more color temps are offered, and the brightness/dimming settings can be adjusted.

Quote:
This is just a swap, what I'm going to recommend is this - buy only just the rings. Swap them when you feel like it.

I guarantee you that Orion V1 will still get more looks than V2, but that's for the customer to decide.
Why do you think that V1 will get more looks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
vitamin water = Kool-Aid for white people
Need a photoshoot? PM me for details.
Nismode is offline   Reply With Quote