E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
marv
Banned

My Ride: 2002 M3 Cab
Delfector of wind for convertible?

As a proud owner of a convertible of E46 m3, I must admit that I lead around with the top to downward when no bad weather allows it. Since I live in Texas, this means that I have the top to downward any time that it does not rain. A problem that I have is the wind however. The other day when I saw somebody with my same car, but had a deflector of wind deflecting plate to him. After having sought around on the Internet I could not find one. Did no matter who buy one here? If where it you bought which would be, the price and how much is it effective?
marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:55 PM   #2
lilherc79
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"

My Ride: ASA ACS 3.0 Cabrio
If u own a vert, the wind deflector is A MUST HAVE!!! it cuts down the cabin wind terbulence SIGNIFICANTLY! I can leave the top down all winter long with that thing up. It'll allow you to enjoy the droptop much much more. I LOVE IT.

I got mine from www.pacificbmw.com its about 300ish. where as if u bought it as an option would cost you about 500 (what a rip). It may not be on their website, but you can always call in and get what you want. They are very reputable and have the best around OE prices.

Installation is piece of cake. no tools are necessary. all you gotta do is open the canvas cover, put the wind deflector in the mounting holes in the rear passenger seat area. Fld the deflector down. make sure the little "arms" are even on each side, then close the canvas cover, locking the "arms" under the covers securing the wind deflector. Thats it!

Enjoy!
lilherc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 10:20 PM   #3
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Yup, the deflector is WELL worth it. I bought my car from a private party, and the guy included a car cover and the deflector, so I can't comment on a "good" price. As far as effectiveness, it does make a big difference.
mtnbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
tmc

My Ride: 04 M3conv
Read what this guy has to say here:
http://www.killerrobot.com/bmw/0501.html

I bought my 330cic used and it had one included. I love it too.

tom
tmc is offline   Reply With Quote