E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #41
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by numba1guju View Post
no offense to either...i wasnt tryin to put either companies down or anything...ive had a small hassle with umnitzas tech support(little slow at responding...not too bad)...EAS is where i bought my wheels from and have had hassle free support....im goin for my angel eyes through jlevisw though...even though i have never bought anything from them...their support is AWESOME...i ask nick a question and i get the quickest response...thats what you call GREAT!!! customer service....again dont take this comment in a wrong way

overall its just personal preference where to buy from...im not hating on ANYONE

like i said i have bought from both EAS and Umnitza...the only reason i said why is yalls price higher because if MYCARR made the angel eyes then prices should be exactly the same..i know that if umnitza is buying from my car and then selling they would have to charge more...my parents have a business i know how it works...

if the lights have same features and both of yall back the product with a lifetime warranty then why sell at different prices....am i wrong? im sure i didnt say anything wrong
Umnitza is a direct distributor of the Predator Orion with Chromium backing.
We innovated this product and have exclusive on it with Chromium backing.
At this time, we have a set price that reflects what we believe is proper in the market as we are not supporting our retailers with raised prices.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #42
Kenny@JleviSW
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: JB E90 335
Send a message via AIM to Kenny@JleviSW
I like the way Orion looks. I would definitely go with it.
Kenny@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #43
numba1guju

My Ride: 2013 328i
Send a message via AIM to numba1guju
oh yeah to the OP sorry for goin off topic

2002 325i: Black/Black
Mods: Clears, VM V715 Matte Black 19in staggered, 20% tint all around, Suspension Technique Coilovers, p46s 6000k w/ aurora 60LED
numba1guju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #44
Eduardo1971

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Wow, those look terrible! Do you offer a satisfaction guarantee? These are going to need Much more hype because from looks alone this product is going straight to ebay for the Honda and Scion owners
You are right; this a terrible picture. That E46 is ugly!!! Not only that but this photo makes the Orion's look ugly; as a matter of fact this is one of the most unflattering pictures of the Orion's that I've seen. Ok, end of my rant.

I guess I'm going to have to check these out in person; other pictures of the Orion's in action look very good. The Orion's on the black ZHP look beautiful. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=143
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0930.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	266806  

Last edited by Eduardo1971; 04-11-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Eduardo1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #45
scottieb321

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by numba1guju View Post
heres my opinion on chromiums....yes they offer a solid look but they fail...i havent had angel eyes on since about a year...thats bec the ballast shipping is 10 bux...if you think about it...if the ballast fails continuously like many have claimed then youd just be puttin 10 dollars down for shipping every couple months or so....my passenger side ballast went out 3 months after angel eyes were put in...so i turned em off bec i didnt want the car lookin retarded with only driver side on....so in my opinion go for orions...yeah they might not be the best lookin..im goin for them bec over time i think i will save money on SHIPPING!!!...its 10 dollars every time...you can do the calculations

if you can't afford to spend $10 four times a year to replace the ballast, then maybe you should own a KIA or something. those cars are cheap and relatively economical. *Most* people buy bimmers b/c they love the way they look. I would gladly spend $40/year to have a set of sick looking angel eyes, rather than driving around with a set of cheap-looking LEDS.

Sex Appeal > Cost
scottieb321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #46
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieb321 View Post
if you can't afford to spend $10 four times a year to replace the ballast, then maybe you should own a KIA or something. those cars are cheap and relatively economical. *Most* people buy bimmers b/c they love the way they look. I would gladly spend $40/year to have a set of sick looking angel eyes, rather than driving around with a set of cheap-looking LEDS.

Sex Appeal > Cost
I think you have a point.

However, I do agree with the poster, he doesn't need to spend that much on replacement parts. That sounds more like an installer/installation issue.

We need to work with him to resolve that issue if he continues to have that problem.

Almost every customer we have installed locally has their sets working for a long time, well over 3 years, which is pretty reasonable for a product that is on every time you start the car.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #47
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Chromiums until the orions fill the gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #48
DriveWFO

My Ride: 2002 325i
325i w/ Predator Chromiums

No problems whatsoever with temperatures here in Pittsburgh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003_640.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	266848   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0012_640.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	266849  

Last edited by DriveWFO; 04-11-2008 at 07:56 PM.
DriveWFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #49
csoell

My Ride: 2003 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to csoell
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWFO View Post
No problems whatsoever with temperatures here in Pittsburgh.
I'm in Pittsburgh too with my Chromiums and they work fine for two years now.....
csoell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #50
j0nblayz

My Ride: 2003 M3 Cabrio
I just finished installing the MyCarr LED's (Orions), and i am sooo happy i went with these instead of the CCFL. I was worried before i got them about the spacing between the LED's, but in person it looks totally different. There is a little noticeable spacing between the LED's but thats what makes them even nicer, gives it a very refreshing look, and its nothing like the posted pics you see. In person, it looks amazing..
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #51
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
Wow I can't f*cking beleive all the bashing from guys like Versace etc.

It's a f*cking DDE kit!!

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Do you have NOTHING better to do than go online and bash a company that provides a product for people looking to buy that product?

Sorry to rant but every single thread turns out this way and it seriously makes fanatics seem retarded.

OP - FWIW, I bought my chromiums from Umnitza and went through an entire New England winter with no cold start issues/dead rings etc.

I would highly recommend the product and Umnitza. Don't listen to half the morons on this site that bud into threads they're really not needed in. These sponsors wouldn't still be in business if all the the haters brought up was true.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #52
numba1guju

My Ride: 2013 328i
Send a message via AIM to numba1guju
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 325i View Post
Wow I can't f*cking beleive all the bashing from guys like Versace etc.

It's a f*cking DDE kit!!

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Do you have NOTHING better to do than go online and bash a company that provides a product for people looking to buy that product?

Sorry to rant but every single thread turns out this way and it seriously makes fanatics seem retarded.

OP - FWIW, I bought my chromiums from Umnitza and went through an entire New England winter with no cold start issues/dead rings etc.

I would highly recommend the product and Umnitza. Don't listen to half the morons on this site that bud into threads they're really not needed in. These sponsors wouldn't still be in business if all the the haters brought up was true.

2002 325i: Black/Black
Mods: Clears, VM V715 Matte Black 19in staggered, 20% tint all around, Suspension Technique Coilovers, p46s 6000k w/ aurora 60LED
numba1guju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #53
bagher

My Ride: Marshmallow logic
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Just got Orions installed. They look amazingly hot. They do NOT photograph well. The make the car look brand new like a new Audi but better. Trust me!
bagher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #54
Baaarb

My Ride: 320D
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post
Chromiums until the orions fill the gaps.
Yes.. I think so... it would be more beautiful with less gaps... - so, more LEDs please! And the Chromiums rings are wider....
But as I have written, the LEDs looks really nice - look at Audi A5...

Last edited by Baaarb; 05-04-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Baaarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #55
sunydude

My Ride: Boost
I finished installing my Orions from JLevi... they look amazing! I like them better than CFL

I haven't tried taking a pic but will post some soon

E46 325i - sold
E46 M/// - sold
2011 WRX - sold !!!

Back to BMW :-)
sunydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #56
j0nblayz

heres some quick pics..

Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #57
umnitza

We have more photos of more installed cars.

Looks like when I designed these 8 months ago, I had a premonition it would be popular Great photos guys.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #58
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nblayz View Post
Got the approval from the wife, i can buy a set of angel eyes.. At the rate i'm going i should be able to buy one item per week.. heh..

anyways, im having a hard time deciding on chromiums or orion's, i like the chromium for the solid light look, but also love the orions since they dont require ballasts and also very low fail rate. I heard that looking at the orion light in person is much different then the posted pics. I just need some peoples opinions with orions, how do they look? do you like them more then the chromiums? should i buy chromiums for now and wait til the orion v2 comes out?? i just feel like the orion's dont have enough led's in between.
Nether.

Wait to see what we having coming out - more info coming soon.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #59
Eduardo1971

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nblayz
Got the approval from the wife, i can buy a set of angel eyes.. At the rate i'm going i should be able to buy one item per week.. heh..

anyways, im having a hard time deciding on chromiums or orion's, i like the chromium for the solid light look, but also love the orions since they dont require ballasts and also very low fail rate. I heard that looking at the orion light in person is much different then the posted pics. I just need some peoples opinions with orions, how do they look? do you like them more then the chromiums? should i buy chromiums for now and wait til the orion v2 comes out?? i just feel like the orion's dont have enough led's in between.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Neither.

Are you going to release a new version of the Angel Eye LED's????
Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #60
j0nblayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Nether.

sweet, thanx for letting me know now after i already bought a set of led's.. heh

i'm pretty much sure you are talking about the orion v2's, if thats the case, i will be upgrading..